disney for older kids

wages1234

Earning My Ears
heading to MK, hollywood, epcot the end of June. It will be husband, myself, 2 boys ages 12 and 16. None of us have ever gone. The question I have is my 16 yr old says Disney is for little kids. Is there enough there for older kids? I've tryed to talk him into eating with the princesses but he won't go for it lol. I've heard Epcot is better for the older kids, is that right? Will he be bored out of his mind at Mk?

heading to MK, hollywood, epcot the end of June. It will be husband, myself, 2 boys ages 12 and 16. None of us have ever gone. The question I have is my 16 yr old says Disney is for little kids. Is there enough there for older kids? I've tryed to talk him into eating with the princesses but he won't go for it lol. I've heard Epcot is better for the older kids, is that right? Will he be bored out of his mind at Mk?

Hi. I have three sons, 13, 14.5, and 16, and this summer is our 11th trip to WDW (we've been going since they were 3, 4.5, and 6). I asked DS16 just last night if he still really likes coming or if he just does it because he LOVES his mom. :) He informed me that he really does love WDW and can't wait to go this summer.

There are so many things for older kids to do, and the best part is that they can do some of them by themselves. I've been letting my guys have "alone" time for the past couple of trips.

Hope that helps.
Rose

PS- My guys LOVE eating with the princesses. Those young men get so much attention from the princesses. :laughing:

You need to go over to Animal Kingdom for Expedition Everest!
My just turned 17 year old son still enjoys going. There are rides there for older kids/adults as well. Hollywood Studios has Rockin Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania. MK has Space Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad, Splash Mountain. I think it really depends on the person tho.
Last years trip I had my husband, 3 sons and my 20 year old daughter stand in line for over 1 1/2 hours so I could meet Tinker Bell and the Fairies. :love:

Wow - I would think those would be great ages for your kids to enjoy WDW. All of the rides/shows should be fun for them. They may not be interested in some of the rides in Fantasyland -but everywhere else in MK and the other parks, there are fabulous attractions/rides for them to enjoy.

thank you all for your help. the boys have decided they would rather do 2 days at Epcot rather 1 at Epcot and 1 at AK. I didn't think of all the attention the princesses would be giving him. He may want to to afterall. He loves attention from pretty girls.

I really don't think you should be passing up AK!

There are two great thrill rides there, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur.

I went for my first time ever when I was 17 and my younger siblings were 13 and 14 and we absolutely loved WDW.

Unless your boys are big on learning about other countries or having cultural experiences, I think 1 day is more than enough for them. Future World has some great rides.

My soon to be 15 year old son said he can't wait to see the Lion King Show and Tough To Be A Bug when we go this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter