Disney Genie+ and ILL$ Details & FAQ - Launches 10/19 at WDW, Paid "FastPass" at WDW and Disneyland (date TBD)

For whatever reason my last 2 days of my trip, park reservations and dinner reservations showing in the app but when I go pick out my likes it says no one in the group has a valid ticket for the last 2 days! App says tix valid to December 9th but should be 15th as they are 7 days for 14 tix. Great.

I just went into my app store and saw MDE was ready for update so I did and now I have Genie in the app.

Yep ... they cut the app update pretty close for the folks who need to use G+ this morning. For iOS it looks like v7.0 wasn't released until last night and the app is now listed as 400+ MB! The last thing folks want to do on vacation is an app update 1st thing in the morning and it could be a large one

Must be fun updating that app on Disney Wifi too lol.

I updated and I noticed "My Plans" are completely gone - but you can still access it if you search by using the little magnifying glass on the bottom and typing in "My Plans" into the search, the first result will be "View My Plans" and you can access it!

Here now. Woke up at 6:50 to get ready for our day at Epcot. Downloaded the Genie update and played around on it a little. I got a Boarding Pass for Remy again (Group 41), so I opted to not pay the $9 they were offering the ILL$ for. I did decide to pay for Genie+, even though it has limited use at Epcot. I figure I can make use of it for TT, Soarin’, and Spaceship Earth, maybe even Journey. We’ll rope drop Frozen. I got an LL pass for TT from 11am to 12pm. I’ll update later how everything goes.

Here now. Woke up at 6:50 to get ready for our day at Epcot. Downloaded the Genie update and played around on it a little. I got a Boarding Pass for Remy again (Group 41), so I opted to not pay the $9 they were offering the ILL$ for. I did decide to pay for Genie+, even though it has limited use at Epcot. I figure I can make use of it for TT, Soarin’, and Spaceship Earth, maybe even Journey. We’ll rope drop Frozen. I got an LL pass for TT from 10am to 11am. I’ll update later how everything goes.
You can hop if you fell like it to get more value for your $15?

My price rankings were basically right. In hindsight, I am not sure why I didn't think Remy would be more than MMRR, especially since it's newer. But the surprise for me was that Frozen was more than MMRR. Like I know little girls and all, but the ride is a lot more boring I thought. but hey--I was right otherwise! lol

The first column was my guesses, the second was actual.

Remy's and frozen were tied in costs, as was EE and SM.

RotRRotR
Flight of PassageFlight of Passage
7DMT7DMT
MMRRRemy's
Remy'sFrozen Ever After
Frozen Ever AfterMMRR
Expedition EverestExpedition Everest
Space MountainSpace Mountain

Last edited:
Has anyone found out if the rumor regarding only being able to Genie+ a specific ride one time is accurate? I know that's true for the pain lightning lanes, but assumed with Genie plus you could hit the same ride multiple times assuming there is availability

Here are some awesome questions that Touring Plans were able to answer about Genie+

I'll try to get some of these added to the FAQ if I get a chance - but the video is well worth the watch to answer some questions / tips on how to use Genie+.

Example - you can only ride a ride using Genie+ once, but if you miss your window - that also counts as you having rode it once. You can cancel before you window opens, but once your window opens - if you miss it, you won't be able to ride that ride for the day using the Lightning Lane. Wow.

Also of note, the free Genie app doesn't actually tell you the forecasted wait times, they just give you a bar graph with no Y-Axis labels... makes it difficult to predict how long the wait will be, just tells you when the shortest wait time would be. The bars are also not comparable between rides ... case in point, TP shows that the wait time seems longer for It's Tough to Be a Bug than Flight of Passage based on the bars...

Also of note, the free Genie app doesn't actually tell you the forecasted wait times, they just give you a bar graph with no Y-Axis labels... makes it difficult to predict how long the wait will be, just tells you when the shortest wait time would be. The bars are also not comparable between rides ... case in point, TP shows that the wait time seems longer for It's Tough to Be a Bug than Flight of Passage based on the bars...

Seems well thought out and designed!

Looks like they are trying to convince everyone not to join the early morning rush for FOP.

Was at Hollywood Studios Sunday and yesterday (10/19). The crowd and wait times were much higher on 10-19. I think many people signed up for LL and you get more bang for you buck at Hollywood Studios. Pre LL on Sunday the lines moved much faster. I monitored it and wait times did not go down much until very late in the day.
Rise of Resistance sold out for individual LL pass early. The ride is a cluster right now though. We have been monitoring it and it has broken down every day at least 2 times each day. We got in park Sunday at 8:05am and line was 90 minutes already. By 10am it was broke and didn’t open for 2-3 hours later. It was down again later in afternoon for a couple hours. Same thing yesterday (10/19). So a posted wait time of 120 minutes in reality could be 240 minutes if you stuck it out due to it breaking down. I have not gone on it which bums me out. It has broken down daily during this visit. Very risky right now to do standby line with it breaking down so much. I have to think they will put individual lighting lane people ahead of standby since they paid but I could be wrong. Just a guess.
We left HS at 1:30 (10/19) and went to Animal Kingdom due to lines so long. We were also at Animal Kingdom Saturday. Lines were much shorter on 10/19. Flight of Passage was 45 minutes around 2:30pm and was 90 minutes on Sunday.
IMO being there before and during roll out parks like Hollywood Studios and MK where lightning lane you can get more rides and value the standby lines will be impacted much more than places like Epcot and Animal Kingdom where not as many attractions that make it worth buying LL passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter