Disney Gift Cards

msuhutton

Mouseketeer
Where in Disneyland can I purchase gift cards or would Disney Dollars be better to carry around the park. It's mainly for my DD5 so she can make her own purchases.

msuhutton said:
Where in Disneyland can I purchase gift cards or would Disney Dollars be better to carry around the park. It's mainly for my DD5 so she can make her own purchases.

The gift card would be easier to carry (by an adult), just bc of its size. They can be purchased in just about any Disney store at the resort. However, if you are going to let DD carry her money, I would recommend the Disney Dollars so you can give them to her in smaller increments. I lost Disney Dollars as a kid, would have sucked to lose the gift card with all my money.
When using the Disney Dollars, change is given in regular US currency. Disney Dollars can be purchased at select locations such as City Hall or World of Disney.

dizneekrazee said:
The gift card would be easier to carry (by an adult), just bc of its size. They can be purchased in just about any Disney store at the resort. However, if you are going to let DD carry her money, I would recommend the Disney Dollars so you can give them to her in smaller increments. I lost Disney Dollars as a kid, would have sucked to lose the gift card with all my money.
When using the Disney Dollars, change is given in regular US currency. Disney Dollars can be purchased at select locations such as City Hall or World of Disney.

Thanks!!

Wow... just came on the Dis to find out this very answer. I was hoping to find out whether I can purchase a Disney gift card somewhere at the Grand Californian, maybe at the front desk? Need a gift for my DSIL who will be showing up later that night.

aymekae said:
Wow... just came on the Dis to find out this very answer. I was hoping to find out whether I can purchase a Disney gift card somewhere at the Grand Californian, maybe at the front desk? Need a gift for my DSIL who will be showing up later that night.

Not sure about the front desk, but I'm sure you could in their gift shop. If you have a Disney Store near you, they sell them as well. As does places like Target ($25 or $50 pre determined cards). TDS you can put any value from $5-1000.

You dont need to wait to be in Disneyland to buy these cards....
Our local Safeway, Target and QFC all sell Disneyland gift cards . some are preloaded and others you can load an amount onto as you go through the register... :)

If you use your RedCard at Target you get 5% off Disney Gift Cards. I know that's not a huge savings, but better than you'll get if you buy them at Disney. ;)

Thanks! I know you can in a grocery store, but I just went and rarely go, so I figured that was out of the question. It might be worth going to Target, though, because I do have the Red Card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter