Disney Hilton any thoughts??

dannerchri

Earning My Ears
I canceled a room at Disney animal kingdom lodge to stay at the Hilton at Disney. We are going on a Disney cruise and are spending a ton for that, so in attempt to cut costs elsewhere I booked the Hilton using a timeshare deal. ( have to listen to the talk) to get the rate. Anyway, I am regretting canceling Disney AKL and I was wondering if anyone could share their experience at the Hilton at Disney to help me make my choice before it is too late to cancel.. Thanks so much!!

I really like the Hilton DTD. We had a great room over looking DTD and could see fireworks, convenient to DTD and the staff is very nice.

I have never done the timeshare talk though - I can't comment on that.

Liz

How would you compare DTD to the Waldorf Astoria? I have free Hilton points and I'm trying to determine which gives the most bang for free bucks.

I stayed at DTD Hilton for two nights during SWW. I would stay there again if the rates were good. I don't really have a loyalty to on or off site hotels; I will go with which is cheapest.

What I liked:
1. Very quiet. I couldn't hear the other guests during the times I was in the room and I slept like a baby. Never heard the door slamming and assorted guest noises like I do at a Disney value resort.
2. Ice cold, quiet air-conditioner
3. Very close to Crossroads (shopping/restaurant center). I walked there for meals in under 30 minutes.
4. Bed was comfortable and lots of pillows.
5. Walking distance to DTD (like under 5 minutes).

What I did not like:
1. Parking charge. I knew about it before making reservations, and I understand why, but it still rankled.
2. There were places to eat in the hotel, but it was a little pricey. Still, I guess you pay for convenience.
3. Neither of the two things above are deal breakers, just things to be aware of. Like I said, I would stay here again, especially if it was cheaper than other alternatives.

I did not use the pool or shuttle to the parks so I can't report on those.

We stay in DTD hilton the night before we check into our WDW resort and I really liked the Hilton. It was clean, I loved the pool there are actually two in one area and two hot tubs. There are aout 4 restaurants, a bar and two shops plus a few convention rooms and ballrooms.

rates can be very decent.. We normally book the stay and play which comes with 4 DQ tickets and you cant beat the price, DQ tickets alone are $41 a piece so we are basically getting either the room or the tickets for free by booking this package

I Loved the Hilton. Escpecially the lazy river. But the food prices can be VERY pricey even by Disney standards.

I Loved the Hilton. Escpecially the lazy river. But the food prices can be VERY pricey even by Disney standards.

Just to clarify, the Hilton Bonnet Creek has a lazy river. The Hilton on WDW property (Hilton in the Walt Disney World Resort, near Downtown Disney) does NOT have a lazy river.

I believe the Hilton on WDW property is the one being discussed here, though it does become confusing.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Just to clarify, the Hilton Bonnet Creek has a lazy river. The Hilton on WDW property (Hilton in the Walt Disney World Resort, near Downtown Disney) does NOT have a lazy river.

I believe the Hilton on WDW property is the one being discussed here, though it does become confusing.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I am glad you mentioned that. I did not remember a Lazy River at the Hilton DTD but the Hilton on International (Destination Pkwy) has an awesome one!

Liz

The Hilton DTD participates in EMH. That is one nice plus.

We stayed there once and we enjoyed the place. I like it the best of the DTD resorts and better than several of Disney's own onsite resorts.

We stayed there a few years ago for 1 night at the end of our 7 day vacation. It was really nice but very busy. We never got to the pool but it was great to have the shuttle, there is a market and we were even able to take advantage of the extra magic hour with our room key. I would stay there againa- my kids were 2 & 5 at the time.

The DTD Hilton is our "go to" spot. We've stayed there many times and plan to be back in October and December. The pools and hot tubs are great, the rooms are very clean, beds are really comfortable, and the staff has always been very attentive. The 24-hour marketplace is fantastic for a late night snack or to grab an early morning latte. There is a character breakfast buffet that is really good. The Italian restaurant is also pretty good. They even have a Disney store where you can buy official merchandise. And it's literally right across the street from DTD.

And being the only non-Disney hotel that gets to participate in EMH is a definite bonus.

There isnt a slide at Hilton DTD.. There are two big pools in a very nice pool area. lots of chairs and tables, two hot tubs, a towel kiosk and a pool side bar..

What are your dates? You can get the Hilton DTD through Last Minute Travel for $71 per night in August. They don't name the hotel but you can tell from the photos and description. I've booked with them before and they're great!

The hotel is no AKL for ambience and theming but it's a nice hotel - very comfy - I've done quick trips there. The EMH access is a great perk and we liked being able to stop at the market/snack bar late at night to grab breakfast items for the next morning (there's a dorm sized fridge in the room).

Haven't stayed at the other Hilton yet (Bonnet Creek) but it looks lovely!

What are your dates? You can get the Hilton DTD through Last Minute Travel for $71 per night in August. They don't name the hotel but you can tell from the photos and description. I've booked with them before and they're great!

We booked the Hilton DTD with Last Minute Travel for that rate for the first night of our stay 2 weeks from now. We have a timeshare week booked from Sunday to Sunday, but when I looked at airfare for Sunday, it was more than $400 higher on Sunday so we decided to fly in a day early.

We booked the Hilton DTD with Last Minute Travel for that rate for the first night of our stay 2 weeks from now. We have a timeshare week booked from Sunday to Sunday, but when I looked at airfare for Sunday, it was more than $400 higher on Sunday so we decided to fly in a day early.

Isn't it great when that happens ..... can't turn down a couple of extra days at Disney!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

We're staying at the DTD Hilton in Feb. How is the shuttle service to the parks? Do the busses come right to the hotel or do you have to go to DTD? Can you get the meal plan & tickets along with the hotel? Going with my husband on a work trip and have never stayed "offsite" so I'm a little nervous!

We're staying at the DTD Hilton in Feb. How is the shuttle service to the parks? Do the busses come right to the hotel or do you have to go to DTD? Can you get the meal plan & tickets along with the hotel? Going with my husband on a work trip and have never stayed "offsite" so I'm a little nervous!
The shuttle buses come every 30 minutes. You can walk across the street and take a Disney bus from Downtown Disney to any of the Disney resorts and transfer, but you can't go directly to a theme park. No meal plan if you stay at the Hilton.

We are looking at staying at Hilton DTD next time, seems to tick all the boxes. Transport was my big concern though but reading the shuttles run regularly puts my mind at ease :) Which is the best site to book for them (travel site or hotel's direct website)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter