• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney golf

seadd67

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to find out If there still offering the two course discount.You pay one at full rate and the the second one at like 50.00 off or somthing like that. We are going to be there at the end of marh and planing on playing Magnolia and Lake Buena vista. Any one play these recently?,how UIs the courses.

Thanks OKW lover, thats exactly what I was looking for. I would never say playing golf at Disney Is a bagin,but at least If you are going to dish out the bucks Its a little easyer knowing you can play for half price the next time.:rotfl2. Up here(Seattle) I nickle and dime it and split hairs on wether to pay 30$ or 50$ and at WDW I am dishing out 100$+:sad2:. Thanks for the Info

Have a great time golfing at WDW. I've played 3 of the 4 courses. Osprey Ridge is a very scenic course and very difficult. The Palm & Magnolia courses (across from the Poly) are the two courses that host the PGA Tour event so its fun to play there and re-live it when watching the pro's on TV.

I have a question OKW lover,when me and my DS stay at POR and took the boat to DTD we pass a couple of tee boxs,what course Is that I assumed Its Lake Buena vista but I forgot abuot Osprey?. Ya thats why I like playing at Magnoila & Palms I have to play Magnoila this time,the last time It poured, so I have to give it another shot,we will not talk about my score that day:scared:

You're right, it is LBV. when you play the first couple holes, the buildings for DTD are clearly visible. It's kind of neat.

I've played all the courses several times. I love golfing at WDW. I always say that I'm there for the golf and the food. Is there other stuff too? :) A couple things to make sure of. First, make a tee time. They will book up. Second, make sure you mention the Two Round Golf Pass when you call for your tee time. Make sure you call because I don't think you get it if you do it online. Third, be ready to explain what the discount is to the CM on the phone. They're nice and helpful,, but they don't always know about the discounts.

My opinion on the courses. The old courses Palm/Mag/LBV were designed by Joe Lee. Mag and Palm are similar. Mag is long and difficult. If you hit the ball long and straight, you'll be ok. Anything else, you'll need some golf balls. I wish I liked playing Mag more. It's a PGA course. It's very well maintained. It's is one of the best courses in the country. I always have difficulty playing it. Usually we go in late winter, and I'm out of practice, so for me (about a 10 handicap) I get frustrated when I'm trying to break 100. I'm not a high stress golfer, but by the time I finish that one, i feel like I just rode Tower of Terror for 4 hours. I still encourage you to play it. It's a gorgous course with great wildlife all around you. Just try to enjoy it and not worry about your score. $100 is a bargin for this course with it's statue and level of service. Oh, and you can look at, but not play, the championship tees. They're silly.

Palm is shorter and therefore a little easier. It has a similar layout to the Mag, but it's a lot easier. I think it's a little more narrow, but the length helps. It's like Mag junior. The pros go to town on it. I liek it a lot. It does have a lot of water in play. I'll be playing this one in February.

LBV has changed over the years as resorts were built around it. I like it. It's supposed to be the easiest, but I have difficulty playing on courses that are close to houses. Water doesn't psych me out, but the thought of shanking one into someone's kitchen does. If you like "Disney" scenery you'll like it. You'll see DTD, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, and the Tree House Villas. It is the forgotten course, but it's not too challenging or long. I like it except for the houses.

Osprey Ridge is my favorite. It's a Tom Fazio design, and it shows. Tom's the guy they call when they need to upgrade the older courses for US Opens. He knows how to maintain the character of the surounding area while laying a golf course on top of it. This guy's the real deal. So is the course. Very dramatic views. Most importantly, it's very playable. Usually, the driving areas are generous. The course isn't too long. The greens are big. There is a lot of water in play, so if that gets in your head, bring a lot of balls.

Hope that helps. Really, don't fret about course choices. They're all good.

I really need to go without my kids once. Having fun with them ruins my golf game.:rotfl2:

Edit: I just realized you've already played the courses. Sorry to have gone on so long. At least I got in the stuff about the discounts.

wow thanks Gaiusrex, ya I actually loved Magnoila,I liked It better then the palms.I like tough courses(something wrong I know:rotfl: ) there Is just something about tough courses that gives me a challange.I carry a 15 to 18 Hc through the year so I am not going to worry about my scores to much:rotfl2: ,oh and I do carry a lot!! of golf balls,I just love the challange, even If I am hitting 100+.

I have not had the pleasure of playing LBV or Osbery.LBV sounds like the one that runs along the cannal that leads to POR,and that Is the one I did want to still play,but i have to always go back to Mag,I am blunent for punishment. Ussually you can not play the black tees,because they only drag them out for the pro's and the group I am pair(single golfer here) with are not even going to consider it. So I play with what I can.

Just got back from late late November early December trip. Played LBV, Magnolia, Palms and Osprey Ridge. All were in great condition with a lot of construction going on at Osprey Ridge on the new Four Seasons Resort starting up. If at all possible, play the Celebration Course. It is a mile or so behind the Gaylord Palms Resort. It is rated the #24 public course in the nation.

Osprey Ridge is my favorite. It's a Tom Fazio design, and it shows. Tom's the guy they call when they need to upgrade the older courses for US Opens. He knows how to maintain the character of the surounding area while laying a golf course on top of it.

Fazio is known for quite the opposite--massive amounts of earth movement/bulldozing to impose his "vision" without regard to the existing land contours and surroundings, creating elevation changes and water features where none exist naturally. It might look pretty, but it's far from natural.

My DS16 and hubby will be playing Mag in April (I've already made the tee times). My DS is sooooooo excited. Golf is pretty much his life right now. This is his 17th B-day gift. After the price for this round of golf AND the trip to DW, he won't be getting much else! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter