disney grand california sale start 1-25-09 for founding members

I just received our letter today. It suggests I call my Orlando guide -- not my CA guide. Hmmm ????

I just received our letter today. It suggests I call my Orlando guide -- not my CA guide. Hmmm ????
Our letter listed our Orlando guide too. I've called and left a message, but have not received a return call yet.

I heard from our guide today and it was the same story. A maximum of 160 points will be available for founding members. She did however say that there will be another letter coming (in approx. 2 weeks) with the points chart and price per point.

How hard do you think it is going to be to get a room at the 7 month mark? I would love to buy but really can't afford it right now (unless I could get rid of my add on at SSR I got long before the GCV announcement :headache: ). I've actually used more points at DL than I have had at WDW lately, I really wish I could buy into it.

I sure hope that the points don't jump to the $140-$150 range, and I'm sorry if I caused any heart attacks when I brought up that old rumor.

My next question is, what do you save by doing one 50 point contract instead of two 25 point contracts? Obviously, it would be easier to resell a 25 point contract if needed than it would be to sell a 50 point contract.

I sure hope that the points don't jump to the $140-$150 range, and I'm sorry if I caused any heart attacks when I brought up that old rumor.

My next question is, what do you save by doing one 50 point contract instead of two 25 point contracts? Obviously, it would be easier to resell a 25 point contract if needed than it would be to sell a 50 point contract.

You can finance a 50 point contract but can not finance a 25 point contract so it would have to be paid in cash.

I wish I could just trade in my SSR points for GCV. I think I high MF will keep from buying before a high price per point. Hopefully the charts are generous. I wonder if anybody will ever get at seven months. Lots to think about....:teacher:

How hard do you think it is going to be to get a room at the 7 month mark? I would love to buy but really can't afford it right now (unless I could get rid of my add on at SSR I got long before the GCV announcement :headache: ). I've actually used more points at DL than I have had at WDW lately, I really wish I could buy into it.

Based on the apparent # of members who come to DL regularly, the interest in the GCV, and the VERY limited # of units being built, my gut feeling is that it will be hard to reserve exactly what you want at the 7 month mark. But that is just my feeling.

Based on the apparent # of members who come to DL regularly, the interest in the GCV, and the VERY limited # of units being built, my gut feeling is that it will be hard to reserve exactly what you want at the 7 month mark. But that is just my feeling.

You can finance a 50 point contract but can not finance a 25 point contract so it would have to be paid in cash.

so..you cannot finance 3 25 point contracts but could finance one 75 point?

I'm going to be in California on buisiness the last week of January and visiting DL for a day or 2. I know I'm not supposed to be able to add on while I'm there because I didn't buy my contract at DL, but I wonder if they'll let me or if they'll say I have to wait til March?

I'm going to be in California on buisiness the last week of January and visiting DL for a day or 2. I know I'm not supposed to be able to add on while I'm there because I didn't buy my contract at DL, but I wonder if they'll let me or if they'll say I have to wait til March?

You'll have to wait.

On Monday my guide told me that it would be about ten days or so and they would have lots more information --can't wait!

We just returned from Disneyland last night. While we were there we went to see our guide and he told us pretty much the same thing that all of you have said....25 - 160 points, and that the price would most likely be around $112 per point. He also said that the annual dues would be lower that what we are paying for AKL, since the price per points will be higher. He said that he already has a waiting list, and he filled out a partial form with our names, how many points we want to purchase, and our credit card number. He said he would contact us on the 25th. He also said that many businesses in the LA area have called and are wanting to buy points when they become available to the public. He said one law firm wants to buy 2000!! Sounds like the points may sell out quickly!

There was a statement in my letter that has me worried. I live in NY and here is the statement:

"Please note that we cannot offer this Disney Vacation Club Resort for sale in the State of New York until an offering plan for this Resort is accepted for filing by the Department of Law of the State of New York. Therefore, you may not be able to purchase from home during this special sales window."

There was a statement in my letter that has me worried. I live in NY and here is the statement:

"Please note that we cannot offer this Disney Vacation Club Resort for sale in the State of New York until an offering plan for this Resort is accepted for for filing by the Department of Law of the State of New York. Therefore, you may not be able to purchase from home during this special salses window."

Can you fly out to CA and make your purchase?

I'm sure they'd let you add on at AKV or BLT. And maybe there are still founding memberships at GCV available and then you could add on there too.

Can you fly out to CA and make your purchase?

That is what I have to do for BLT. :sad2: DH and I are going to add a 50 point contract before Jan 15th. Oregon does not have the right to sell BLT yet. I can go to California or Florida. So I priced plane tickets and it was cheaper to go to Orlando. :rotfl:So we are doing a 3 night trip before the 15th deadline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter