Disney Genie Is Now Live Post Your Hints and Tips

I just came in here to post this and as of 5pm passes are still available for both rides. Only ROTR has run out which is understandable.
Any idea about when the RotR ILL$ tickets sold out?

Are we talking about morning time or early afternoon?

I'm trying to figure out what the best way to buy these tickets. I suspect that I'd have to simply continually check throughout the day until the timeslot for when I want to go opens up?

<< I'm bumping my earlier post >>

As I understand it, you can only use 1 Lightning Lane per ride per day. If you arrive early, is it a better strategy to get onto short rides through the regular Stand-By and then use the Lightning Lane pass in the early afternoon ( Standby early and LL later )?

or

Vice versa ( early LL and Standby Later )?

I would think that if there would be shorter lines earlier in the day and then use the LL later?

Does anyone have any suggestions on when's the best time to use the LL passes for the day?

Assuming that you're going to be the park early in the morning, is it better to go on "Standby" during the morning and then monitor the availability of the LL passes and aim for early afternoon time slots?

Any idea about when the RotR ILL$ tickets sold out?

Are we talking about morning time or early afternoon?

I'm trying to figure out what the best way to buy these tickets. I suspect that I'd have to simply continually check throughout the day until the timeslot for when I want to go opens up?

From everything I've been reading (do check the latest posts on the "other" Genie + thread in pinned posts, there's a wealth of information from a recent visitor there), you can choose your ILL timeframes, but the G+ LLs are "next available."

I got the Genie+ , it claims that photo pass is included and yet even though it's linked to my tickets & my account, it's telling me I have to pay for each picture. So what is photo pass then???
I have emailed them and they are not answering me, I tried to talk to them on the app and they're not answering me.

Is Photo Pass included with Genie Plus? So let's say you plan to not get genie because it's cost prohibitive.

But one day you could have mom or dad spend the $20 to essentially get Photo Pass? Is that right?

I would be interested in hearing about the experience of photo pass with Genie Plus and if it's a better "value" in CA or DL. In CA you would get the RSR photo for example?

Is Photo Pass included with Genie Plus? So let's say you plan to not get genie because it's cost prohibitive.

But one day you could have mom or dad spend the $20 to essentially get Photo Pass? Is that right?

I would be interested in hearing about the experience of photo pass with Genie Plus and if it's a better "value" in CA or DL. In CA you would get the RSR photo for example?

Each genie plus pass costs $20 and some people say the photo pass is included that any picture you've taken Disneyland is already paid for when you buy the genie plus, it's one of the benefits of paying that much money.

Yet the app is telling me it's not. But other people say it is? So I don't know 🤷‍♀️

Each genie plus pass costs $20 and some people say the photo pass is included that any picture you've taken Disneyland is already paid for when you buy the genie plus, it's one of the benefits of paying that much money.

Yet the app is telling me it's not. But other people say it is? So I don't know 🤷‍♀️

I don't want to go and spend $40-$60 buying pictures that we took in front of the castle from the photographer, if it's already paid for and part of the "Genie +"

Does anyone know if you can use a Disney Visa Rewards card to pay for Genie+/ILL?

I actually asked this question, and it was answered on the Plan Disney Q&A. I thought I was sending and email, but it was answered and posted. Quick answer is "yes" you can use a Disney Visa redemption card to purchase Genie+ and ILL. Here's the full answer:

Can I use my Disney Visa redemption card to purchase Genie+ or any of the Individual Lightening Lane attractions at Disneyland?”

Hello Doreen! Welcome to planDisney and thank you so much for bringing this excellent question to us. It looks like your trip to Disneyland Resort is approaching quickly. I'm excited to hear you are planning on purchasing Disney Genie+ service.

I just recently returned from a trip to the parks and I was able to use Disney Genie+ for the first time. I am happy to report that when I was purchasing it in the app, I saw that you can use both gift cards and your Disney Visa redemption points card as options to pay for Disney Genie+.

Doreen, I would recommend adding your redemption points card number and information on your phone so you can quickly copy and paste the information into the payment field when you are in the parks and ready to purchase. Since it sounds like you are all about strategizing and maximizing your time in the parks, don't forget to use the mobile order feature. Our family saves so much time being able to order in the Disneyland app and skipping the lines!

I'm so excited for you to be heading to The Happiest Place on Earth soon! Please come see us again if you have any other questions for us here at planDisney. You've got a friend in us!

Just for clarification, I can buy Genie+ after midnight of my park day, correct? And I can only purchase the Individual Lightning Lanes after scanning into the parks for the day?

Just for clarification, I can buy Genie+ after midnight of my park day, correct? And I can only purchase the Individual Lightning Lanes after scanning into the parks for the day?
As I understand it, you have to be scanned into the park to purchase Genie+ at DLR.

I believe that is at Disney World but is that the same at DL. I know for Magic Key we had to be scanned in first so maybe that is the difference.

You are right, I was mistaken -- the website says "Disney Genie+ service is available for purchase as an add-on with new ticket or vacation packages before your visit, or as a single-day purchase for existing ticket holders through the Disneyland app on the day of your park visit after park entry. " https://disneyland.disney.go.com/genie/

I could have sworn I read reports of people buying after midnight for DL.

You are right, I was mistaken -- the website says "Disney Genie+ service is available for purchase as an add-on with new ticket or vacation packages before your visit, or as a single-day purchase for existing ticket holders through the Disneyland app on the day of your park visit after park entry. " https://disneyland.disney.go.com/genie/

I could have sworn I read reports of people buying after midnight for DL.
I think that was the case initially, early on.

But I just bought tickets today and was surprised to see genie+ addon as an option.

I think that was the case initially, early on.

But I just bought tickets today and was surprised to see genie+ addon as an option.

I'm about to buy tickets, but we'll only be getting a partial day on day 1. From what I can tell, unlike WDW, since there's no way to make any reservations until you scan into the park, there's no real advantage to pre-purchasing G+ on your tickets, correct? Just buy it with a couple clicks when you enter the park and start making reservations?

I'm about to buy tickets, but we'll only be getting a partial day on day 1. From what I can tell, unlike WDW, since there's no way to make any reservations until you scan into the park, there's no real advantage to pre-purchasing G+ on your tickets, correct? Just buy it with a couple clicks when you enter the park and start making reservations?
My understanding is that same as yours.

The quote also says:

Hmm, ok then. I had seen a few folks probably a month or so ago saying that you could buy after midnight on the day of your park reservation, so that's why I asked. I'd rather go ahead and purchase prior to entering the park, but if it's just a couple of clicks after entering, I suppose it makes little difference, anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter