Disney Gurus predict 6/18

How do you predict 6/18 crowds?

• The crowds will be sipping butterbeer with Harry.

• The crowds will avoid Harry and the Mouse.

• The crowds at Disney parks will be bigger than normal.

• The crowds at Disney parks will be the same as last year.

• The crowds will be slightly less at Disney parks.

• The crowds will be noticeably smaller.

• Magic Kingdom guests will wonder where everyone has gone.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Poohchum

Earning My Ears
We will be at Magic Kingdom. I hope that everyone else will be off drinking butterbeer!

HI there! Nice to see someone from the CLT. Originally from Concord and now down in Naples, its nice to see some locals from home.

Anyways, i hate to tell you this.

Its going to be hot, and crowded. Fortunately and Unfortunately due to the summer nightastic and the classic MSEP coming back its pretty crowded, especially in the evening.

However, when i was there the other night, it was blazing hot, but the atmosphere is just unbeatable, espcially at night. You'll have a blast!

also, just as an example:

Sunday night, the parking lot at MK filled around 8:15 and we had to park in the grass at the race track.

However, I've been there on July 4 and even though the parking lot was just as full, its not NEARLY as bad.

However it is sure crowded, but sure is fun!

I think there will only be a little difference. In my mind, most of the people going to see the Harry Potter land on opening day are big fans of the movies/books and crazy (aka me, if I don't have to work). I don't think a lot of tourist just coming down for a regular vacation are going to bother with opening day.

But that's just my reasoning, it might not mean anything.:lmao:

Well we're landing on the 18th, and will be at AK. BUT, we'll be at Universal at some point during the week!

Thanks for your ideas!

Nefer- Your first day is our last.

Monk and Duck- Our travel dates overlap. Hopefully, the week will be an awesome time!

Civileng- We will in Concord. Can't you give a better prediction for a neighbor?;)

Well, keep predicting.... I'll gie a full report when I get back!

Thing is, we don't know if GP will be permitted in the masses on GO, noone knows yet, and if they aren't they may head over to the mouse instead :rotfl:

After being at Harry Potter, it won't hold a lot of people. They are going to be tired trying to enjoy the area and probably head to WDW.

We will be in MK on the 18th crowds or no crowds! We are not going to attempt HP until our next trip probably in 2012.

PS safetymom was it awesome? I am jealous!

The HP area is small and it was very crowded. I hate to see how crowded it is going to be when it opens to everyone. Forbidden Journey is very intense.

I think HP opening won't make a difference in Disney crowds. Universal and Disney cater to two different age groups.

Well we're landing on the 18th, and will be at AK. BUT, we'll be at Universal at some point during the week!

We are going to HP at some point that week, too. Haven't decided which day - I don't think one day will be better than another.

Jeanne

Yeah, I don't get why people think there will be some sort of huge exodous from WDW whe the WWHP gets up and going. Heck, I'm planning a weeklong trip to Disney just so I can spend one day at the WWHP. I'm sure Universal is a fine park, but if I want rides I can go to Cedar Point. When I want a magical place to stay, it's WDW.

I think that you might be misunderstanding the poll. I am just asking for predictions for opening day which is 6/18.

we'll be getting there that same day as well. i predict the crowds will be large and same as usual... and hot... but whatcanudo?

visiting hp on monday as well. good luck.

I think the crowds will be the same....because only the Die Hard US/IOA people would put up with opening crowds, WDW fans are smarter and will wait for a couple of days. :cool2: Not saying that waiting in line at WDW for up to an hour is smarter than FOTL at US/IOA :dance3: Maybe my DH is right, and they do brain-wash you through signals transmitted to your Mickey ears! :rotfl:

I love US/IOA, but I don't even think FOTL would be worth the crowds.

Poochum - aw that sucks, I can't even think about leaving WDW yet!

scrapcreator - you should join slipangle & me, I'll be going to Harry on the 21 & 22 :goodvibes I figure a Monday might be less busy...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter