Disney Gift Card Question

NJ Cruisers

DIS Veteran
Has anyone purchased Disney gift cards at store in the parks or at their resort? Did you use your magic band to make the purchase?

I'm giving food money to 2 teenage boys using gift cards. I was going to get a bunch of them but maybe an easier and safer way is to just get one pr twp and fill them up when needed. The FAQ says you can reload them wherever gift cards are sold.

Has anyone purchased Disney gift cards at store in the parks or at their resort? Did you use your magic band to make the purchase?

I'm giving food money to 2 teenage boys using gift cards. I was going to get a bunch of them but maybe an easier and safer way is to just get one pr twp and fill them up when needed. The FAQ says you can reload them wherever gift cards are sold.
You can't purchase gift cards by charging to your MB because the room account balance isn't processed for a few days. You'll need to charge the purchase to a credit card or use cash.

You can register the gift cards at Disneygiftcard.com and if one is lost, you'll have the record of the balance.

You can consolidate the balance of multiple gift cards on this site.

Yea when staying on site and using the magic band to pay, the charges go to your room and are processed to the card on file.

So you (or the teens) can either go down to the front desk whenever you'd like and pay off the balance then with the gift card(s), or the easier option would be just have the gift card on them and pay with the gift card and not the magic band

If you purchase the cards ahead of time, through someplace like Sam's Club, BJ's or Target, you can usually get a discount on them to save a bit of money. We used $500 gift cards (several of them) to pay for our food and souvenirs this past summer, and saved nearly $25 on each card by purchasing them from Sam's Club.

If you purchase the cards ahead of time, through someplace like Sam's Club, BJ's or Target, you can usually get a discount on them to save a bit of money. We used $500 gift cards (several of them) to pay for our food and souvenirs this past summer, and saved nearly $25 on each card by purchasing them from Sam's Club.

And even pay for a Disney trip with them. You can save a couple hundred bucks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter