DISNEY Frozen Fun LIVE at HS Starting July 5 UPDATED

So 1000 people fit in that theatre where they are having the show...

How many shows a day I wonder?

And I wonder if there are going to be long waits to get a seat...it would almost be better if they did put FPP on it

That was my first thought. I expect some pretty long lines. After all, parents are willing to wait hours for the M&G...

Who has Kool-Aid?

I just booked a 4 day late August trip. I SAID I'D NEVER GO TO DISNEY EVER IN AUGUST.

OK, fine. I will just say it. No one at all thinks this wasn't set up to offset the July 8th opening at that other place?:confused3 It should be a huge draw for both places. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Who has Kool-Aid?

I just booked a 4 day late August trip. I SAID I'D NEVER GO TO DISNEY EVER IN AUGUST.

And this Disney is why I want my money back. Everyone and their brother is gonna snag the last week of August because "It's so cheap" (I'm paying $12K for my trip so clearly I'm doing something wrong) and now all my Crowd Predictor days of 2s-4s are gonna be 5s-6s.

I am so bummed

I'm supposed to be in WDW right now, but sprained my ankle and knee, so had to postpone it by a month. Well, I guess something good will come out of it after all.

Awe you guys made me ink! My daughter is going to poop purple twinkles when she finds out about this!!! Well, she will do that when she finds out about the trip anyway.... But this might make her faint. I am totally excited Disney is doing this. So exciting!!

So 1000 people fit in that theatre where they are having the show... How many shows a day I wonder? And I wonder if there are going to be long waits to get a seat...it would almost be better if they did put FPP on it

This is from Inside the Magic:

For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Inside the park’s Premiere Theater, Princess Anna and Queen Elsa join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a fun and comedic retelling of the history of their kingdom amidst projections, lighting and special effects. Guests will be invited to join in special sing-along moments from the film’s chart-topping soundtrack. At the end of the performance, guests might find themselves becoming “Honorary Citizens of Arendelle.” The 20-minute show will be presented multiple times each day.

Absolutely. Marvel would be a huge "get" and I don't discount the possibility of a "sit down" with Universal for a cash deal to get them back. When people talk about box office take for SW, HP and Avatar, people overlook the totality of the Marvel franchise. Iron Man. Thor. Captain America. Avengers. These are huge. Disney may never get Spiderman, but the rest would be worth buying back.
With Comcast's zeal in building Universal into a destination, I can't picture them selling Marvel at any price. At least not yet. Any company that is willing to throw money around like they have been doing doesn't seem to be interested in selling anything. Again, not yet anyway.

How nice for fans of Frozen...I am not one of them, but it's nice to see them adding stuff. However, if this somehow causes Star wars Land to not happen...

cosbyhimself1.jpg

THE BEATINGS WILL NOW COMMENCE!
I'm right there with you. :rotfl:

However the thought of DHS pulling people away from the other parks is interesting...

OK, fine. I will just say it. No one at all thinks this wasn't set up to offset the July 8th opening at that other place?:confused3 It should be a huge draw for both places. I can't wait to see the pictures.
I think that you're right. I doubt that it will cause a dent in the other opening but it sure could spur additional interest in WDW. It should be interesting to say the least.

Plus if those people are like us, they could do both. :)

Just did the same---- changed our Ak day and DHS days around--- along with our ADRs and FPs--- not going to is this - will be there July 6th!
Your plan was exactly what I was just contemplating doing. Were you able to get the FPs you wanted for July 6th? We currently have ToyStory Mania, ToT and Great Movie Ride scheduled for July 2nd, but would love to switch over to the 6th. Mostly concerned about TSM and ToT . . .were they available when you switched your plans?

And this Disney is why I want my money back. Everyone and their brother is gonna snag the last week of August because "It's so cheap" (I'm paying $12K for my trip so clearly I'm doing something wrong) and now all my Crowd Predictor days of 2s-4s are gonna be 5s-6s.

I am so bummed

Awww, don't be. I really don't think late August is going to pull too many extra people because so many kids are in school by then and most parents aren't going to pull their children out right at the beginning of the year. We just happen to live in a state where school can't start until after Labor Day.

But on the $12K...WOW. Granted we're taking a short trip, but the package with room and tickets was less than half the cost of just the room for our December trip (when there's peak pricing) because the discounts were so substantial.

While I agree a Pixar themed park would pin the needle, I don't think it needs to be at the expense of SW. Love it or hate it, it has arguably the largest and most passionate fanbase of fiction ever. A SW themed world (done right) will achieve insane results for DW (You think you'll be able to book dinner at the Cantina 179 days out?)

I think the debate here was the money and resources that were thrown at Avatar Land. A movie that has no die hard fan presence, is being thrown into the least visited park and will likely be met with a :confused3 by your average Disney patron.

And your "average Disney patron" while shrugging their shoulders at Avatar will simultaneously place SW in first place among the triumvirate of it, Battlestar Gallactica and Star Trek. But when you throw Disney Animation into the mix, those other three become also-rans. SW fans are many and passionate. But if this site proves nothing else, it is that the cult of Disney is by far and away the biggest draw. An expansion of SW presence is warranted and would be embraced. But that has to be coupled with an expansion of core Disney and Pixar features. The fact that your 2-3 days have jumped to 5-6 days prove this.

With Comcast's zeal in building Universal into a destination, I can't picture them selling Marvel at any price. At least not yet. Any company that is willing to throw money around like they have been doing doesn't seem to be interested in selling anything. Again, not yet anyway.

And if/when they do sell the theme park rights to Disney it would only serve to fund Universal's expansion (with nothing out of pocket). That appears to be the double-edged sword in the sheath.

I think that you're right. I doubt that it will cause a dent in the other opening but it sure could spur additional interest in WDW. It should be interesting to say the least.

Blasphemy!! :)

That could be, but I feel like the two would generally attract different crowds. While lots of teens will undoubtedly be excited for the Frozen events, most will be more excited about HP, and vice versa with young kids. The Frozen stuff will definitely draw a crowd to HS, but I think it will mainly be people who were already planning to be at WDW, if that makes sense.

Personally I'd like to see HS abandon the movie studio copycat theme that Disney adopted the day they heard Universal was coming to town and come up with something that combines Pixar, Lucas, Muppets, Disney Jr. and Disney Animation Studios. I still have more faith in the Star Wars properties than you do (at least I like the chances of the Episode VII-IX releases creating more excitement than the Avatar sequels). But it's academic until Disney shows they have something in mind anyway. :darth::chewy::ewok::yoda:
I love the idea of abandoning the movie studio concept and overhauling. I would love to see a complete retheme with Animation Studio/Land (move One Man's Dream to that area, have Disney Jr stuff, Oswald, old cartoons, animation building,etc.), Star Wars Land, Pixar Place, Muppet Mania area, etc. They could turn it into a not to be missed park with everything at their disposal. Wishful thinking but I like your thinking!

All that said...I wish we weren't 14 hours away and still crossing my fingers that they extend this through September because I like to see anything new that Disney does because they typically do it well. It was starting to feel a little stale to me but after our quick weekend trip for SWW I am really looking forward to our next trip.

That could be, but I feel like the two would generally attract different crowds. While lots of teens will undoubtedly be excited for the Frozen events, most will be more excited about HP, and vice versa with young kids. The Frozen stuff will definitely draw a crowd to HS, but I think it will mainly be people who were already planning to be at WDW, if that makes sense.
That could be but why not see both if people are there for a week or more anyway? You could see the DHS stuff for a few days and the Harry Potter stuff for a few days and then still have time for the rest. I bet that some people will take advantage of both.

That could be but why not see both if people are there for a week or more anyway? You could see the DHS stuff for a few days and the Harry Potter stuff for a few days and then still have time for the rest. I bet that some people will take advantage of both.

If I were a fan of both then that would be the "perfect storm". That experience has the potential to create a lot of memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter