• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Golf Course - Pairing With A Stranger

alix1979

Mouseketeer
During our trip in November my husband is hoping to play a round of golf to experience the Disney courses. He plays regularly (weekly) but has only played for a few years.
From researching online, it seems Disney group solo golfers to make up fours.

Has anyone experienced this? He is concerned he may end up with golfers with dramatically different handicaps making play awkward. Is an effort made to pair up similar levels of play? Or purely those who wish to tee off at similar times?

Experiences would be great to hear. Thanks!

Its simply those who wish to tee off at similar times. Disney doesn't ask about handicaps when taking tee-times so they have no way of knowing what the other player's level of ability is.

However, those that have played at resort courses before should be well aware that they may be paired with players of different abilities and be willing to accept whoever they get. There are rangers on the course that will maintain the pace of play. In extreme cases they will have a 4-some skip a hole if they fall too far behind.

Has anyone experienced this? He is concerned he may end up with golfers with dramatically different handicaps making play awkward. Is an effort made to pair up similar levels of play? Or purely those who wish to tee off at similar times?

Like previous poster said, Disney (or any golf course) does not care about your handicap when you book a tee time. They will pair a single with a threesome or twosome or a bunch of singles.

The great thing about golf is that 4 players of vastly different abilities can play an enjoyable round together. I used to take a lot of golf vacations as a single and played to an 8 handicap. It was never "awkward" getting paired with guys who weren't very good. There are some golf snobs out there who won't want to be paired with a novice. But most golfers on a resort course are just there to have fun, and aren't that great themselves.

I have no idea what your husband's skill level is, but can give some basic tips on how to play with strangers who might be better than he is: Play fast, and don't be a jerk! Be ready to hit when it's your turn, keep an eye on where your ball goes, don't spend forever looking for your lost balls, help others look for their lost balls, don't swear/throw your clubs after a bad shot, compliment the others on their good shots, keep still when others are hitting, and don't step on anyone's line.

The only guaranteed, sure-fire way to make sure you play alone is to pay for all 4 spots at a tee time of your choosing.

Yes it's expensive but it's the only way, and it's not unheard of.

My FIL & I played on the nine hole course last year, I'm a beginner & he hadn't played for many years, as we were waiting to tee off on the first we were joined by someone playing on their own.
He was of a much higher standard than both of us & played the Disney courses regularly, but we still managed to play an enjoyable round with him.
One of the great things about golf is that you can be paired up with players of different standards it shouldn't affect your enjoyment of the round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter