Disney Gift Cards in Canada / Atlantic Provinces

ilovetotravel1977

DIS Veteran
Are there any Canadian websites that sell Disney Gift Cards?

Even better, any Atlantic Provinces have a Disney Store still?

Edit: If I were to buy gift cards at the Toronto store, how will I know the value of the cards when at Disney? Do they automatically change to the current US exchange rate, even though I bought them in CDN funds?

Last edited:
I called Disney recently to ask this same question. I was told that any Disney gift cards purchased in Canada will NOT work at any of the U.S. Disney properties at all (including Resorts, stores, parks etc). There is no way to convert, exchange or transfer the balances to a U.S. based gift card either.

The Disney Store online ( www.disneystore.com) will NOT ship gift cards to Canada.

But what you CAN do, (according to the Disney Mom's panel and the person on the other end of the Disney 1-8xx number, is buy gift cards from www.disneyworld.ca and have them shipped to you (Shipping isn't cheap. I seem to recall its a minimum flat shipping rate of $25 regardless of how many cards and or items you have)

The other option is to wait until you get to Disney, and buy the cards there.

I hope that helps!

Last edited:
Hmm, they sure don't make it easy for their Northern Neighbour! lol

Oh well, no biggie. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any kind of loophole / deal :P

Well I've seen plenty of people post that (if they live close to the border) they've crossed over and done Target, Meijer , Walmart runs and have gotten Disney gift card deals that way.

In my case its just easier to wait until I get there. I was told that you can even get gift cards at MCO airport, as well as all the on site resorts and gift shops.

The one that made me laugh, was someone replied "once you get to Orlando, you can't even fart without hitting a gift card vendor". So I'm assuming they're easy to come by :)

Not sure where you live but I live in Saint John, NB. We often buy our Disney gcs in Orlando. But we are only an hour from the border so we go to Walmart in Calais or Walmart, Target or Walgreens in Bangor and purchase them there.

Just so you know, don't ever buy an Apple card in the U.S. if your account is in Canada. We were burned on that one last time we were in Orlando. It seems gift cards can only be used in their country of purchase, because of the currency.

Just so you know, don't ever buy an Apple card in the U.S. if your account is in Canada. We were burned on that one last time we were in Orlando. It seems gift cards can only be used in their country of purchase, because of the currency.

When I went to Vegas 8 years ago, I had traded air miles for Banana Republic gift cards to use at the outlet store. I had no problem using the Cdn gift cards there, and they took them at their face value :) Thems was the dayz...*sigh*

I used credit card points to purchase Disney gift cards in 2014 and we had no problem using them at Disneyland. ( I assume they were CAD, since it was a Canadian card at a Canadian bank). I had planned to do the same thing for an upcoming trip... but perhaps I shouldn't!

I just called about this now as my mom wants to buy a GC as a wedding gift. I was told by the store at the Eaton Centre that gift cards purchased from a Canadian Disney store can only be used in Canada. The same with the US. Disney GCs purchased in the US can only be used in the US.

My understanding it that Disney.com will not ship GC to Canada.

ok thanks for the info! Makes sense, I guess. It's not like I'm remotely close to a Disney Store, but I have friends that live in Saint John who go to Calais a lot so I would have utilized them for my purchases :)

ok thanks for the info! Makes sense, I guess. It's not like I'm remotely close to a Disney Store, but I have friends that live in Saint John who go to Calais a lot so I would have utilized them for my purchases :)

I live in Saint John and Walmart in Calais sells Disney cards that work in Disney World. I buy them there all the time :)

I cashed in a bunch of rewrd points on a credit card for disney gift cads. These cards say on the back that they can be used at disneyworld/land /cruise/disney stores in u.s.a. I called the gift card line and was told they were fine to use at WDW. Maybe there are different kinds of gift cards out there?

Find out if your friends in Saint John have a shipping address in Calais. If they do you could buy customized Disney Gift cards from the Disney store and have them shipped free to Calais. Then when they head across the boarder the next time they could pick them up for you. That's what we do. It's nice to give the boys a gift card with their favourite characters on them.

That is just too sad, was going in Toronto late July and was planning on buying Disney's Gift card to use it for our meal in the parks for our Christmas visit...
This is very sad.....:guilty:

I cashed in a bunch of rewrd points on a credit card for disney gift cads. These cards say on the back that they can be used at disneyworld/land /cruise/disney stores in u.s.a. I called the gift card line and was told they were fine to use at WDW. Maybe there are different kinds of gift cards out there?
I've done this the last few trips. I wanted to give the kids each a gift card with $100 on it for each so I bought the gift card which were $5 from Disney movie rewards using my points. Once we got to the hotel I went to the gift shop and has them load them for me. As far as I am aware this is the only way to get them to send you a US Disney gift card. Gift cards in Canadian funds will not work in the US.

That is just too sad, was going in Toronto late July and was planning on buying Disney's Gift card to use it for our meal in the parks for our Christmas visit...
This is very sad.....:guilty:

Would you be able to save up the cash and then purchase the gift cards once you arrive at WDW? You wouldn't have them early but would have cards to use for meals if that is your preferred way of purchasing meals.

Yes I would be able to do that, but you know having things paid for little by little is easier on my husband's mind!!!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter