Disney Honeymoon Budget...

HotRod131415

Earning My Ears
I am a new member to the boards. My fiance and I are going to Disney for our honeymoon. We've both been to the parks before. But have never stayed at a resort on property. We plan to stay either 3 or 4 nights.

I have done a lot of research about the resorts, but still can not decide what is really worth it. A few of our choices include (not in any order) The Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom, Beach and Yacht Club, The Dolphin, Grand Floridian.

We're hoping to keep our budget under $1500.00. Obviously if we stay 3 nights we can opt for a better room, but what is worth it? Any information will help alot!!!

Thanks Again
Holly

Any of those resorts are great. My favorite is the animal kingdom lodge. I love giraffes.
I also suggest staying the longest that you can. You will probably not be in your room that often if you are going to the park everyday. I personally think it is better to get a room that allows you to stay a day longer.

Most Definately do the Yatch Club!!! Now let me state why and see if I can convince you.
First location, with staying at the Yatch Club you can walk to Epcot in less than 2 min. You can also walk to MGM studios by the path way which literally takes minutes and is a beautiful walk.

Boardwalk is just across the way with some GREAT restraunts "Flying Fish Cafe" Spoodles, and the Atlantis Dance Hall" for night entertainment. The Yacht Club is also know for having a great restraunt as well, The Yachtman Steakhouse"
The pool at the Yatch Club is the best pool on Disney Property. It's like a little water park. Sand bottom pool with a miniture lazyman creek. Ahhh I hear it calling me!!
Night life for you and your new hubby is also a plus at the Yacht Club due to the fact that the night life over at the board walk is going on.
If you get a water view room you will be able to view the Illuminations fireworks right from your balcony everynight.
Just go over to the little convience store on the boardwalk and buy a bottle of wine sit on your balcony and sip on your wine while watching it every night. How magical is that.
Whatever your choice may be I know that you will have a magical time goes Disney does it all in STYLE!!!

NO I DONT WORK FOR DISNEY!!!!! I WISH I DID
:p :p :p

Wilderness Lodge - very pretty and atmospheric but a bit out of the way - some people have said Disney Transport from there is to be desired

Animal Kingdom Lodge - I loved it. So much to do here but not a lot of eating choices IMHO. Watching the animals is awesome I'd like to stay here again but spend more time at the hotel to really appreciate it. I found I was disappointed to have to keep going to the parks LOL

Grand Floridian - never stayed here it does look very grand BUT so far I haven't felt the urge to stay there.

Dolphin - yup a great 5 star hotel but they will have a lot of conventions there and whilst there are some good deals to be had here it doesn't have some of the Disney charm that the others have - but great location

Y&B - The Yacht is my favorite favorite - less children stay here than at the Beach IMO so it is a little more quieter than it's neighbour also the rooms have bigger balconies/patios than at the Beach. Like ellie said there is so much to do and you have the great location with the Disney essence - I love it and can't recommend it enough.

Hi Holly,

----unpaid commercial for Dis-Savers----------
I would call Disney Travel and find out which one has the best specials going, an packages too. You can book your vacation, then move it over to Dis Savers and get everything including the airfare (if you book through DTA) discounted. They charge a flat fee for every change you make to the reservation, but it does wind up saving a little to a lot. PM me if you want more details
-------------------------

As far as which hotel, Each has it's own unique style. The GF is themed in the spirit of a grand luxury hotel. WL is more rustic, but still has very nice rooms. If you go to AKL, get a savanah view...you can watch the animals. We like the Y&B because of it's proximity to Epcot. The Swan and Dolphin are not owned by Disney, and is not as well themed, but is a good less expensive alternative.

-----------------------

Another alternative is to rent DVC points and stay at one of the DVC resorts...

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter