• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney horror story forum

No matter where you vacation there will be problems. Yes we have had our share of problems,some where real bad but we still love Disney World and hope and pray to return every year. These where individual events that happened over the chorse of 6 trips in as many years. We learn from these trips and adjust for future trips! Disney is still the place where dreams come true!

I have a few things that has happened over the last few years. The smallest thing was; We arrived at Boma's on our first night early and asked if we could be fitted in early from when our reservation was. They said sure but it would be about 30 min. So I waited 20 min and asked if we only had 10 more min because both my husband and son had meds to take and they would need to eat. They said we where next on the list, so my husband went in the bathroom took his shot. Long story short, an hour later my son threw up all over the floor in the waiting area and my husband fainted due to sugar low.

Then one year my husband fell out of the tube at the crushin gushin. Dislocated his shoulder.

Next we went to the MVMCP about 2 years ago. Was at the park all day and it was three times more crowded during the "hard ticket" event than during regular hours. We missed the shows because we couldn't cut threw the crowd. Then when we where trying to find a spot for the parade, a lady in front of use about early 50's and my 8year old son at the time got pushed down stepped on and stomped by the crowd. My very large husband yelled at the crowd and grabbed my son up and helped the lady up with her family. No CM's around helped. We took both of them to the first aid and they had scraps and my son had a huge bruise on his hip. They put it down that they triped and not that they where stumped on by the missed handled crowd control. My husband got a firm warning that if he used that language( he told people to open there damn eyes and get the hell out of the way) again he would be asked to leave the property with no refund. If your child was getting stomped into the ground you might say something strongly too, to get people to move! So we payed over 60.00 a piece to get assulted and threatened! I wrote the compated email system and got no response ever! I will never go to the party again!

No matter where you vacation there will be problems. Yes we have had our share of problems,some where real bad but we still love Disney World and hope and pray to return every year. These where individual events that happened over the chorse of 6 trips in as many years. We learn from these trips and adjust for future trips! Disney is still the place where dreams come true!

Not for young children to read!

The third thing happened at the studios about three years ago. My son got sick after riding rock'n coaster for the first time. My husband took him to the mens room to get him cleaned off and use the bathroom. I was sitting on the wall, when about 10 min later my son comes running out holding his pants up (did not have time to button them) screaming and crying. Then about 30 sec. later I see two men holding my husband and two other men holding another man screaming call security. My husband was beyond angry and the men where saying,"Calm down he isn't worth it, we saw, we're with you, he is going to jail, your son is ok,look,look" My husband calmed down and came to me and held my son so tight I thought he was going to break him. Seems that the other man kept looking at my son's "area" while he was peeing, my husband told him to stop, then the guy said, "no, you can't make me" licked his lips and then said to my son "I would love to .... ". (to graphic)My son grabbed his pants and ran out and my husband was going to kill him. We where so blessed we did not send my son in by himself and that the guy did not touch him. Luckly the bathroom was very crowded and there was alot of angry father's who had my husband's back. Security handled the situation, and yes the guy was a reg. sex offender and was put in jail.
We have been back since but no matter how old we get we use companion bathrooms. Please read this and remember that where ever there is kids there is people wanting to hurt them too!

In 2007 my family visited WDW and on one night leaving EPCOT the bus driver got LOST! We were supposed to return to Pop Century, but we went everywhere but! Instead of "asking" for help via the two way radio, he just kept riding around! At one point we were in an almost empty parking lot, and it became slightly scary. Finally he turned around, got back on the Disney roads, when all of us on the bus saw another bus with the Pop Century banner on it. IN UNISON EVERYONE ON THE BUS SHOUTED FOLLOW THAT BUS!!!! Hows that for a story?:hippie:

~~~~Now my son at the time was pretty good about not doing anything stupid at buffets. But thi0 time he did some really weird things. Like for instance, he came back from the buffet with 3" tall pile of shaved watermelon rind! (Yummy i will add) I explained to him that he would never be able to eat that much, and instructed him to separate a little and let the waitress take the rest back. Each return from the buffet yielded weirder and weirder selections, often in huge quantities. .
You should have gone to the buffet the second time to supervise him. Taking stuff back is not allowed, and wasting it is a sin.
a castmember at star tours told my parents to go back home as they werent welcome! they didnt belong there

luckily it was all sorted, my parents were happy with an apology they were offered passes for the next day but they refused as they hold annual passesat
Should have immediately and quietly asked for a bunch of fast passes instead, which would have been much more useful. Complimentary admission passes tend to be of miniscule value unless you are visiting only for a day or two.
... Then when we where trying to find a spot for the parade, a lady in front of use about early 50's and my 8year old son at the time got pushed down stepped on and stomped by the crowd. My very large husband yelled at the crowd and grabbed my son up and helped the lady up with her family. No CM's around helped. We took both of them to the first aid and they had scraps and my son had a huge bruise on his hip. They put it down that they triped and not that they where stumped on by the missed handled crowd control. My husband got a firm warning that if he used that language( he told people to open there damn eyes and get the hell out of the way) again he would be asked to leave the property with no refund. ...! I wrote the compated email system and got no response ever! I will never go to the party again!
Write again, using snail mail. And yes, your husband does need to watch his language, both orally and in writing. Although (too late for anyone now) only one with a Ph.D. in English might have been able to interject it, it should have been put down they where stumped on but by the missed handled crowd control not put down (sic).

And, the larger you are, the less flamboyant the profanity you can get away with before you are considered threatening.

All my horror stories are dealing with Mears. I have many, one is that when DH and I flew down for our Disney wedding I was staying with my parents at the grand floridian he was staying with his parents at POP the first 2 nights before the wedding and mears would not let us get on the bus! Dh argued with the guy for 2 hours, my parents argued with him, and even the manager at the GF argued with him! Finally the manager at the GF said that he will send us a private car to drive us to his hotel, after this the mears manager said well I'll let them on the bus right now but I'm charging them 40$. So we got on the bus and the GF payed the 40$ for us. Mears was EXTREMELY rude saying "We don't let every free loader on our bus for free you know." Uhm, FREELOADER?!?! we are staying at Disney for 2 weeks at a Deluxe resort and getting married here in 2 days!!! Then when Dh said "I understand people don't get on for free but at some point common sense has to take over and let you know that we are not trying to scam anyone." to which the guy from mears responded "Yah, I could let you on the bus at any time but I'm not going to."

Another time on our way home using the "magical" express we had another not very disney encounter with the bus driver. He dropped off a foreign family of 5 at their stop and unloaded all their bags from under the bus. When they walked away without tipping he screamed at them "You know I take tips! Look at all of those bags!" They pretty much ran away from him. So he gets back on the bus and starts pulling away, out of nowhere he slams on the breaks and opens the door. He gets off the bus and screams the F word as loud as he can then steps back on and drives away!!! Dh and I were terrified of this lunatic. While he is driving you can hear him swearing under his breath, we were sitting about 5 seats behind him, as well as other families behind us. At our stop we didnt have any bags to unload and ran off as fast as we could and went straight to the desk to speak to someone. The manager was pretty shocked and said he would talk to him right away.

Not for young children to read!

The third thing happened at the studios about three years ago. My son got sick after riding rock'n coaster for the first time. My husband took him to the mens room to get him cleaned off and use the bathroom. I was sitting on the wall, when about 10 min later my son comes running out holding his pants up (did not have time to button them) screaming and crying. Then about 30 sec. later I see two men holding my husband and two other men holding another man screaming call security. My husband was beyond angry and the men where saying,"Calm down he isn't worth it, we saw, we're with you, he is going to jail, your son is ok,look,look" My husband calmed down and came to me and held my son so tight I thought he was going to break him. Seems that the other man kept looking at my son's "area" while he was peeing, my husband told him to stop, then the guy said, "no, you can't make me" licked his lips and then said to my son "I would love to .... ". (to graphic)My son grabbed his pants and ran out and my husband was going to kill him. We where so blessed we did not send my son in by himself and that the guy did not touch him. Luckly the bathroom was very crowded and there was alot of angry father's who had my husband's back. Security handled the situation, and yes the guy was a reg. sex offender and was put in jail.
We have been back since but no matter how old we get we use companion bathrooms. Please read this and remember that where ever there is kids there is people wanting to hurt them too!

OMG, that is HORRIBLE!! I am so sorry your son had to experience this. Very glad your DH was there and nothing further happened. Your post should be required reading for all those who think parents worry too much about sending their children into the bathroom alone. My son is 8 now, and he will go alone, but usually he goes with at least one friend or if totally alone, I'll stand outside and talk to him. Luckily, in Disney, my DH can go with him.

Just like everyone else, most of our experience were "Disney Quality" with the exception of when we went to Disney World in December of 2009 for my DD 6th birthday. Unfortunately we found out after booking that the Pop Warner Cheerleaders and Football players were going to be there. We stayed at ASM resort, where all of the Cheerleaders were. Some of them were really nice, and had great chaperones who made sure that they were well behaved and inside at curfew. However, there were quite a few who had 1-2 chaperones for squad of 25 girls. My daughter got knocked around in the pool by these girls, and then when I said something, the chaperone got mad at me. Mind you, there were 20 girls between the ages of 10-14, and my daughter was 5 at the time, and not the best swimmer. My children also learned a spectacular new vocabulary of 4 letter words that are not what we use at home, or Disney appropriate. (You can use your imagination) It was utter insanity on the busses also, when we tried to get back to the resort at the same time as these girls. Pushing, shoving, trampeling, cussing and intoxicated chaperones were the norm with this group there. I was actually told by some of the other (very involved) chaperones that they would never come down at the same time as most of the rest of that group. According to them, though, we were lucky to not have been there the year before when the girls actually did damage to the property along with all their other antics.

Well, my scariest experience at Disney was the time when I almost drowned in a hot tub at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Luckily, my dad saved me. And for that I'm eternally grateful.

Guess My story isn't nearly as bad as most. In May 2008 I got stuck on Spaceship Earth for about 30mins when the ride broke done. I was at top sitting backwards at a steap angle. I was right next to the emergancy exit but everytime I tried to get up and walk to the exit I got yelled out and told that the ride will start in a few mins but if it doesnt you are free to use the exit. Really either let me use exit or dont. Dont waste 30mins of my day if your telling me u didnt have to and safety wasn't the reason they had me sitting.

Well, my scariest experience at Disney was the time when I almost drowned in a hot tub at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Luckily, my dad saved me. And for that I'm eternally grateful.

What? Yikes! How? I almost drowned at River Country when I was eight and had to be saved by a lifeguard.

My friend had bad one..... While waiting for the Epcot fireworks show, their 5 year old daughter was very happy and excited. She was twirling around and around, laughing as she got dizzy. While doing a twirl, her foot got stuck in a crevice/crack, and well, her upper body was still spinning. She got a bad spiral fracture in her leg....... They went to ER of course, and left (earlier than planned), the next day.

Not a very horrible experience, but the absolutely worst example of line cutting I ever saw was at one of the water parks, where you wait your turn to pick up a tube from someone who is exiting at the bottom of the slide, then carry your tube up the steps to the top. There were a couple of teenage girls who at the bottom of the slide instead of giving up their tube to the next waiting person, just hopped out of the pool and ran up the stairs past the hundred or so waiting guests, yelling, "'Scuse me, my family's waiting for me up there,", over and over again and repeating this basically all day.

The lifeguards were acting like wimps. When they hopped out of the pool without giving up their tubes I heard one say, in a really tiny voice that you almost couldn't hear, "OK you should be giving that tube to the next person in line," and they ignored him and he just turned away, like, ah well, that's somebody else's problem.

Once I was about 2/3 of the way up the steps and this gal came flying by up the steps so fast she banged her tube right into the back of my head and sent my glasses flying through the air, landing under a bush nearby.

I would never do it, but I imagine if there hadn't been a rainstorm that shut down the park, sooner or later someone would've stuck out their foot and - oops! - sent one of them flying into a fence or a stone wall. pirate:

I guess this is a lesson for all cast members - better take steps to fix problems smoothly and firmly as SOON as you see them happening, rather than waiting for tempers to boil up and a fistfight to break out. Better to speak firmly and use your walkie-talkie to get security now, than to have to break up an ugly fight and get a subpoena and get roasted and humiliated in cross examination at a lawsuit or criminal trial. Nuff said!

That was several years ago. I did see it handled better a couple of years ago at Expedition Everest. A teenage girl was using the same trick, 'scuse me my family's waiting for me. The second time around one of the CMs at the loading area just said, "OK better stand right over there and wait for your family to come along, if they're looking for you we can't let you get on the ride." I guess she must've stood there for a couple of minutes and then slunk away out the chicken exit.

I have two stories - one Disney at fault and the other not but both occurred on the same trip.

One morning at our resort we were waiting for the bus to come and my son was the first in line. When he went to climb on to the bus a woman pushed him - literally pushed him - a grown woman pushing a 12 year old - to get on the bus first. I was horrified!!!

The second day we were at our resort we returned from the parks to find our housekeeper's dirty bloody band aid on our bathroom floor and when I called housekeeping to come get it the woman on the phone was really rude. Three days later when my son moved one of the footstools from in front of the window in the room to reach something from the shelf next to the sinks he found a pair of dirty underwear. This time I called right to the front desk supervisor that I spoke to a few days earlier after the whole band aid incident. She was very friendly and helpful in each case but it was still totally disgusting!

The second day we were at our resort we returned from the parks to find our housekeeper's dirty bloody band aid on our bathroom floor and when I called housekeeping to come get it the woman on the phone was really rude. !

I would not have been rude to you on the phone.... but really you wanted housekeeping to come and remove a bandaid?

So our worst trip was in December 2006. We had forgotten the parade was being taped and found ourselves on Main Street in total chaos. As DH wheeled the double stroller down the sidewalk, a cm shouted at him to move it along when he stopped to prevent hitting a child who had jumped infront of him. The CM was persistant that DH move his stroller out of the way when infront of us was at least 2 doubles stopped in the middle of the road.

Same time, same place. We had stopped in Liberty Square around 2pm to have an ice cream break before the afternoon parade. Both girls were eating their ice cream when a CM told us we had to move because we were in a handicap section. We quickly jumped up to move and in doing so I had knocked the ice cream out of DD4's hands who then dropped it onto her pants. I quickly grabbed napkins to clean her up. The same CM came over to us and said, "I told you to move your stroller out of this area because it's handicap and you are not." Can I just say I was very shocked at the rudeness of this CM?! I understand the holiday season is stressful, but we certainly were not planning on staying there, but a little understanding would have gone along way.

It's safe to say we will NEVER be back during the Christmas season.

I honestly do not think it matter when you visit or which park you are at when it is time for a parade the CM's trying to clear the way get very obnoxious and rude, they tell you to move when there is no place to move to least you plow over the person in front of you, this is one of our pet peeves

I would have removed the band aid myself except that it had fresh blood on it and that is just nasty

I would have removed the band aid myself except that it had fresh blood on it and that is just nasty

I gotta agree with you on that one, 100%. If you are paying so much for a resort, it's NOT too much to ask that the room be spotless. No bloody bandaids, no clumps of hair, no piles of dust.

Part of why we stopped staying at Disney resorts is because the cleanliness has gone WAY downhill. We were sick of paying several hundred-thousands of dollars for a vacation when the smaller hotels right outside Disney were so much cleaner (and cheaper!) Ick.

I posted this elsewhere - and it wasn't really a horror story for us - but somebody else could have added it to the list here if we hadn't caught it.

This summer we sent our 19 & 20 yr old sons down to Boardwalk a couple days before the rest of us arrived. We were staying at Beach Club and Sean & Ryne were joining us there. The day we were arriving they checked out of their room. They were there on DVC points and did not put a card or money down for charging. He went to the front desk and said they were checking out and gave his name. The CM commented that they were leaving early. Sean sent me a text msg asking if I knew they had them booked there longer. I sent a msg back that I did not, and that he should have the reservation confirmation letter to verify. A little while later he called and said they had dropped their bag off with bell services (until we could get there and got our rooms). I asked about his comment about being booked longer. He said don't worry about it they said the would charge the balance back to our account. :confused::confused: I told him there was nothing to charge back - that we didn't use a card so there was no money involved - and if you use DVC points - if you cancel the day of you lose them - they don't "charge them back". I told him to look at his paper work before he went anywhere (they were waiting for a bus). So he looks at the paper that they handed him - at first he just kind of skims it, then he must have noticed something because he kind of laughed and said - " shoot - they had a different Sean ****". He went back and straightened it out. But I can just imagine - Sean & Ryne's room would have been ok - they technically didn't need to "check out" since it was on points and they didn't need to deal with any room charges. But this other poor guy who shares my sons name would have had a card that should have worked for charging all day (since its good until midnight of your check-out day) and then come back to his room and not be able to get in because "the checked out early". And if they place was full and somebody took the room at the last minute??? Of course if that had happened they would have discovered their stuff still in the room. I told Sean to always give the room number when he is dealing with a hotel. We have a common last name, so it's just easier to use the one of a kind room number.

This is a story about being a chaperone for a high school band trip to participate in the Magic Music Days May 2005 (I think that's what is called - I've blocked out this particular trip :confused3)....

After a very long day of competition - kids are loaded on charter bus for ride back to hotel - a kid comes up from the back of the bus to where we are sitting to tell us he smells smoke - we go back to check it out and YES THERE IS SMOKE :eek: - we tell the bus driver to pull over - Pull Over - PULL OVER !!!!!! Smoke is now pouring out of the vents as we pull off the side of one of the Disney access roads.....

Every body got off the bus safely - all instruments were rescued from underneath - and it turned out that the engine was on fire - but didn't spread.

We stopped traffic while the fire department came - kids were upset - and we wound up taking one to the hospital for possible smoke inhalation (asthma):sad2:

Everybody was OK - and after everyone calmed down - the trip continued with a new bus for our ride back - The chaperones on the bus (there were 6 of us) were very thankful that no one was seriously injured - but it was a good story to tell - :scared1:

OKAY... We were in DW in 2004 for my wedding and My F-I-L was taken away by ambulance in the middle of night before the big day.
I was stressed because I felt bad "Pops" was in hospital and I wasn't there with him. Plus I was stressed that he wasn't going to make the wedding. (i know whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!)

It was a close call but I didn't sleep at all, and the someone was coming to do my hair and makeup at 4 am. I was exhausting. Pops made it to the wedding, let's just say he wasn't feeling at thing. He wound up passing a stone the size of a cherry. So i guess it's really Pop's horror story :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter