disney gift card app

Kat913

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but 2 years ago on our Disney trip I used an app on my iPhone to track our Disney gift cards. Got the idea from a poster on these boards. It was a great app and really helpful. We are leaving in a week and a half and I would really like to use the app again, but can't find it on my iPhone 6. Does anyone know if this app still exists and how I can find it? Thanks fellow disers. :lovestruc

Hmm I have never used or heard of that app. But there is a website now where you can merge multiple disney giftcards onto one card, up to $1,000. I used it for last years trip and it was great having just one card. I have been buying cards at Sams and Target for my Sept trip, and plan on merging them all onto 2 cards- 1 for food and 1 for souvenirs. The website is disneygiftcard.com. On past trips, it was a real pain having to keep track of multiple giftcards and how much was left on each.

I think they might have gotten rid of it. I had it installed for the longest time and then one day I tried to use it after not having opened it in awhile and it wouldn't open. I uninstalled it and when I went to go back to install it again I could no longer find it in the Apple Store.

Hmm I have never used or heard of that app. But there is a website now where you can merge multiple disney giftcards onto one card, up to $1,000. I used it for last years trip and it was great having just one card. I have been buying cards at Sams and Target for my Sept trip, and plan on merging them all onto 2 cards- 1 for food and 1 for souvenirs. The website is disneygiftcard.com. On past trips, it was a real pain having to keep track of multiple giftcards and how much was left on each.

So you can merge the cards you buy at Target on to one of the cards?? The $25 and $50 ones?

Kristen

So you can merge the cards you buy at Target on to one of the cards?? The $25 and $50 ones?

Kristen
You can merge any cards. You choose one of those cards as the one you are going to have with you when you go. I got a bunch for my birthday.. Bought at Target, the Disney Store and CVS and already merged them. Doesn't matter where they are bought from. :thumbsup2

Thanks- I did see that. That would be helpful for me. The main reason I wanted to find the app was for my DD. She will be on a school trip which is why we are going (staying separate than dh and I. ) We have been giving her Disney gift cards as gifts for different occasions over the past few months for spending money. I didn't really want her carrying around 1 card with too much money on it. For fear of losing it. Or even several lesser amounts one - just figured she would confuse them. LOL. But of course she always has her phone with her & with the app we didn't even have to carry the cards. We were able to scan the phone. ( kind of like Starbucks haha. )

I like disneygiftcard.com
I have used it to merge gift cards lots of times.
I always come back with several cards with small amounts on them,
so I go on there and merge them all onto one for the next trip.

I always take a picture of the numbers on my gift cards (make sure u scratch off the pin area too)
the site asks for not only the card number but that pin number under the scratch off area too.

If I lose one I could go onto the site and hurry and transfer that balance to another card...
hopefully before someone would find and use it...LOL

Thanks- I did see that. That would be helpful for me. The main reason I wanted to find the app was for my DD. She will be on a school trip which is why we are going (staying separate than dh and I. ) We have been giving her Disney gift cards as gifts for different occasions over the past few months for spending money. I didn't really want her carrying around 1 card with too much money on it. For fear of losing it. Or even several lesser amounts one - just figured she would confuse them. LOL. But of course she always has her phone with her & with the app we didn't even have to carry the cards. We were able to scan the phone. ( kind of like Starbucks haha. )

Use the site to find out the value of each, mark them with a sharpie. As she spends, the receipts should show the value left with a few digits of that GC on it so she can track which is which.

Not as easy as the app but it's something.

And yes the app is gone. Coincided with the new functionality of the site.

I love being able to combine cards! I hate having so many smaller cards and writing the balance on them with a sharpie or taping receipts to them! I just use three- one for myself and one for DH and it works perfectly for us!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but 2 years ago on our Disney trip I used an app on my iPhone to track our Disney gift cards. Got the idea from a poster on these boards. It was a great app and really helpful. We are leaving in a week and a half and I would really like to use the app again, but can't find it on my iPhone 6. Does anyone know if this app still exists and how I can find it? Thanks fellow disers. :lovestruc
That app appears to be gone. I have it on my iPhone and it will no longer open nor can I find it anywhere to reinstall. I loved always having easy access to my balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter