Disney Food Pictures...Part V!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it exactly, thank you so much! For the life of me I couldn't remember the name of it. We never saw anything like it when we were in Japan a number of years ago, so either this is a new thing or we just didn't see it. It really was delicious, it was my favourite thing on the plate, LOL.

It was one of our favorite things we ate the entire time we were there, haha! It may be something that has become popular in the last few years, I'm not sure. We had it twice at open air market/stall places (once in Arashiyama and once in Ueno Park), and then we also had it at a brick and mortar place called Toyofuku near Senso-ji. We didn't pass it up anytime we saw it! :rotfl: I'm so glad to know Morimoto Asia has it!!

It was one of our favorite things we ate the entire time we were there, haha! It may be something that has become popular in the last few years, I'm not sure. We had it twice at open air market/stall places (once in Arashiyama and once in Ueno Park), and then we also had it at a brick and mortar place called Toyofuku near Senso-ji. We didn't pass it up anytime we saw it! :rotfl: I'm so glad to know Morimoto Asia has it!!

It wasn't on the menu when we were there on January 26. Our server said something about the chef deciding to make it as a little "extra treat" for the lunch set that day. Maybe it was an experiment to gauge popularity before they would add it to the regular menu? I don't see it listed on the current menu, but hopefully they're still including it. Both DH and I really, really enjoyed it.

Ghirardelli - Disney Springs
January 19, 2016
Afternoon Snack

We arrived at WDW on this day, which also happened to be my birthday. I can't think of a better way to kick off the trip than with an ice cream "lunch" at Ghirardelli. :thumbsup2

2016_01_19_Ghirardelli_Sundaes.jpg

This little beauty was mine, the "Strike It Rich" butterscotch and hot fudge sundae. :love:

2016_01_19_Hot_Fudge_Sundae.jpg

DH went traditional and got the classic hot fudge sundae. Both were heavenly! :cloud9:

Raglan Road - Disney Springs
January 19, 2016
Dinner

2016_01_19_RR_Irish_Honey_Cup.jpg

We decided to start with a cocktail and both ordered this amazing concoction. This is the "Irish Honey Cup" and I want one now! Sooo good.

2016_01_19_RR_Colcannon_Soup.jpg

For appetizers we both ordered the Colcannon soup. Velvety, creamy perfection.

2016_01_19_RR_Braised_Be_Beef.jpg

My entrée was the Braised. Be. Beef. Delicious and a huge serving, I couldn't finish it.

2016_01_19_RR_Fish_Chips.jpg

DH ordered the fish and chips. Now, this is the only dish served at Raglan Road that is truly a piddly little portion. He hadn't already started eating when I took that picture, that was the portion size he was served. Pretty pathetic. He polished off the rest of my beef however, and was satisfied. Just be aware if you decide to order the fish and chips here, you might want to request the kitchen be a little more generous with the fries.

January 19, 2016
Dinner

We decided to start with a cocktail and both ordered this amazing concoction. This is the "Irish Honey Cup" and I want one now! Sooo good.

My entrée was the Braised. Be. Beef. Delicious and a huge serving, I couldn't finish it.

DH ordered the fish and chips. Now, this is the only dish served at Raglan Road that is truly a piddly little portion. He hadn't already started eating when I took that picture, that was the portion size he was served. Pretty pathetic. He polished off the rest of my beef however, and was satisfied. Just be aware if you decide to order the fish and chips here, you might want to request the kitchen be a little more generous with the fries.
January 19, 2016
Dinner

So glad I saw the picture and read your comment about the fish. I was thinking of ordering that next time there but looking for something that could fill me.

So glad I saw the picture and read your comment about the fish. I was thinking of ordering that next time there but looking for something that could fill me.

We were again surprised by the small portion of fish and chips, especially considering the excessive serving size of other entrées at this restaurant. The same thing happened last time we were there, but we thought it was just a fluke. Obviously we were wrong. It's a shame, as it's probably DH's favourite fish and chips on property, with the fish and chips at Rose and Crown a very, very close second.

That bread pudding looks good, I think one of the four of us will have to order that so I can try it!

I see one photo of lunch BOG turkey sandwich with green beans. I didn't know you could substitute them for the fries?
I'm pretty sure you can. When I preordered our lunch the other day, I had a choice of fries or green beans when I ordered our sandwiches. Also, my 9 year old had the kids' pork (Feast a la Beast) and it gave us the option of choosing 2 sides. So she had fries and a cookie.

I'm pretty sure you can. When I preordered our lunch the other day, I had a choice of fries or green beans when I ordered our sandwiches. Also, my 9 year old had the kids' pork (Feast a la Beast) and it gave us the option of choosing 2 sides. So she had fries and a cookie.

Nice to hear. Although the fries were very good, I'm not really a big french fry eater!

Ok I know this is sort of off topic but I haven't been able to find the info anywhere else. Does anyone know what's included at Morimoto's when your on the dining plan? The menu is confusing for entree's such as the steak where it doesn't list any sides it comes with. There is a separate section of the menu for sides. Does that mean no sides are included with entree's? I can't image with it being two credits that you would have to pay extra for sides for your entree's but I want to be sure before I book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter