Disney Golf?

MamaCoog

Mouseketeer
This may not be the right place for this post but I cant find any other info so Im not sure where it needs to be. My husband wants to play at least one round of golf during our next trip. All of the courses look excellent of course so we are having a hard time deciding where to play. Im just looking for some recommendations or other useful info about golfing at Disney. Also, how far in advanced should I/can I make a tee time?

The best place for this question is the ThemeParks, Attractions and Strategies board.. there are a few golfers there who will no doubt chime in.

I'm gonna move this over there for you.

Thanks,

K

Try this website http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/golf/course-rates/

I have played all the courses, my personal favorite is Osprey Ridge (Eagle Pines was not bad but it is gone). It plays away from resorts/main roads and I have always seen a variety of wildlife during play. Palm and Magnolia are best known since the PGA holds event there every year and are great courses, Lake Buena Vista just doesn't do it for me, pretty typical course playing in through any golf community. Oak Trail is great if you want to walk (can't at the others) and you can play 9 or double it up for 18. It is probably easisest to get reservation for and is challenging enough.
You can make ressies 90 days out if resort guest. Look for specials, last year we took advantage of one that let us play 2 courses for about $150.

My DH and DS play every visit and they like Palm and Magnolia the best. They think that Lake Buena Vista is just okay. Oak Trail is a great "warm up" course for them... (they are a 4 and 1 handicap ... DS is the 1..lol) You can make your reservations right on line. Also is you are a premium annual pass holder I believe you get Oak Trail for free.... the driving range is nice as are the putting greens. While my boys bring their own clubs DS says that the clubs they rent there are nice so your DH wouldn't have to worry about dragging along a set of clubs for one round....

My DH just played Magnolia when we were there last week. Magnolia has the mickey-head-shaped sandtrap. ;)

He said the course was nice. We booked the tee time online.

Tell him to watch out for the gators. I think every time I have played at Disney I have seen at least one gator out on the course.

If it is a one time thing, I would say play magnolia. The PGA events there always show the mickey bunker and every time he sees that on tv, he can say "hey I played that course" It adds something to watching a match on TV if you have personally played there and know the shots the pros are facing. All the courses are great and special in their own way, Osprey ridge is a little easier in my opinion, don't know his level of golf but will stick to my Magnolia choice.

Drew

I played Magnolia in December. It was a nice enough course, very well maintained. Nothing special, though. I've heard that some other courses in the area that are not Disney run are superior. My father raves about the Celebration Course, but I've never played there. Since my kids are young, I spend most of my time in the parks w/ them.

From talking to the two guys we played with, who played Disney courses pretty regularly, Magnolia and Palm play pretty easy during the winter. The rough was very short, and very manageable when I was there. In the summer/early autumn however, they start getting ready for the PGA event there, and the rough is absurd. According to them, if you don't hit the fairway, you don't find your ball. Don't know exactly how true this is, but it's something for your husband to consider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter