Disney Guide Books

AndyFarleyHope

Earning My Ears
Like many other excited fans on the boards, my girlfriend and I spend a good deal of time searching the internet and posts to find more information on Disney. We have already purchased our tickets and made reservations for our trip in August, but were wondering what guides books everyone likes best (since there are so many out there to choose from)?

We love the Passporter! Not only is it full of great info and maps, but it also has pockets where you can organize day by day. It becomes a great keepsake for after your trip.

We also like the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, it is the ultimate source of information, it's huge! I usually read it cover to cover before we leave, LOTS of great tips.

Just our favorites, there are so many out there! Have fun!

I've been using the Unofficial Guide. I absolutely love it! Gives great information, touring plans, and descriptions of everything!

IMO - The best guide book is the Unofficial Guide. The author does a wonderful job of helping the reader understand Disney World and all its parts. I also have the Passporter, but IMO the Passporter is geared more toward someone who already knows a lot about the World.

I'll pile on with the UG...it's a great source. Tons of info and well written. Not a Disney "Rah, rah" book, either...if something about Disney isn't good, they'll say so.

We have the Passporter, the Unofficial Guide, both are very helpful.

Another one we have is Birnbaums Without Kids guide. Very helpful to find things that adults would like and aren't necessarily geared for kids.

Thanks guys for help! I was going to pick that one up but it looked a bit drab at first.. also any tips on MIKE's? We don't want to overplan our vacation and have booked everything so we don't know if that is a good sources for us?

AndyFarleyHope said:
Thanks guys for help! I was going to pick that one up but it looked a bit drab at first.. also any tips on MIKE's? We don't want to overplan our vacation and have booked everything so we don't know if that is a good sources for us?

Ha! Haaaaaa ha! (Wipes tears off cheeks) Don't want to overplan. Ah, we all try so hard. Welcome to the fold.

Trust me I know.. It's hard enough when you're on the dinning plan and have to make PS resavations. We are just enjoy reading everything and finding new tips and information.

I just got the Birnbaum official guide and the PAssporter from Amazon (they equal 3 cents more than the minimum for free shipping). The passporter is much more in depth and I like it better. But I'm a geek. My wife seems to like the Birnbaum book. It's put together more simply and has a more "reader freindly" layout, i guess.

Have a great time!!!!

What the Unofficial Guide lacks in pretty pictures and graphics, it more than makes up for in excellent content. I would never plan a WDW trip without getting the newest edition. Birnbaum's looks nice but is basically Disney propaganda (sorry--don't flame me for that); UG is really the best if you want the truth about the place. Plus, those UG touring plans really do work.

Just got my passporter in the mail this morning, not the best guide I have read, but I absolutely love the planning parts.

Disney on a Dime was good for little ways to save money. :cool1: I also liked Fommer's Disney World with Kids (they also have one for without kids). I am also jumping the bandwagon with the Unofficial Guide. It was unbiased truth, a must-read.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter