Disney hotels that fit five in a room?

niccofive

Spending My Ears!
I am having trouble figuring out exactly which Disney resorts fit five to a room. I know the Poly, Animal Kingdom Lodge, POR and the Boardwalk Villas do. What other ones? We want to go during the Free Dining Plan period and I am under the impression that the Family Suites at the Value Resorts don't qualify for this. I am leaning toward the Poly because because I really like the idea of two queen beds and a daybed. I would probably kill my husband in a double for a week! :rotfl2:
Thank you in advance for all your mah-velous help. You guys are the best! :banana:

Any of the villas do, BW, OKW, SSR, BC and WL.

I think the non villas at WL do too in certain rooms. GF and Cont I think do as well.

All of the deluxes fit 5, as well as cabins at Fort Wilderness, and the DVC villas. and POR-Riverside with the trundle. AKL and WL have smaller deluxe rooms.

All the deluxes do not fit 5! You have to specifically ask and pay extra for a deluxe category room at AKL which includes a day bed. All the standard rooms at AKL only have 2 queens or 1 queen and bunk beds. Standard rooms at the WL only sleep 4 as well. I think all other deluxes have a day bed in their standard rooms, with the exception possibly being Beach Club. At the DVC resorts a studio will only fit 4. At POR you can request a trundle, but it is not guaranteed. A trundle is a small bed that comes out from under one of the full size beds. They are only in the Alligator Bayou section.

We want to go during the Free Dining Plan period and I am under the impression that the Family Suites at the Value Resorts don't qualify for this.
What makes you say that, I can not imagine why they would not let yoy get the free dining.
Anyway, these resorts have rooms available for over 4:
AKL: 5
Beach Club Resort and villas: 4-8
Boardwalk Inn and villa: 4-12
Contemporary: 5
Swan and Dolphin: 5 (but not sure if you can do the dining plan)
Grand Floridain: 5
Old Key West villas: 4-12
Poly: 5
Port Orleans: 4-5
Saratoga Springs: 4-12
Wilderness Lodge: 4-8
Yacht Club: 5

teentoddlermom said:
All the deluxes do not fit 5! You have to specifically ask and pay extra for a deluxe category room at AKL which includes a day bed. All the standard rooms at AKL only have 2 queens or 1 queen and bunk beds. Standard rooms at the WL only sleep 4 as well. I think all other deluxes have a day bed in their standard rooms, with the exception possibly being Beach Club. At the DVC resorts a studio will only fit 4. At POR you can request a trundle, but it is not guaranteed. A trundle is a small bed that comes out from under one of the full size beds. They are only in the Alligator Bayou section.

That was the point I was going to bring up. With the Polynesian and I believe the Contemporary and GF (not sure what others) all the rooms sleep at least 5. With the AKL I know our standard room did not sleep 5 but out one bedroom suite slept 6. Also WL not all the rooms sleep 5.

I called reservations last night asking a similar question (but for WL) and they said that the standard room sleep 4, but the deluxe Suites sleep up to 6. There is a picture of the room layout in the stickies section under resort info. However I was quoted the rack rate for Regular season. Too much for me.

POR does have a trundle if you request it. However it is not guaranteed. It's not a bad option if you ahve a child in your group under 5'. However, I definately understand your reason against double beds. Although after a week in POR our queen back home seems so much roomier :)

The cabins at FW so sleep more people. As for the villas I was told that the studio on 1 bedroom only slep 4 and the 2bedroom sleeps up to 8. HTH.

**I too read on another site that the All Star Family Suites are excluded from the free dining offer

you will pay more for sleeping 5 at WL or AKL then you will for 5 sleeping at the Poly garden view or a wing room at the Contemporary. As for the suites and the free dining, call and ask, there may be none available anyway. Have fun planning.

The suites are excluded from free dining. I confirmed that with CRO on two occasions. We are going to do POR because we can't justify the extra cost to upgrade to a deluxe. The person I spoke to when I made our reservation "guaranteed" that we'll get a room with a trundle because we're a party of 5. Should I be worried about this? Someone said that even a trundle is not guaranteed.

Well we always go to stay at the POR and we can fit 6 people into those rooms in alligator bayou..its a lil squished but honestly how often are you in your hotel????

you can only have 5 people legally at POR unless one in your party is 2 or under. If you are a family of 5 you are guaranteed a trundle, or if they are out of rooms in AB they will give you a cot for free in MB. This happened to us on Easter Week. We were given a choice AB i think bldg 36 (very fare) or Parterre Place building 95. We took the 95.

We stayed at POR in Sept. Family of 5. Children ages 3,6,10. Tight squeeze. The beds were incredibly small. But, we are used to a king size. It was just wonderful to stay on Disney property. We are trying 2 rooms at POP this year. We are guaranteed connecting rooms. We even reqested(no guarantees) a king for our room. The price difference was only a couple hundred dollars. Well worth it for a good nights sleep for us! Even considering a split stay at CR. (Quite a bit more money, but our DD 11 dream resort ;)

Well, if your family has any military job, there is always The Shades of Green. If not, the Swan, Dolphin, and Saratoga Springs have master family suites that I think can hold up to 10...good luck!

i think, you need to qualify your question. We are a family of 5 as well, and it is HARD to find affordable rooms at Disney that fit 5. yes, there are suites and villas and all that stuff, but actual rooms that fit 5 are few.
The best/cheapest http://allearsnet.com/acc/faq_dxl.htm Port orleans Riverside $155 a night(value) for 5. better rate than over at the Allstar suites.

You can go to disneyworld.com and punch in your info and it will show you which hotels would qualify and then compare on allears for what fits your needs
For us we chose Coronado 1 bedroom with king and (hopefull) connecting to 2 double bedroom about $300 a night for the 2 rooms.

AKL does have the queen bed and 2 bunks and will allow 5 and that is about $350 for the animal view. We perferred not to sleep in the same room as our kids, but I can see economical benefits to it

Disney is not 'family friendly" place If your family isn't the cookie cutter 2 kids and 2 adults

Wow, they must have changed the offer to include the Family Suites because I specifically asked on two separate occasions and they said the suites were not included in the offer.

Cabins at Fort Wilderness sleep 6. (A bdrm with a full and bunk beds, and a murphy bed in the living room.) You also have a kitchen, which is great for breakfast in the room. Overall, these are a great value.
There are now family suites at All-Star Music. They are scheduled to open June 6. I believe they sleep 6 as well.

I had a suite at the all star Music booked for my family of 6 back in March when free dining became available I had to switch to 2 rooms at POP because I was told the "suites" were not included in the dining!!

jcpuppy.com said:
i think, you need to qualify your question. We are a family of 5 as well, and it is HARD to find affordable rooms at Disney that fit 5. yes, there are suites and villas and all that stuff, but actual rooms that fit 5 are few.
The best/cheapest http://allearsnet.com/acc/faq_dxl.htm Port orleans Riverside $155 a night(value) for 5. better rate than over at the Allstar suites.

You can go to disneyworld.com and punch in your info and it will show you which hotels would qualify and then compare on allears for what fits your needs
For us we chose Coronado 1 bedroom with king and (hopefull) connecting to 2 double bedroom about $300 a night for the 2 rooms.

AKL does have the queen bed and 2 bunks and will allow 5 and that is about $350 for the animal view. We perferred not to sleep in the same room as our kids, but I can see economical benefits to it

Disney is not 'family friendly" place If your family isn't the cookie cutter 2 kids and 2 adults

We've had the same problem. Because we couldn't stay in a standard WL room (like we did last time when our DD was under 2), we basically ended up spending nearly twice as much as on our previous vacation because we had to go up to Poly (yeah, we're roughing it) which is a lot more per night. All the deluxes that sleep 5 are a lot more than other places. I even priced the junior suites at WL and they were more than a Poly room. It surprised me how much more Disney is costing us because we have 5 in our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter