• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Haunted Mansion!

Tigger113

DIS Veteran
Did you ever want to know where they got the ideas for the Haunted Mansion? Here they are!

stanton_hall2.jpg

Stanton Hall
Natchez, MS

hm0.jpg

The Haunted Mansion,
Disneyland, Anaheim, CA

packer2.jpg

The Harry Packer Mansion,
Jim Thorpe, PA

haunt2.JPG

The Haunted Mansion,
Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, FL

psychohouse.jpg

The Bates' House,
Universal Studios, CA

Pmanor.jpg

Phantom Manor,
Disneyland Paris, Marne la Vallée, France

DH & I stayed at The Harry Packer Mansion in Jim Thorpe, PA. It is a beautiful B&B. The owners were (not sure if it is the same owners now) FANTASTIC! A really lovely place.

They were very happy to talk about their house being used to model the Haunted Mansion in WDW.

But the B&B is not at all Disney related...No hidden Mickeys or anything. :rotfl2:

But a really quant little town, and the house has a lot of history.

Really really cool. Thank you for doing that for us!! We have the soundtrack on cd and we play it in the car all of the time. Our DD 2 and 1/2!! knows it word for word! You should hear her sweet little voice saying... "your cadavorous palor betrays and auro of forboding, almost as if you sense a disquieting metamorphosis!!" It's a blast!! My DH thinks we should tape her and send it to DW.

Thinktinknpixiedust said:
Really really cool. Thank you for doing that for us!! We have the soundtrack on cd and we play it in the car all of the time. Our DD 2 and 1/2!! knows it word for word! You should hear her sweet little voice saying... "your cadavorous palor betrays and auro of forboding, almost as if you sense a disquieting metamorphosis!!" It's a blast!! My DH thinks we should tape her and send it to DW.

just out of curiosity, where might one go about getting a cd like that...? :scratchin :hmghost:

Actually, back in the early 50s the original designs for Disneyland included a Second Empire Victorian haunted house. So the design for the Phantom Manor was not from the Bates House at all.

Thinktinknpixiedust said:
My DH thinks we should tape her and send it to DW.

Do it! Even if you don't send it, what a great thing for her to listen to 10, 20 years down the road! There is a rather infamous tape of me telling the three bears story that got lost in a move back in the early 80s and my mom is STILL sick about it.

Tigger113 said:
Did you ever want to know where they got the ideas for the Haunted Mansion? Here they are!

stanton_hall2.jpg

Stanton Hall
Natchez, MS

hm0.jpg

The Haunted Mansion,
Disneyland, Anaheim, CA

packer2.jpg

The Harry Packer Mansion,
Jim Thorpe, PA

haunt2.JPG

The Haunted Mansion,
Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, FL

psychohouse.jpg

The Bates' House,
Universal Studios, CA

Pmanor.jpg

Phantom Manor,
Disneyland Paris, Marne la Vallée, France
that is weird dont flame me for off topic but the bates house looks so much like the house the horror book coraline

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter