Disney has no record of our contract

Jfine

Mouseketeer
Our resale contract was sent to Disney mid September, after contract was closed. I called Disney this week to check on status and they say they have no record of it. The resale company and title company are looking into it. Has anyone had this happen? How long did it take to resolve? We have banked points that are going to expire in 2 months.

On our most recent contract we purchased they couldn't find it when we called them and since we were working with an unknown (new to us) timeshare company and title company we freaked out a bit. It ends up they had our name wrong and once we gave them sellers' names they were able to find it when we called back. Those were scary moments since we had paid for the contract already.

On our most recent contract we purchased they couldn't find it when we called them and since we were working with an unknown (new to us) timeshare company and title company we freaked out a bit. It ends up they had our name wrong and once we gave them sellers' names they were able to find it when we called back. Those were scary moments since we had paid for the contract already.
Thanks! I'm guessing it's a clerical issue. We've used the timeshare company before but not this title company. How long did it take them to resolve it so you could see/use the points?

Check the Orange County Comptroller website to see if your deed was recorded. You can also give the contract number from the ROFR waiver for Disney to look up your account. That's how they were able to look me up when I called.

Thanks! The deed is recorded so I feel better. I'll call in tomorrow and hopefully they can find it and fix it so I can try and use these points before they're gone!

I know availability is limited. I'm already a member.

So the bigger issue is that DVC said they sent the contract back to the title company and said to call the title company. I haven't heard from timeshare or title company since they "were looking into it" on Wednesday. Do I have any recourse if title company messed up? I realize I clearly haven't prepared for this. I'm really frustrated right now. The title company has had this information for awhile and hasn't been straightforward. I'm waiting to hear from the timeshare and title company on details, but just wanting some preliminary ideas.

ETA: the title company sent the wrong unit number. I don't know when DVC sent the contract back but title company is acting like they just got the email. Still frustrated but at least they should be able to resolve...who knows when though

Last edited:
If they put the wrong unit on the deed, you'll need a new deed and new closing most likely. You might see if the sellers can do something with the points for your benefit.

They're already banked points...part of the reason I picked this contract. :( According to Disney not a new closing, just a form to be filled out by the sellers. Then Disney will pick up where they left off. Could be a week or another 2-3 weeks after they receive the seller's form for me to be able to do anything with the points. I'm trying to find out why the title company hasn't reached the seller since Disney said they think this was sent back 2 weeks ago.

I also realized the OCC file has the wrong unit number too. Any ideas on legal issues with this? I'm guessing legally we don't own anything right now and are at the mercy of the sellers?

They're already banked points...part of the reason I picked this contract. :( According to Disney not a new closing, just a form to be filled out by the sellers. Then Disney will pick up where they left off. Could be a week or another 2-3 weeks after they receive the seller's form for me to be able to do anything with the points. I'm trying to find out why the title company hasn't reached the seller since Disney said they think this was sent back 2 weeks ago.
Is there some way you could use the points before this is finalized? Maybe a quick trip to a Disney or DVC resort, RCI exchange or Concierge Collection options if the points are currently qualified. Otherwise once it's done, ask DVCMS (talk to a supervisor if you need to) and ask them to bank them as a one time exception. The other issue is that even if they don't require a new deed, it could cause issues later if you decide to sell and the buyer wants title insurance or if you bought title insurance and have a problem related to the title.

Is there some way you could use the points before this is finalized? Maybe a quick trip to a Disney or DVC resort, RCI exchange or Concierge Collection options if the points are currently qualified. Otherwise once it's done, ask DVCMS (talk to a supervisor if you need to) and ask them to bank them as a one time exception. The other issue is that even if they don't require a new deed, it could cause issues later if you decide to sell and the buyer wants title insurance or if you bought title insurance and have a problem related to the title.
So as of late last night we have a new membership in my dvc account. It matches the one we just bought in location, uy, annual point allotment but no points for 2015-2018 and it looks like wrong contract information. And it says I can book a cruise with this contract, but I shouldn't be able because its resale right? I'm beginning to feel like this is just some huge cluster all around.
We do have a trip planned in the next couple weeks using points from an existing contract we already have. I imagine it would be difficult and near impossible to get dvc to let me use points from our new contract instead. Even if I could something else booked, wouldn't dvc hold off on transferring as there's a trip booked in the previous owner's names.
I do have title insurance (at least I was charged for it). So do I need a whole
new contract, deed, everything? The issue is a letter was capitalized and it shouldn't have been.

So as of late last night we have a new membership in my dvc account. It matches the one we just bought in location, uy, annual point allotment but no points for 2015-2018 and it looks like wrong contract information. And it says I can book a cruise with this contract, but I shouldn't be able because its resale right? I'm beginning to feel like this is just some huge cluster all around.
We do have a trip planned in the next couple weeks using points from an existing contract we already have. I imagine it would be difficult and near impossible to get dvc to let me use points from our new contract instead. Even if I could something else booked, wouldn't dvc hold off on transferring as there's a trip booked in the previous owner's names.
new contract, deed, everything? The issue is a letter was capitalized and it shouldn't have been.
If the wording is correct but a capital instead, that shouldn't cause issues with the deed or title insurance I wouldn't think though I fortunately don't have a lot of experience in that areas esp since I tend to think title insurance isn't reasonable for most DVC purchases anyway. It sounds like you'll be OK in a few days and be able to use the points going forward. I'm guessing DVC has set it up in anticipation of getting the info corrected and back and that things will happen pretty quickly when they do. Without knowing all of your parameters, it's a little difficult to know for certain what potential options you might have. I'm presuming from your wording this is a Dec UY for the resale but that your other contract is a different UY. To swap out the points there would have to be availability and it would put the freed up points in holding account mode (still possibly a benefit). You wouldn't be able to use the resale points for the other options now except possibly for BVTC or RCI and for RCI a short notice deposit gives you very little benefit. I think the first option is asking for Mercy from MS and see if they'll bank the points or give you some other option, what's reasonable or workable after that depends on the UY and number of banked points in question, UY of the other contract, specifics of your upcoming trip, timing of your next DVC trip and flexibility for non DVC trips over the next year or so.

It takes DVC a few days to load points into a resale contract after it shows up in your account online. Give it 24 to 48 hours for the points to show up.

So the points are now there (and match what was in our contract!) and the contract number looks to be right. Yay!
As for the title/deed, I'll try and get something in writing from the title company that it won't affect resale in the future. I don't know if it would actually have any legal hold. I'm also wondering if DVC decided this wasn't a big deal. as of late yesterday the title company was trying to resolve it, but they never notified me they sent the information to DVC. They said they would but I don't think they've straightforward with this issue, so who knows.
As for the swap, has anyone canceled a reservation and picked it up immediately? I don't know if it'd be worth the gamble. There's definitely not a lot left.

So the points are now there (and match what was in our contract!) and the contract number looks to be right. Yay!
As for the title/deed, I'll try and get something in writing from the title company that it won't affect resale in the future. I don't know if it would actually have any legal hold. I'm also wondering if DVC decided this wasn't a big deal. as of late yesterday the title company was trying to resolve it, but they never notified me they sent the information to DVC. They said they would but I don't think they've straightforward with this issue, so who knows.
As for the swap, has anyone canceled a reservation and picked it up immediately? I don't know if it'd be worth the gamble. There's definitely not a lot left.
I'm glad it's working out. Without knowing the other information I listed above it's difficult to make suggestions with any reasonableness. Dropping and trying to reserve again has a significant risk of losing the reservation. I've done it with DVC and other systems but I only do it when I can live with losing it.

Depending on when it's for you will likely not get all of it back. When I've cancelled I usually go right back to see what has happened and more often than not at least a day or two is gone - seems like the waitlist does grab dates at times now.

But if your trip is only a couple of weeks away your existing points will go into holding. Otherwise you could just have MS reallocate to use the banked points for the existing reservation.

Depending on when it's for you will likely not get all of it back. When I've cancelled I usually go right back to see what has happened and more often than not at least a day or two is gone - seems like the waitlist does grab dates at times now.

But if your trip is only a couple of weeks away your existing points will go into holding. Otherwise you could just have MS reallocate to use the banked points for the existing reservation.
Even points in holding might have more value and options than the banked points expiring depending on specifics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter