Disney Honeymoon!

crazybss

Earning My Ears
My new husband and I are leaving for our Disney World honeymoon on August 31. I've been to Disney four times and he has never been. I'm so excited to share this wonderful place with him. He's still unsure what he'll make of the place. I have a feeling that he is anticipating a kiddy park. I don't know a single person that has been to Disney and didn't like it. I know that it's so much fun for adults as well as children but, what can I do for my new husband so that he will be excited about our trip? Also, I've seen the cute bride and groom ears and I know a couple tends to get special treatment when wearing them. I was wondering where we can get the ears? Are there additional items like these for newleyweds? What kind of "special treatment" do newleyweds usually get? Also, what other romantic or honeymoon things are available to book, order, purchase, or wear? I was wondering about having a special basket delivered to our hotel room so that it's waiting for us when we arrive. I really want my husband to be completely impressed and have a breathtaking and magical honeymoon.

I don't know about "special treatment" -- I would feel hideously conspicuous wearing the bridal ears, but then I don't care for being looked at. I imagine you'd get lots of smiles and congratulations, if you're into that from total strangers.

I would try to tape some of the Disney travel shows from the Travel Channel -- they tend to highlight adults raving about the parks, and actually seeing some of the rides may help adjust his thinking. Maybe print out some of the restaurant menus and plan some grown up meals. Since the parks will be open fairly long in August, plan to relax in the afternoons, and go to Pleasure Island or Jellyrolls in the evening in addition to doing some of the parks at night.

I don't watch the travel channel much so I didn't even know there were special disney travel shows. Do you know when they usually air?:cutie:

You can purchase the ears at the big stores within the parks. You can also get a button at the guest service area as well as you hotel concierge desk that says "Just Married". This may bring extra attention but with everything at Disney there are no guarantees

Mary

DH and I went for our Honeymoon in May/June. We actually had a hard time finding gift shops that carried the ears - we finally found them at Mouse Gear at Epcot, so just a tip if you can't find them. We had both the ears and the buttons (although we didn't wear the ears the entire time - it was a compromise, because DH thought they were ridiculous) and I don't know that we got "special" treatment, per se (sigh....no getting bumped to the front of the line because we were special), but we did get congratulated over the PA system on the Backlot tour at MGM, the ferry at EPCOT, the safari at Animal Kingdom, and many, many other places. We also did get picked to be the "demonstrators" in the opening of the Backlot Tour (lets just say we got very, very wet).

So, the jist of it is that while we didn't really get any "special" treatment, the ears and the buttons do make you more "visible" to CMs when they're looking for a volunteer or something.

Congrats, and have fun!!

When we were married last year at the Wedding Pavilion and had our honeymoon in the "World" we wore our bride and groom mickey/minnie ears everywhere. We got so many congratulations and well wishes from so many other visitors, but especially from cast members. We were treated to special seating for some of the rides, for dinners, and we were also onthe Mickey float during Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at the Animal Kingdom. We were approached by a castmember who asked us if we were going to be in the Animal Kingdom later that afternoon. We said we weren't sure, but he told us that "Mickey" would love us to be on his float during the parade. That made us feel so special during our honeymoon. Of course the complimentary champagne we got at each restaurant was a huge plus as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter