Disney Holiday Firsts At Last! - Final Thoughts Finally!

wow, Epcot is really close to Pop. I was thinking you were going be late for your adr, but you make great time, even with pictures :thumbsup2

That's awesome how empty it was. So very pretty :goodvibes

It had hit reservation time as we hit Mexico so the scenery buzzed by as we transitioned into Norway. We came around the corner and were greeted by warm sunshine just cresting the castle and just the one family in front of us at check-in.

WDW-2012-00524.JPG

Akershus!
WDW-2012-00525.JPG

This was our familys first time dining here so despite the hustle and the early hour we were pretty jazzed to see what it was all about
WDW-2012-00526.JPG

A Royal Proclamation!
WDW-2012-00527.JPG

Malestrom was still asleep with the rest of World Showcase
WDW-2012-00528.JPG

Our names were called and we headed through the doors. The first thing we saw was a cool tapestry and a storybook with the classic Once upon a time
WDW-2012-00530.JPG

WDW-2012-00531.JPG

Around the corner was a very cool chest  I wonder what was inside?
WDW-2012-00532.JPG

Empty Akershus anyone?
WDW-2012-00533.JPG

Our photo princess was Belle. Does anyone know if this rotates or is she the official greeter of Akershus?

WDW-2012-00534.JPG

WDW-2012-00535.JPG

WDW-2012-00536.JPG

WDW-2012-00537.JPG

She was very nice but almost a little too on for that early in the morning  lol

We were seated in the tower room in the corner, which I liked. It stayed quieter than the main dining area as the place filled up. Our serving girl was nice but a little unfocused. I honestly think she may have had a big Saturday night and was paying the price now. She took our drink order and we went up and hit the buffet. The food was pretty good and I even tried some of the regional cuisine. It was interesting eating fish for breakfast.

Once we were seated and getting into our meal the princesses started making their rounds. We seated the girls on the outside with Roxy and I next to the windows so they could have easy interaction with the royals. All of the princesses were very nice to Bean but it became immediately apparent that this mornings interactions were going to be all about our PumpkinGirl.

Why was this you ask? Well if you have been following our merry tale youll remember that Kyra caught laryngitis from her cold and couldnt really speak at all. So when she had interactions with CMs or charaters she would show them the luggage tag we had converted into a note that she wore on her wrist that said Sorry, I lost my voice :-]

Our first princess was Aurora and upon reading the note she immediately got contemplative and remembered that her fellow princess Ariel had her voice stolen by the evil Ursula!
WDW-2012-00538.JPG

You can see how PumpkinGirl was beaming from the attention
WDW-2012-00539.JPG

They talked for a little bit more and then it was time for the pose
WDW-2012-00541.JPG

Our next princess was Snow White and we got the traditional oh my! from her and she too spoke about her friend Ariel and her dealings with Ursula!
WDW-2012-00542.JPG

She was very concerned that Ursula may be out making mischief again
WDW-2012-00543.JPG

She did take time to interact with Bean too
WDW-2012-00544.JPG

And photo time
WDW-2012-00545.JPG

Our last princess was &

& you guessed it &

&Ariel!!!

She looked at PumpkinGirls note
WDW-2012-00546.JPG

WDW-2012-00547.JPG

And was off to the races about Ursula and that it wasnt worth whatever she promised our girl
WDW-2012-00548.JPG

Again, PumpkinGirl was completely beaming from the attention
WDW-2012-00549.JPG

She talked for a bit longer and then they had their posed shot
WDW-2012-00550.JPG

Overall it was an amazing morning with plenty of Disney Princess magic. The food was very filling and the coffee was strong. We finished up and decided our next move. Since World Showcase itself wouldnt open for a while we had the long trek back to Future World. We decided to give our tickets to Roxy so she could motor down to Soarin and pick up FPs for us. Meanwhile the girls and I would make our way to The Seas to ride Finding Nemo.

Join us next time when we hit Seas, Land, Skies, and our own Imagination!

Click here for the next Chapter:
Day 3 Part 3 - Seas, Land, Skies, Our Own Imagination, and Lunch!

wow, Epcot is really close to Pop. I was thinking you were going be late for your adr, but you make great time, even with pictures :thumbsup2

That's awesome how empty it was. So very pretty :goodvibes

Yup, EPCOT and DHS are both pretty close and with no crowds or busy streets we made very good time. And I'm glad I took brief moments to take those pics at the front of the park since Bean and I never made it back that way for the rest of the trip!

Yes, it was so very cool having the park to ourselves even if there wasn't anything open :goodvibes

I apologize for my absence......but I am now totally caught up!! I had to take notes....... :rotfl:

Bummer you didn't get to enjoy the Super 8 pool longer in Medford. I know our kids loved it when we were staying there while looking for a place to live. Sorry the ladies were sickly. :worried:

So you have to ride a monorail to get from your gate to the terminal??? Loved your little monorail song!! :goodvibes

Bean did a great job taking pics!!! Really enjoyed the pictorial tour of Art of Animation too!! Have you seen CarsLand at Disneyland yet??? If you enjoyed AofA's version.....you'll LOVE DL's total land. You feel like you're in the movie!

Love the way you handled Pumpkin Girl's laryngitis. Clever use of a luggage tag!

Toy Story Mania's queing area is AWESOME!!! Nothing like DL's!

Cool collage of Indy and the spears.......I don't have those computer skills to do things like that......lol :worship:

The Indy show looks like a lot of fun to watch.

Looking at your PP on the streets of America.....it looks like Bean is almost as tall as Pumpkin Girl!!

:lovestruc Love the Monster's Inc picture spot!! I've seen Sully before but never Mike.....hope to see him if we get to go!

So the girl sitting behind Roxy on the RnR coaster looks terrified. It's the "I'm not making any sounds terrified........." :scared1:

I appreciate all the wonderful pictures from Tot......this is a ride I don't do!

Your pictures of the Osborne Family Lights are exquisite!!!! Very clear and colorful......like being there!!!

That's so neat that all the princesses went with the Ursula theme regarding Pumpkin Girl's laryngitis......cute and she seemed to enjoy the attention!! :laughing:

Looks like a good time at Breakfast..

What cool interaction Pumpkin Girl had with princesses. She looked very happy pixiedust:

I apologize for my absence......but I am now totally caught up!! I had to take notes....... :rotfl:

Bummer you didn't get to enjoy the Super 8 pool longer in Medford. I know our kids loved it when we were staying there while looking for a place to live. Sorry the ladies were sickly. :worried:

So you have to ride a monorail to get from your gate to the terminal??? Loved your little monorail song!! :goodvibes

Bean did a great job taking pics!!! Really enjoyed the pictorial tour of Art of Animation too!! Have you seen CarsLand at Disneyland yet??? If you enjoyed AofA's version.....you'll LOVE DL's total land. You feel like you're in the movie!

Love the way you handled Pumpkin Girl's laryngitis. Clever use of a luggage tag!

Toy Story Mania's queing area is AWESOME!!! Nothing like DL's!

Cool collage of Indy and the spears.......I don't have those computer skills to do things like that......lol :worship:

The Indy show looks like a lot of fun to watch.

Looking at your PP on the streets of America.....it looks like Bean is almost as tall as Pumpkin Girl!!

:lovestruc Love the Monster's Inc picture spot!! I've seen Sully before but never Mike.....hope to see him if we get to go!

So the girl sitting behind Roxy on the RnR coaster looks terrified. It's the "I'm not making any sounds terrified........." :scared1:

I appreciate all the wonderful pictures from Tot......this is a ride I don't do!

Your pictures of the Osborne Family Lights are exquisite!!!! Very clear and colorful......like being there!!!

That's so neat that all the princesses went with the Ursula theme regarding Pumpkin Girl's laryngitis......cute and she seemed to enjoy the attention!! :laughing:

No worries, I'm so far behind myself it is pathetic. I do the same thing when playing catch-up as far as the taking notes thing ;)

We may go back to the Super8 this summer for a swim party for one of the girls so they'll still get some good play time there. Sickies are never fun on a trip but we made the best of it.

Yes, that monorail trip is the first and last ride of any WDW vacation. Bean is my little photobug, she's great at it. And PumpkinGirl is taking photography in HS and is learning some cool stuff in photoshop!

We haven't been to CarsLand yet but I've heard all kinds of good things, did you get any pictures in it?

Thank you on the luggage tag idea. And yes, they put a LOT more into its queue then they did at CA. And its air conditioned for those hot days :thumbsup2

Thanks on the pic work on Indiana Jones, it is a really fun show. I loved being an extra in it back in 2011. And yes, Bean is just slightly shorter than PumpkinGirl now - a fact that PumpkinGirl isn't happy about.

Yup, Mike & Sully both at DHS, strange that DLR doesn't have both. I'll be posting more ride pics with wonderful expressions, both from us and others. And I must say ToT is better at DHS, both in the hotel theming and the ride itself. The elevator car actually travels thru the hotel before doing the big drops.

Osborne lights are just amazing, something you have to experience at least once. We so loved the processed at Akershus, it was really amazing that they all picked up on the same theme with her. Such a great memory.

I'll have more fun pics and stories to come sometime tomorrow!

Looks like a good time at Breakfast..

What cool interaction Pumpkin Girl had with princesses. She looked very happy pixiedust:

Yes, it was a great time with a priceless interaction :goodvibes

Hi! I'm subbing! I didn't know you had a TR - I usually go on the boards via my iPhone and don't see the links in everyones signatures. Well, I am sure it will be a day or two before I can read all this!

Yes we did get pics of CarsLand......it's amazing to see!!

Nice! i just peeked at your TR - 46 pages???? I'm soooo far behind :eek:

Hi! I'm subbing! I didn't know you had a TR - I usually go on the boards via my iPhone and don't see the links in everyones signatures. Well, I am sure it will be a day or two before I can read all this!

Hello and welcome! I know, the phone app is a bit limiting but it is a quick way to keep up on those you do sub to. Have fun!

All caught up. I'm sorry your family was sick on vacation - I know the feeling all to well, I even lost my voice on the first day. I love your picture heavy TR, touring with tiny ones we often don't get much done and things like the GMR and Indy are too much for them. Looking forward to more updates to get me through my Disney slump!

I'm really happy for Pumpkin Girl that she had such great interaction with the Princesses at Akershus... I really think that makes the whole thing... when you get good characters so it was great that they all rolled with her voice loss so well...:thumbsup2

I laughed when you said you thought Belle was almost too perky... Yeah I need at least a couple of cups of coffee before I can handle intense perkiness myself which is actually different from just an upbeat optimistic attitude which I generally appreciate regardless of my caffeine level...:thumbsup2

I'm with Bean on Stitch... I am a big fan...(he likes coffee too...:goodvibes) I know some people felt that there was too much Stitch a couple of years back... but I love him and am a whole fan of both of those movies... I love Lilo and her sister's relationships as well...

BTW... I forgot to mention how impressed I was that Roxy had the presence of mind to make a heart on ToT...

& now that my computer is "behaving" a bit better... I got an even better look at your Osbourne Lights photos... they are really very good...

All caught up. I'm sorry your family was sick on vacation - I know the feeling all to well, I even lost my voice on the first day. I love your picture heavy TR, touring with tiny ones we often don't get much done and things like the GMR and Indy are too much for them. Looking forward to more updates to get me through my Disney slump!

Well at least PumpkinGirl wasn't the only one to lose her voice on vacation - hope you recovered from your sickies quickly. Thank you for the kudos, glad to share the show/slow stuff with you and other partents trying to keep up with wee ones :goodvibes

I'm really happy for Pumpkin Girl that she had such great interaction with the Princesses at Akershus... I really think that makes the whole thing... when you get good characters so it was great that they all rolled with her voice loss so well...:thumbsup2

I laughed when you said you thought Belle was almost too perky... Yeah I need at least a couple of cups of coffee before I can handle intense perkiness myself which is actually different from just an upbeat optimistic attitude which I generally appreciate regardless of my caffeine level...:thumbsup2

I'm with Bean on Stitch... I am a big fan...(he likes coffee too...:goodvibes) I know some people felt that there was too much Stitch a couple of years back... but I love him and am a whole fan of both of those movies... I love Lilo and her sister's relationships as well...

BTW... I forgot to mention how impressed I was that Roxy had the presence of mind to make a heart on ToT...

& now that my computer is "behaving" a bit better... I got an even better look at your Osbourne Lights photos... they are really very good...

It was a great interaction for PumpkinGirl, made the start of everyone's day much brighter. Glad I'm not the only one who can't handle high-grade perky until after coffee is on board - lol.

Stitch is pretty cool, I'm glad that Bean has found a character she can really get behind. Their attitudes match up pretty well.

Yes, that was really cool that Roxy pulled off that heart, it was a very cool surprise to see pop up on the monitor :thumbsup2

Sorry to everyone for not posting any updates or not being up on other people's TRs. My work is still not coming down from the rush of the beginning of term and I've been doing some long days because of it. Yesterday I just completely veg'd and played video games and watched Hulu.

I'm going to see if I can get at least one update posted here before I go to bed! :laughing:

We headed out of Akershus and gave out tickets to Roxy to score Soarin FPs. She was on her scooter and off like a flash. By 9:30am we were walking past Pluto, who I had missed on the way in

WDW-2012-00551.JPG

Within 5 minutes we were rolling into the Seas and saying hi to some old friends

Mine?
WDW-2012-00553.JPG

WDW-2012-00554.JPG

There was no line so the queue was a blur. I still like the shadows of the fish making shapes on the walls. The girls jumped into a shell and I jumped into another. Cute little ride as usual. We headed outside and I took some pics of our other fishy friends while we waited for Roxy.

WDW-2012-00552.JPG

WDW-2012-00555.JPG

WDW-2012-00556.JPG

WDW-2012-00557.JPG

WDW-2012-00558.JPG

WDW-2012-00559.JPG

WDW-2012-00560.JPG

We then saw Roxy come out the exit and found that she had gone in looking for us and rode it herself. We all circled around and rode it a second time line wait was about a minute. We took a look at a couple of exhibits and then the girls said hello to Bruce

WDW-2012-00561.JPG

WDW-2012-00562.JPG

Couldnt see Bean very well the first time so we sent her back into the gaping maw!
WDW-2012-00563.JPG

We left there and after a quick pit stop headed in to visit Figment and those silly scientists who think they know about our senses. Quick note, the bathrooms on the right hand side of Figments building are never crowded and stay pretty clean ;-]

The Honored Recipients
WDW-2012-00564.JPG

WDW-2012-00565.JPG

WDW-2012-00566.JPG

WDW-2012-00567.JPG

The ride was cool but I in truth I want the science stuff to go away and to be taken on a tour by the Dreamfinder!

We tinkered around in the gift shop for a bit and then started off for The Land as our Soarin FPs were drawing close. On our way the ladies were fascinated by this bird. He was just hanging around and every once in a while would dart his head down and scoop up a lizard. The lump about half way down on the second shot was probably the 3rd one we saw him eat

WDW-2012-00568.JPG

WDW-2012-00569.JPG

Very cool mosaic/art piece at the entrance to The Land taken by Bean
WDW-2012-00570.JPG

She also took a pic of the balloons that I always overlook at PumpkinGirls suggestion they are such sharp girls.

WDW-2012-00571.JPG

By the time we got downstairs we had about 10 minutes until our FPs time would start so we did some pin trading with CMs to kill time. Soon we were in the ride queue and Bean caught me with a candid shot
WDW-2012-00572.JPG

It was fun as usual; the mountains and the flight over the Magic Kingdom are still my favorites. When we came out it was a bit after noon and we were hungry. We checked out Sunshine Seasons but Bean was tired and the ladies were sick so the cuisine there just didnt hit the mark for them. I asked them what they were up for and they just wanted standard stuff so off to the Electric Umbrella we went!

After a filling lunch of burgers, nuggets, and a meatball sub for me we were up and took the long haul all the way across the walkway to MouseGears! PumpkinGirl was looking for shiny stuff and Bean was tracking down every CM for their pin lanyards. We found out that they would be bringing out the pin board soon so we stuck around. I was actually looking around for the Indiana Jones hat I had missed out on at DHS. Roxy had snapped a pic of me wearing it at DHS, just pulled it from her phone.
WDW-2012-00572b.JPG

Despite all of the hat offerings in that place there were no Indy hats. At least the pin board was fruitful for Bean. Her, Roxy, and I all traded pins which were mostly for her lanyard. We caught up with PumpkinGirl and headed out the door that opens up on the plaza with a focus on getting back to World Showcase. Before we got back to our world tour we stopped off to watch a gospel group perform for a bit.

WDW-2012-00573.JPG

They were very good and very energetic. Then it was PhotoPass picture time again!

WDW-2012-00574.JPG

When we come back well finish up the PP pics and jump into the world and head south of the border!

Day 3 Part 4 - Mexico, Norway, and Mexico Again!

More PP pics of the fam

WDW-2012-00575.JPG

WDW-2012-00576.JPG

WDW-2012-00577.JPG

We headed down the causeway and Bean saw the stand for the Perry adventure and signed up. She decided on Norway so we headed left again. We came upon Mexico just as the Three Kings were telling their Christmas story

WDW-2012-00578.JPG

WDW-2012-00579.JPG

PumpkinGirl and Roxy stayed behind to hear the story while Bean got her mission to save Perry. They also saw Donald in his caballero outfit but the line was mega-long so they decided to take a pass on him since PumpkinGirl had her pic taken with him in 2008.

Meanwhile I followed Bean and tried to keep up while her phone ran her around the Norwegian world
WDW-2012-00580.JPG

WDW-2012-00582.JPG

When her clue took her close to the border between Mexico and Norway I gave Bean a heads-up that I was jumping over to the margarita booth no line! It was getting warm so the cool drink was nice. I snapped a quick pic of the mariachis while there
WDW-2012-00583.JPG

&and then went back to catch up with Bean. I got a bit worried that I lost her but then as I tried to call her I came around a corner and there she was. From the Perry quest one clue location that I noticed Bean didnt get but a couple of boys on a mission did was this tombstone, which lights up with cool fiber optics when the phone triggers it

WDW-2012-00584.JPG

Bean finished up and we got a text from Roxy that they were almost to the front of the line for Malestrom. I sat down to finish my cool refreshing beverage while Bean convinced the FP CM to let her get through and caught up with the ladies just as they were getting ready to board.

When they came out we decided to backtrack to Mexico to ride the Three Caballeros. First we have the obligatory shot of the market square

WDW-2012-00585.JPG

Bean then took the camera, fascinated by the animal carvings they were pretty amazing

WDW-2012-00586.JPG

WDW-2012-00587.JPG

WDW-2012-00588.JPG

WDW-2012-00589.JPG

WDW-2012-00590.JPG

I wrangled her in and we got in the line to see Donald go on his adventure with his two feathered friends. The line wasnt bad, 5 minutes tops. Bean still had possession of the camera and I told her to let it rip but that she needed a steady hand to shoot without the flash. As you will see she did another great job!

WDW-2012-00593.JPG

WDW-2012-00594.JPG

Nice balancing act Donald
WDW-2012-00596.JPG

WDW-2012-00597.JPG

WDW-2012-00598.JPG

Ouch!
WDW-2012-00600.JPG

WDW-2012-00601.JPG

WDW-2012-00602.JPG

I dont think I ever noticed the shrine to Donald before
WDW-2012-00603.JPG

WDW-2012-00604.JPG

Next up we hear a Christmas story that goes Boop! and watch some amazing acrobatics!

Day 3 Part 5 - Norwegians go Boop and the Chinese Show their Skills

Another batch of great pics!! The three caballeros ride has parts that remind me of Small World!

I really liked the photopass pic in front of the floral Mickey & Minnie where you're all sitting on the ground. Cool shots!!

Great photopass pics

Bean really has a good eye with her pics. Tell her great job. I am enjoying them :thumbsup2

Really like the peacock pic a lot

:goodvibes

Great update! I really like your photopass pic sitting/kneeling down. Can't wait to see more!

Another batch of great pics!! The three caballeros ride has parts that remind me of Small World!

I really liked the photopass pic in front of the floral Mickey & Minnie where you're all sitting on the ground. Cool shots!!

It is very like a very focused and smaller version of IASW with a cartoon twist.

That pic was a favorite of ours too.

Great photopass pics

Bean really has a good eye with her pics. Tell her great job. I am enjoying them :thumbsup2

Really like the peacock pic a lot

:goodvibes

I just let Bean know, thank you. The wood carvings/painting jobs were great for sure!

Great update! I really like your photopass pic sitting/kneeling down. Can't wait to see more!

Thank you! Getting an update together now :goodvibes

We filed out of The Three Caballeros and on out of Mexico. The ladies asked which way we should go so I pulled out the events pamphlet and saw that the Norwegian Christmas Story had just started up. We headed back that way and found a very fun and spirited production with a woman talking about the traditions without believing in the guy behind them (and her). He would freeze her with a boop! and mess with things and her until she finally saw him. It was a very fun performance.

WDW-2012-00605.JPG

WDW-2012-00606.JPG

WDW-2012-00607.JPG

WDW-2012-00608.JPG

WDW-2012-00609.JPG

WDW-2012-00610.JPG

While it was wrapping up I looked for more entertainment and found that the Chinese Acrobats were about to come out  yay for having stuff at each pavilion! We headed forward and low and behold, they were coming out just as we were coming up!

WDW-2012-00611.JPG

We literally fell in line behind them as they headed towards their performance area

WDW-2012-00612.JPG

They came in and immediately started with a flashy flag routine

WDW-2012-00613.JPG

WDW-2012-00614.JPG

WDW-2012-00615.JPG

WDW-2012-00616.JPG

Next was their first series of acrobatics!

WDW-2012-00617.JPG

WDW-2012-00618.JPG

WDW-2012-00619.JPG

PumpkinGirl recognized some of her old gymnastics moves

WDW-2012-00620.JPG

The girl in red on the bottom had some good strength and balance

WDW-2012-00621.JPG

WDW-2012-00622.JPG

The girl on top wasnt so bad either

WDW-2012-00623.JPG

Tada!

WDW-2012-00624.JPG

WDW-2012-00625.JPG

Next up was their juggler, he started with 3 ping pong balls on a table

WDW-2012-00626.JPG

I loved the way the rest of the troupe sat so proper and attentive, such artful poise

WDW-2012-00627.JPG

Now 4 balls

WDW-2012-00628.JPG

Now five!

WDW-2012-00629.JPG

Hes just getting warmed up folks! Ill be back with more of him and a guy with some bowls that knows how to steal the show!

Day 3 Part 6 - The Acrobat Show Continues!

Our juggle/bouncing performer had those balls flying!

WDW-2012-00630.JPG

WDW-2012-00631.JPG

WDW-2012-00632.JPG

WDW-2012-00633.JPG

He finished up to a good round of applause and the next performer came out. But he didnt want to be out there by himself so he invited a member of the audience to assist him

WDW-2012-00634.JPG

First they had to stretch

WDW-2012-00635.JPG

Jump!

WDW-2012-00636.JPG

This guy was quite a ham

WDW-2012-00637.JPG

Shake that booty!

WDW-2012-00638.JPG

His bit is to get on a table with a can and a board

WDW-2012-00639.JPG

His faithful assistant was standing by

WDW-2012-00640.JPG

Up he goes  nice trick aye?

WDW-2012-00641.JPG

But wait, hes not done! Here come the bowls

WDW-2012-00642.JPG

He balances one bowl on his head, then rolls back and forth and does a pop with the end of the board and up the bowl comes!

WDW-2012-00643.JPG

WDW-2012-00644.JPG

Hes got some great Chaplin-esque moves and expressions which keep us all laughing

WDW-2012-00645.JPG

He even broke the poise of some of his troupe with his antics

WDW-2012-00646.JPG

Now hes up to 4 bowls!

WDW-2012-00647.JPG

WDW-2012-00648.JPG

WDW-2012-00649.JPG

WDW-2012-00650.JPG

Now hes up to 6 bowls!!!

WDW-2012-00651.JPG

He stopped the act because we werent cheering/clapping enough for such an awesome feat - lol

WDW-2012-00652.JPG

Some rolling and a big flip and up they came!

WDW-2012-00653.JPG

Oh No! One came off the back!

WDW-2012-00654.JPG

Coming up he gets another chance, the acrobats finish up, and I play to the crowd in Italy!

Day 3 Part 7 - Chinese Acrobat Finale and Viva Italia!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter