Disney GC in store

TeamH5

DIS Veteran
does anyone know if the Disney store in DS sells the GC with different characters on them? And, can we pay for a Disney GC with a Disney GC? I just don't want to give my kids the generic mouse cards. Would like them a little more personalized for each kid.

I tried buying online and of course would not let me buy GC with a GC...

I'm not sure what the minimum on a GC is, but you could buy one at the store that you like for a minimum you could transfer balance from another card on the disney gift card site. Just a thought!

does anyone know if the Disney store in DS sells the GC with different characters on them? And, can we pay for a Disney GC with a Disney GC? I just don't want to give my kids the generic mouse cards. Would like them a little more personalized for each kid.

I tried buying online and of course would not let me buy GC with a GC...

B&M Disney Stores don't carry many design options for gift cards, maybe half a dozen or so. DisneyGiftCard .com, which links to DisneyStore .com, has a LOT more design options and there's no charge for shipping. I believe the minimum balance you have to put on the card is $25.

As @supersnoop already noted, you cannot use a Disney GC to pay for a Disney GC in stores; and as you already know, or online. You can't use merchandise credit to buy a GC online or in stores either.

When is your trip? As far as I know, the only place to get a good selection of characters to choose from is online, but they take a few weeks to arrive. I looked for a certain character one last yr. while we were there to bring back for a friend for her senior trip, and they did not have it - only a few designs in gift shops. I know what you mean, as I have been able to get DS a Mickey Soccer one, and DD a Snow White in the past from the online site. If you have time, you could order those and use your generic ones for other trip expenses like tips, food, souvineers, or give them the minimum($25) on the special cards, and then have the rest of their money(not sure how much you were planning to give them) on generic cards to use after special card. Also, with Christmas coming(if before your trip), maybe other family and friends could use your generic cards to give them spending money if they wanted to do that as a gift.

When is your trip? As far as I know, the only place to get a good selection of characters to choose from is online, but they take a few weeks to arrive. I looked for a certain character one last yr. while we were there to bring back for a friend for her senior trip, and they did not have it - only a few designs in gift shops. I know what you mean, as I have been able to get DS a Mickey Soccer one, and DD a Snow White in the past from the online site. If you have time, you could order those and use your generic ones for other trip expenses like tips, food, souvineers, or give them the minimum($25) on the special cards, and then have the rest of their money(not sure how much you were planning to give them) on generic cards to use after special card. Also, with Christmas coming(if before your trip), maybe other family and friends could use your generic cards to give them spending money if they wanted to do that as a gift.
We leave next Friday so it sounds like online isn't an option. :( That's alright. I've got a back up plan to make personalized GC holders, I was just kind of hoping I'd be able to pick some up in store once we were there. Our first stop is DS, I was hoping the super store there would have some options.

lol that's what I get for waiting till the last second to really plan anything.. Lol

We leave next Friday so it sounds like online isn't an option. :( That's alright. I've got a back up plan to make personalized GC holders, I was just kind of hoping I'd be able to pick some up in store once we were there. Our first stop is DS, I was hoping the super store there would have some options.

lol that's what I get for waiting till the last second to really plan anything.. Lol

I am sure the kids will love having a gift card to spend, and probably care less about the details than we do - lol! I did not have time to order last trip, and found small flat tins at Target in dollar section with Mickey and Minnie that I used as holders. For the future, when you start planning next trip, another strategy is if you order ones you choose online with the minimum on them, you can go to Disney store and add on a little each month leading up to your trip, so you are not spending a lot at one time before trip. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter