• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Cards to pay for resort?

craftymom7

Earning My Ears
If I start stocking up now, can I use Disney gift cards to pay for a resort? If so, is there a limit on how many gift cards I can use?

If I start stocking up now, can I use Disney gift cards to pay for a resort? If so, is there a limit on how many gift cards I can use?

We bought gift cards every week before final amount was due...at giant eagle grocery store which gave us 10 cents off gallon of gas for every $50 spent. We would call Disney and give them card # and they would take it off total. We got a lit of free gas...doing the same thing this time.

craftymom7 said:

I don't think so. I bought a ton through at Target and have had them all applied so far with no issues. I plan on doing a couple more before we go in 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I pay for my resort with gift cards frequently. I typically buy them at Target and use my Target Visa to get the 5% discount. Then I will call to apply them to our balance before our trip. Sometimes I will bring them and have the resort apply them at check in or during our trip.

Make sure you keep the gift cards if you apply them before your trip starts. Should you need to cancel, the refund will go back on the card.

you absolutely can pay with giftcards...we have the past 2 trips.If you shop at Target and use the redcard you can get 5% off the giftcards making the $50=47.50.I buy one every pay period and we just stock up and use them during our trips for hotel,gifts,food, and of course Dole Whips!:)

We payed off our room last year with gift cards. We did it over the phone and had a slew of them, no problems at all doing it.

We bought them at Target as well, but could only find the $50 ones. Called last week to pay it off with 17 of them! I started off using the automated system, but when I tried to add the third one, it kicked me over to a rep. I warned her we were gonna be there a while, but she thought it was funny. Took a little while, but it worked just fine. (And saved 5%)

If you need to cancel your trip you will be stuck with disney gift cards instead if real money. That is quite risky

It depends on how many gift cards you have and what your package includes, but you could also use them for food.

We were given some gift cards for Christmas this year (people knew we were going in January). We were on the quick service dining plan as part of the Stay, Play, and Dine promotion. DH likes to eat breakfast (I'm not a breakfast eater). We used the gift cards to get lunch at one of our favorites (Biergarten) and then DH had 2 extra credits he could use for breakfasts. He also got a beer at the UK pub with the gift card and we bought some souvenirs.

There are so many ways you can use Disney gift cards...it's great!

The person behind me at target was surprised you can do this. Yep. Save 50 on every thousand. That's something;-) if I had to cancel I would still rebook, not worried.

Yes we do this with SCRIP through my son's school. Every little bit helps with tuition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter