Disney hotel versus normal hotel versus villa?

It's our first visit, but we went for an offsite hotel. I think Disneyland Paris hotels had put me off, mainly due to the scrums for the buses and breakfast in a morning. From the start we didn't want to stay onsite because what you got for what you're paying didn't match up for us. The higher end hotels would've been okay, but not for the price they were asking.

We booked this year for October though, so prices would've been higher. For just a bit more we could stay in a much nicer hotel, so that's why we opted for that. For us I think we'd have paid a bit more to stay off site to be honest. I don't know whether that'd always be the case, like I said Paris has put me off staying onsite.

The costs do add up for staying offsite if you haven't got them all set out in front of you before you decide though. Like we decided on no car, it wasn't needed, we were close to the parks and the hotels had shuttles, but after reading posts on here we decided we'd probably be better with one. Now we've got one and straight away we'll have Disney parking and hotel parking costs added on. It'll probably work out just the same cost as taxis for us, but we got one purely because I think the more experienced people on here are going to know better than me, so I went with what the majority seemed to be saying.

We have no kids with us though even we kids we always had a car. If you,re only into disney maybe not but i wouldnt visit without a car. Over our visits we have visited daytona coast, st petes beach, boggy creek airboat rides ( back this yr hopefully), silver springs and this year the Keys for 3 days. Taxis would have been astronomical lol
Also like to have a fridge in villa for food and drinks and the pool os big thing for us as like to have our own

We like being onsite but will always stay in a DVC resort in a 1 bed villa despite it just being the 3 of us.

We like the space and facilities it gives us plus we have the convenience of being able to use Disney transport so we can both have a drink some evenings.

We always have a car - couldn't manage without one! This trip we visited KSC, Longboat Key & Anna Maria (twice), Celebration, Mall, Outlets as well as restaurants etc offsite.

It isn't the cheapest option however its what WE like to do.

Just to put it in perspective we've got a room at Caribbean Beach for 1250 for 2 weeks booked only last month for the end of August so it doesn't need to cost the Earth. We'd struggle to get a nice villa for that really in August, especially last minute. £120 cashback has tracked on hotels.com too but it may not pay as I used a voucher code.

Even if the cashback doesn't come it's £89 per night, worth it for the buses on this occasion but I'm sure we'll be offsite next year as we've got a nice cruise booked which swallows the majority of the holiday fund!

we are saying in a villa next trip for the space. however plan to spend a few nights at animal kingdom lodge just because I love it so much. it's to expensive to do the whole 3 weeks there.

It's our first visit, but we went for an offsite hotel. I think Disneyland Paris hotels had put me off, mainly due to the scrums for the buses and breakfast in a morning. From the start we didn't want to stay onsite because what you got for what you're paying didn't match up for us. The higher end hotels would've been okay, but not for the price they were asking.

We booked this year for October though, so prices would've been higher. For just a bit more we could stay in a much nicer hotel, so that's why we opted for that. For us I think we'd have paid a bit more to stay off site to be honest. I don't know whether that'd always be the case, like I said Paris has put me off staying onsite.

The costs do add up for staying offsite if you haven't got them all set out in front of you before you decide though. Like we decided on no car, it wasn't needed, we were close to the parks and the hotels had shuttles, but after reading posts on here we decided we'd probably be better with one. Now we've got one and straight away we'll have Disney parking and hotel parking costs added on. It'll probably work out just the same cost as taxis for us, but we got one purely because I think the more experienced people on here are going to know better than me, so I went with what the majority seemed to be saying.

Disney Paris is nothing like Orlando!

Just to put it in perspective we've got a room at Caribbean Beach for 1250 for 2 weeks booked only last month for the end of August so it doesn't need to cost the Earth. We'd struggle to get a nice villa for that really in August, especially last minute. £120 cashback has tracked on hotels.com too but it may not pay as I used a voucher code.

Even if the cashback doesn't come it's £89 per night, worth it for the buses on this occasion but I'm sure we'll be offsite next year as we've got a nice cruise booked which swallows the majority of the holiday fund!

Took me a whole weekend but got a nice villa on a pga golf course for £550 :banana: 6 weeks bedore our trip which starts friday.

Just had cashback rejected and what with no fridge I'm seriously rethinking onsite, any tips? Ideal is 2+ bedrooms, quiet, nice fittings and furnishings, washer + dryer and nice pool.

Just had cashback rejected and what with no fridge I'm seriously rethinking onsite, any tips? Ideal is 2+ bedrooms, quiet, nice fittings and furnishings, washer + dryer and nice pool.

My friend has a villa. 4 beds and I think 2 baths. Maybe 3. Private pool. Kitchen etc. Not stayed there but friends have and say its lovely. About £500 a week. Only problem is its a 30 minute drive from Disney. PM me if you would like details.

My friend has a villa. 4 beds and I think 2 baths. Maybe 3. Private pool. Kitchen etc. Not stayed there but friends have and say its lovely. About £500 a week. Only problem is its a 30 minute drive from Disney. PM me if you would like details.

Thanks for the quick help but we're Disney people so that's another criteria really, close to the parks. Thanks anyway.

Thanks for the quick help but we're Disney people so that's another criteria really, close to the parks. Thanks anyway.

Us too. That's why we've never stayed there! Why don't you look at one of the small
Condos on WDW property but not Disney owned. Their name escapes me but a US lady I talk with a lot highly recommends them. You'd need a car. I believe the pools are great as is the space. I'll try and think what they are called.

Try bonnet creek. Its next to CBR. Looks lovely. Has great reviews. Hope u get sorted.

I've tried to look a that, is that the wyndham place?

It's a bit pricey from what I can see. I've found some Windsor Hills condos for £50 per night, just trying to find one with a splash pool as that would be perfect then.

What about one of the DownTownDisney (are they still called that?) hotels?

We've stayed in most of them over the years, before we "moved" across the lake to POFQ a few years ago.

One we've never stayed in is the DoubleTree suites (used to be Guest Quarters Suite Resort). That might give you a bit of extra space, but it is the furthest from DTD.

By the way, where did you get the Carribean Beach for £1250? That seems very cheap.

What about one of the DownTownDisney (are they still called that?) hotels?

We've stayed in most of them over the years, before we "moved" across the lake to POFQ a few years ago.

One we've never stayed in is the DoubleTree suites (used to be Guest Quarters Suite Resort). That might give you a bit of extra space, but it is the furthest from DTD.

By the way, where did you get the Carribean Beach for £1250? That seems very cheap.

It was hotels.com with a 10% voucher code. It's since gone up to 1800 so we did get a good deal. I've yet to cancel it as I've got until the 14th to get a full refund.

At this point in time (and anyone who read my "can't afford it anymore" thread will remember, we're prone to getting carried away and spending more and more without noticing. I already switched from Pop Century to Caribbean Beach as it was only £300 more for the 2 weeks.

If possible I want to get down to £600 for the fortnight, it's agressive considering I want separate bedrooms for the kids, washer/dryer and our own pool however small but it might just happen. £800 is definitely doable but £600 would be brill.

london75 said:
I've tried to look a that, is that the wyndham place?

It's a bit pricey from what I can see. I've found some Windsor Hills condos for £50 per night, just trying to find one with a splash pool as that would be perfect then.

It is yes. I think probably because its last min they charge a premium. Have you looked on the bonnet creek thread resorts? There is a guy who books and finds deals. Just a thought.

As with most things, it's balancing your preferences and budget. We have been going since the early 90s and we've tried most options, but for me, staying on-site at the Deluxe villas is definitely the best option overall.

You get the amenities of a villa (fridge, kitchen, space etc.) without it feeling like you're home from home. You get the perfect location without been cramped. For me it's the best, but not the cheapest option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter