Disney Hilton Head activity costs / rental rates

lvdis

love disney
I am trying to find out what the different activity costs and equipment rental rates are currently at the Disney Hilton Head resort. I haven't been able to find a list on the Internet, does anyone have a price sheet or information on how much the different activities and rentals are? I'm interested in the cost of bike rental and some of the water activities, but maybe other activities/rentals I'm not aware of yet. Thanks!

Currently:

- Bikes are $23 per day / $37 LOS for members; guests are $27 per day / $42 LOS.
- Kayak tour is $30 per adult, $20 per child 11 and under. 10% DVC discount Monday & Wednesday.
- Paddle boarding is $45 per person with 10% member discount all days.

We did the Kayak tour and highly recommend it. Excellent service provider. There's another kayak company that operates out of the Shelter Cover Marina. While we were preparing to go on our tour, one of their customers ran into trouble and rolled over. Very unimpressed with the response. Their tour group was huge and the guide never did show up to rescue his customer (one of our guides had to row out and rescue his competition's customer!)

As for bike rentals, we used a non-Disney outfit and paid nearly half of the DVC member rates. There are many bike rental services in the area. They'll drop-off-and pick-up at the Disney resort. Shop around and you'll save money there.

We did the kayak tours there as well and was impressed. We also really liked the private dolphin cruise we took from there. If memory serves me right I'm pretty sure it was the same folks that offered the kayaking or at least friends of each other - I remember them talking about each other and to each other.

Can any of you who have done any of the guided nature walks at the resort, tell me what you thought of the one you took and if you would recommend it for 2 adults. I'm very intrigued by them. Is there any cost associated with them? Oh, also the campfire s'mores and Goofy bingo. Thanks!

Beach Nature Walk: Learn about the beach environment while taking in its beauty. When the walk ends, you’ll be familiar with the various animals of the beach and the ocean.

Frequent Fliers: Use binoculars to identify the low country's rich avifauna and learn basic birding techniques.

Meet the Naturalist: What types of animals are on the island? Which are endangered and what can we do to help them? How much do you know about our native bottlenose dolphins and birds of prey? Join our naturalist for informal chats to learn the answers to these questions and anything else you’d like to know a little bit more about!

Resort Nature Walk: Take a stroll around Longview Island for insights into the Native American occupation, the flora and fauna of this remarkable Resort property, and some of the ways Disney tries to preserve the natural beauty of the island.

Secrets of the Marsh: Throw on some of our boots and venture out with the Resort naturalist into the secret world of the marsh, where you'll see a variety of crabs, oysters, mussels and birds.

Pinckney Island Wildlife Adventure: Join our naturalist for a trip to Pinckney Island, a beautiful national wildlife refuge, where you'll see a variety of birds and maybe a gator or two!

We've done the Pinckney Island tour. It was very interesting. After 20+ trips to the HH we had never ventured over the Pinckney so was new to us.

We did the Goofy Bingo...Personally wouldn't have done it as just adults, but the kiddos enjoyed it!

Campfire s'mores is high energy, designed for the elementary set. Two cast members lead the kids in various chants(songs?) They do the "momma shark, daddy shark etc" song and a number of other participation skits. Our seven year old grandson loved it, the four year old was ok with it. I think most older elementary kids would be bored with it.

I went to Goofy Bingo as as adult who wanted to see what it was about. Had to pre sign up for it. It was fun because the family I sat with was friendly. The prizes are candies, and one pin you can choose from a bag of pins.

I enjoy B'Lous presentations
more than the campfires but I do stay for a s'more!

I went to Goofy Bingo as as adult who wanted to see what it was about. Had to pre sign up for it. It was fun because the family I sat with was friendly. The prizes are candies, and one pin you can choose from a bag of pins.

I enjoy B'Lous presentations
more than the campfires but I do stay for a s'more!

Whew! Thanks so much for your review. I've always wanted to do Goofy Bingo, but as an adult without kids I felt a little awkward. Also, it's always been offered on our check-out day. Anyone find it ironic that bike rental for LOS is less than for 2 days?

My trip is almost here, as long as DHHIR opens in time! Currently it seems to be on track to open either this Thursday 10/20 or Friday 10/21.

I still haven't figured out who to rent bikes from. Do you typically arrange them ahead of time or wait until you get there? It seems to be cheaper to rent from someone other than Disney and have them deliver/pickup the bikes. If you have done this who did you use? Or does it make it easier to just rent from Disney? We are not DVC members if that makes a difference. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter