DISNEY Frozen Fun LIVE at HS Starting July 5 UPDATED

I think it's the case. So far for Frozen they've had a slow moving M&G that every little girl at Disney wanted to do and half a float in a parade that may or may not be turned towards you as it went by.

THIS!!

We were on the wrong side of the street and my youngest couldn't see A&E. She was so disappointed!!

Oh man. We have a 10:45am H&V reservation and Our fast passes are all set around that time. We will miss the small welcome parade.

Should I liven this up with:

I am in September HOW CAN THEY CANCEL THIS ON ME?
:stir:

Hopefully this appeases those who lost the 2 nights of MK EMH's in July.

I wouldn't doubt that something like this wouldn't stick around or transform into something else if Frozen stays as popular as it is right now.

PS to really get things going I think Frozen likely has a bigger following that Harry Potter. HAHA

Its nice for random things to be rolled out though in the parks. Really miss the characters just walking around the parks.

PS to really get things going I think Frozen likely has a bigger following that Harry Potter. HAHA

I suggested a while back that Disney should mothball Pandora at AK and instead go with the Arendale Frozen Adventure, complete with polar bears, penguins and puffins, Olaf & Marshmallow's Snowman attraction, a show, and of course a M&G. It would fit AK better, get more animals in the park, use Disney's own property and draw off a better fan base. :)

I'm no WDW expert, but didn't FOTLK start as a temporary show in a temporary land scraped together from some abandoned parade parts?
Nope, it didn't. At least, not in the way you're thinking.

All shows at Disney are, technically, "temporary". Nothing is built to last to the end of time. When FoLK was developed, it was developed to be a standard stage show with a standard 4-5 year shelf life. It was put into Camp Minnie-Mickey -- which was a viable and, at the time, permanent addition to the park. The wooden structure of the show venue was reminiscent of the outdoor amphitheatres you see in camps in the Adirondacks, which were camps that Michael Eisner attended as a kid and carried around a lot of nostalgia for. Hence ... the theme.

The floats for FoLK utilized existing float bases and also brought in elements of set pieces that had been built for the grand opening of the park. But it's not like they took left over MK parade floats, popped a lion on them, and turned them into FoLK elements. Those pieces -- and the puppets on them -- were built for the show using some recycled elements, as Disney tends to do. But each one was built specifically for the show.

A few years after FoLK opened, it was so popular that the existing theater was enclosed so that shows weren't being lost to rain, heat or other elements and so that the lighting, audio and effects could be controlled more consistently. This was also done to make it a more "permanent" venue and to give FoLK a long-term home.

When Avatar was announced, and the real estate for it identified, there wasn't even a question as to whether FoLK would continue. If it was meant to be a "temporary" show, that would have been the time to close it. Instead, the new Harambe Theatre was built, and Disney used that as an opportunity to give the show the facility it deserved -- both on-stage and backstage. If anything had been cobbled together at the old venue, it was the backstage areas. Trailers, tents, part of a parking lot, a Quonset hut, and an off-site rehearsal facility were replaced by a series of offices, dressing rooms, a green room, cast areas, rehearsal facilities, stilt & puppet areas, and other things designed and built specifically for the show.

Which would indicate to me that FoLK isn't going anywhere any time soon. It's been around for 16 years. I'll be pretty darn surprised if this "Frozen" summer event is still being done 16 years from now.

YMMV

:earsboy:

I suggested a while back that Disney should mothball Pandora at AK and instead go with the Arendale Frozen Adventure, complete with polar bears, penguins and puffins, Olaf & Marshmallow's Snowman attraction, a show, and of course a M&G. It would fit AK better, get more animals in the park, use Disney's own property and draw off a better fan base. :)

Nope Disney invested in Pandora 2 years worth of time (whatever that really means) so they might as well see it to completion. Now what they COULD do is actually add your idea in concert with Pandora? Think about having Pandora open 2017 and Arendale open 2018? pixiedust: mind explosion haha

That is a really sweet idea that is kinda "out there" in a good way. Also they could also fit in the christmas theme better in AK then if they had an area with "snow".

I am pretty deep in the Frozen Is Overrated camp and my kid hasn't even seen it, BUT :worship:

I love this idea. I would be really excited if they did this seeing as a Winter themed mega attraction would be awesome (I don't count Blizzard Beach) and would really excite me (Which Avatar does not)

This sounds like a great idea, but being a zoo/animal enthusiast, I have two tweaks. Polar bears are hard to inquire these days due to the dwindling population in US zoos and not being allowed to export any from other countries. Also, if it was in Arendale, the North part of the world, I'd stay away from the penguins as well. But I love the idea of puffins and maybe reindeer or other Norway/Arctic creatures. Although some may need to be in a/c buildings to avoid Florida's hot weather!

This sounds like a great idea, but being a zoo/animal enthusiast, I have two tweaks. Polar bears are hard to inquire these days due to the dwindling population in US zoos and not being allowed to export any from other countries. Also, if it was in Arendale, the North part of the world, I'd stay away from the penguins as well. But I love the idea of puffins and maybe reindeer or other Norway/Arctic creatures. Although some may need to be in a/c buildings to avoid Florida's hot weather!

Allow me to throw on my Imaginears here, but that could be a wonderful addition, not a hindrance. Imagine walking down a "snow" covered trail seeing all the animals and at the end you come upon something like this:

20735252.jpg

I'm more excited by the prospect of this fictional world than I am Pandora:rotfl:

Hmmmmm. I got shouted down for suggesting that Pixar and Disney animation IP might be a higher and better use than a massive investment in Star Wars and now this! I sense that the park planners are wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth about diving in to SW with both feet and have decided to test the waters by introducing less complex, less expensive entertainment based on Disney features to see how that will impact DHS. Trust me folks. Frozen, Cars, The Incredibles, Wall-E, Monsters Inc. et al. will move the meter just as much as SW. Different crowd, but a crowd nevertheless.

We will be there on 7/5 and have out FP+ booked for HS. This should be interesting. We all liked the movie but my kids are a bit older. We will definitely want to check this out though!

Booking tonight!!!!

Can't resist the pull!! Decided to scrap my March 2015 trip and go August of this year instead!

Can't wait for my youngest's reaction!!! She's going to freak! :hyper:

So 1000 people fit in that theatre where they are having the show...

How many shows a day I wonder?

And I wonder if there are going to be long waits to get a seat...it would almost be better if they did put FPP on it

Hollywood Studios is going to be a mess, and the 10:30 Fantasmic that's usually half-empty will be a madhouse... Any thoughts on whether that may make the 9:00 show less crowded (because the A&E crowd will be staking out a fireworks spot)?

OK, new MK EMH day rework done, so I guess now I have time to rework our HS lunch ADR, and early afternoon FP+ :lmao:

OK, so someone else asked, but I will again. We will be there on August 27th. The park closes at 8:00 and there is only 1 showing of F! at 8:30. Do guests just stake out a spot to sit and wait for 9:45 fireworks??

:confused3

And... is it really worth staying for??

And... if park closing is at 8:00, when will the buses stop running????

I am pretty deep in the Frozen Is Overrated camp and my kid hasn't even seen it, BUT :worship:

Thanks! If your kid hasn't seen it, have you? I think it's a great kid's movie (I personally liked Wreck It Ralph more, as well as a few recent non Disney releases), and although I don't see the cause for the hysteria personally, I know such hysteria doesn't always correlate with my idea of greatness and if that many kids relate to it so be it.

I know polar bears are unlikely but I didn't want to leave them out. I think too many cold climate animals would fit AK great to leave out just because they are Antarctic, so they can just work them into the theme somehow (let Elsa create a Frozen wonderland for creatures from all over). Yes, I had in mind a refrigerated environment similar to what other animal exhibits (dare I say zoos) do. But I expect Disney to make it look like it's outside somehow, maybe the way they make the interior of Mexico in Epcot look that way.

Hmmmmm. I got shouted down for suggesting that Pixar and Disney animation IP might be a higher and better use than a massive investment in Star Wars and now this! I sense that the park planners are wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth about diving in to SW with both feet and have decided to test the waters by introducing less complex, less expensive entertainment based on Disney features to see how that will impact DHS. Trust me folks. Frozen, Cars, The Incredibles, Wall-E, Monsters Inc. et al. will move the meter just as much as SW. Different crowd, but a crowd nevertheless.

Personally I'd like to see HS abandon the movie studio copycat theme that Disney adopted the day they heard Universal was coming to town and come up with something that combines Pixar, Lucas, Muppets, Disney Jr. and Disney Animation Studios. I still have more faith in the Star Wars properties than you do (at least I like the chances of the Episode VII-IX releases creating more excitement than the Avatar sequels). But it's academic until Disney shows they have something in mind anyway. :darth::chewy::ewok::yoda:

Your sig says you are 11 months away from your trip. Many things could pop up between now and then. For instance: Those that had a trip scheduled around July 5 (just two weeks away) probably just altered their schedule a bit for this big announcement.

We go every Halloween too...no need to put that because it's the norm. June is a month we have not been in years and years so I needed to celebrate that one. I'm going to hope Disney throws something in nice for June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter