• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney gives gay couples 'Fairy Tale Weddings'

I'm not a regular on this board, but I read the article and am very happy that everyone can now have their fairy-tale wedding. Good job, Disney!:banana:

I am also glad there are plenty of close-minded families like these out there:
And so Disney says goodbye to my families $4500 a year.

My family is going in Thanksgiving and it's going to be crowded. Weeding out the 'phobes' are going to mean shorter lines for us! :woohoo:

And says Hello To million's extra on Commitment Ceremonies! :cool1:

This is a great step and am very proud of Disney for finally doing the right thing, congratulations to all those with plans!:thumbsup2

So, where should i write to commend Disney on a great decision? I'm sure they'll get some not so nice letters but i'd like to say thanks for reaffirming my decision to vacation there. i'm a political junkie and have lately had a hard time with some of their politics but this makes me feel better, and i'd like to share that with them.
TIA!

OMG!!! I didn't think it was possible but I now love Disney even more!!!

I doubt that my partner and I will have a ceremony there but I'm looking forward to attending a few of our friends weddings.

This is great, wonderful, stupendous news! My partner and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary this summer and had hoped to go to WDW or DL for it, but a kitty medical emergency has depleted our budget for the time being. Guess I'll just have to win the lottery so we can have our ceremony!! Congrats to all the tribe planning their events; hope to be able to join you sometime soon!!

I don't know if this was mentioned, or asked before, but does this mean Disney does, or will do honeymoon planning for same sex couples? The last few years that we have gone to Gay Days,and F&G, we have seen many, many Massachusetts couples sporting Just Married in MA. Tee shirts. All were on their honeymoon at WDW.

:cool1: :jumping1:

How exciting! I read this on google news and almost cried!

To the other people saying they wont visit Disneyland anymore...

what would Disneyland be without us gays? For starters... no more awesome parades! :lmao:

~jon

i'm a political junkie and have lately had a hard time with some of their politics but this makes me feel better, and i'd like to share that with them.
Totally agree with you, taheenee. They do still employ Hannity and Limbaugh, and therefore court millions of listeners and welcome gajillions from advertisers who hate gays. But this decision is an important step and rectifies blatant discrimination that had left me wary of ever visiting again.

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!:cloud9:

I waassssss thinking getting married on a ship on the way to Provincetown and having the reception there in town. Put the whole wedding party up at one of the Inn's and spend the weekend.
:tinker:Ptown...a "magical" place, as well!

This decision is so momentous I went ahead and stuck it till at least the time when it becomes "hum-drum." :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I think it's necessary to keep this comment here only because it serves as a reminder that we're still not welcomed, open arms or not, by everyone when we're at WDW. Plus, I like to think folks like this WON'T be coming to Disney as a result. Shorter lines, easier to get ADR's, more fast passes. The list is endless.

I think it's necessary to keep this comment here only because it serves as a reminder that we're still not welcomed, open arms or not, by everyone when we're at WDW. Plus, I like to think folks like this WON'T be coming to Disney as a result. Shorter lines, easier to get ADR's, more fast passes. The list is endless.

::yes::

I'm literally crying tears of joy right now. I've wanted to get married in Disney since I knew you could. (we'll ignore the fact that I'm single). :wizard: :bride: :bride:

I am sure that Universal Studios Orlando will gladly take that money for you.

Just a reminder, as silly as it sounds, this is a commitment ceremony and not a wedding or marriage. Not to take all the air out of the balloon. It is a major step.

I am certainly glad that Disney has made this move. Now people just need to get the state of Florida to allow marriages.

There have been quite a few threads about this on the various boards and they have been overwhelmingly positive and supportive. Knowing that we have so many friends makes Disney's announcement even more special. I've only seen a couple negative comments and to them I say: Don't let the turnstile hit you on the way out!!

We're going to keep celebrating and having fun!

Hey Rick - need a bridesmaid??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter