• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Cards

traceyfitz

Looking forward to the DREAM - March 24th, 2013
Can I use Disney Gift Cards while on board? I'll be celebrating my 40th on the Dream, and thought this might be something to ask for...

You can have the gift cards applied to your onboard account. Everything is "cashless" and charged to your KTTW card. I have heard you can use gift cards directly in the gift shop, but otherwise they can be applied to your account and used for any onboard expenses.

Happy birthday and enjoy your cruise!

Instead of presents for Christmas, family gave us Disney gift cards. We went to guest services and had them applied to our on board account. It was a great way to keep our on board account down!

Nice family, I was tempted to make Disney Gift cards my only request this last Christmas.

It worked out great for us. Just might do it again next Christmas. Of course that means booking another cruise for February!

If you don't use all the money from the gift card, will they give you another gift card for the balance?

If you don't use all the money from the gift card, will they give you another gift card for the balance?

No. They credit one of the cards that you gave them. I kept mine til after the cruise. Unfortunately we went well over our gift cards. Too many drinks of the day Haha!

For anyone who buys them at Giant Eagle or associated stores... beginning Feb 28- March 13 you get DOUBLE gas credits for Disney Gift Cards!!!

Pillow- I'm message ya but search is currently down and I can't find ya!!!

Please tell me where you can buy Disney Gift Cards! I've never heard of them (we just use the Disney Chase Visa to get some reward points). They would be GREAT Christmas gifts for our three daughters!!

:cheer2:

At our local Safeway and Lowe's they have "Gift card Malls". It is a display with gift cards for just about anywhere and they do have Disney gift cards I've seen both predetermined prices and pick your own.

... And Target. There have been several threads about people using their Red Card and getting them at 5% off.

My travel agent informed me that we could use the Disney Gift Cards in the on-board shops and they can also be applied to your account. I buy a $25 Gift Card each week when I buy groceries at Publix. We don't sail until September so I'll have a nice stack before boarding! Lots of shopping for souveniers for family and friends without being in debt!! :)

Please tell me where you can buy Disney Gift Cards! I've never heard of them (we just use the Disney Chase Visa to get some reward points). They would be GREAT Christmas gifts for our three daughters!!

You can buy them online at the Disney store. You can put any amount from $25 up to $1500. There are even cards you can personalize with your pictures. They can be used to pay for cruises or resort stays too.

For anyone who buys them at Giant Eagle or associated stores... beginning Feb 28- March 13 you get DOUBLE gas credits for Disney Gift Cards!!!

Pillow- I'm message ya but search is currently down and I can't find ya!!!

Awesome! I'll be buying cards and saving gas money! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Cackyschmackers said:

Our local Walgreens and CVS also sell Disney Gift Cards

THANK YOU!! And why I don't already have a Target Red card is beyond me... I am embarrassed to think how much I could have already been saving!!!

Cackyschmackers said:
THANK YOU!! And why I don't already have a Target Red card is beyond me... I am embarrassed to think how much I could have already been saving!!!

I did the same thing...resisted for years. I think it's because I'm conditioned to say, "no thank you," when every store I go into offers me their credit card. I finally got the Red debit card once I realized how much I could save on Disney GC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter