disney gift card

I just got one with $25.00 on it...I asked the girl at the disney store where it can be used and she said to call and ask...

Anyone have any info on this?

I believe Disney $$$ are excepted everywhere.

There is no "official" list of where the DGC can be used in the parks.

I dont know about the Disney gift "card" ...but...a Disney "gift certificate" has an expiration date on it !!

Was just there last week, I found this strange, at downtown disney - Arribas Brothers {the crystal shop} would accept my disney dollars but NOT my Disney gift cards.

I was a little annoyed because I was given disney dollars and gift cards for my last birthday and was holding them for a special gift. I was able to use the gift cards other places but it was toward the end of my trip and most of my spending was done and I had to use them up right away, I didn't want to bring them home again.

I am not sure what their reasons were, I would have thought that disney dollars and gift cards should be inter changeable as long as they have the 'credit card machine's' to read the cards. Arribas does accept credit cards.

MaryPA said:
Was just there last week, I found this strange, at downtown disney - Arribas Brothers {the crystal shop} would accept my disney dollars but NOT my Disney gift cards.

I was a little annoyed because I was given disney dollars and gift cards for my last birthday and was holding them for a special gift. I was able to use the gift cards other places but it was toward the end of my trip and most of my spending was done and I had to use them up right away, I didn't want to bring them home again.

I am not sure what their reasons were, I would have thought that disney dollars and gift cards should be inter changeable as long as they have the 'credit card machine's' to read the cards. Arribas does accept credit cards.

This is primarily because Arribas Brothers is its own entity, sort of like how some DTD restaurants won't take Dining Plan. I believe that Disney trades in their Disney Dollars but wouldn't be able to do so with the cards.

senecabeach said:
I dont know about the Disney gift "card" ...but...a Disney "gift certificate" has an expiration date on it !!

Disney Gift Cards do not expire or depreciate in value. Disney Store no longer sells Disney Gift Certificates, only cards and dollars.

The website for the cards is www.disneygiftcard.com, click on Shop, Dine and Play

Keep in mind that any gift cards from The Disney Store can't be used on merch in the Disney parks because The Disney Store is no longer owned by Disney, but a seperate corporation.

Don't know if that's what you were asking about, but good info to have regardless.

resol37 said:
Keep in mind that any gift cards from The Disney Store can't be used on merch in the Disney parks because The Disney Store is no longer owned by Disney, but a seperate corporation.

Don't know if that's what you were asking about, but good info to have regardless.

This is incorrect in a way, in May we went to Universal Gift Cards, they all have Mickey on them and you can see the design at www.disneygiftcard.com. Prior to this, and even under Disney, we sold Store only gift cards that were never able to be used at the theme parks, under Disney ownership and TCP. These cards either are red with Mickey, pink with Cindy or Sleeping Beauty, Classic Pooh, Toy Story or Happy Birthday and are no longer sold at Disney Store. All current gift cards are universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter