• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Food Pictures...Part V!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner at Les Chefs de France

For an appetizer we had: A la flamme Alsacienne (Alsace specialty Flatbread) with crème fraîche, onion and bacon.

This was really tasty and a great way to start.

For the entree DH had: Plat de côtes de boeuf au Cabernet (Beef Short Ribs) braised in Cabernet with pasta (This is from November, but I think it's now served with polenta which sounds much better.)

He really liked the ribs, but said the pasta was bland. He did not finish his entree.

I had: Canard aux cerises (Duck Breast with Cherries)- Duck breast and leg confit with cherries, sweet potatoe puree and patty pan squash.

This was amazing! I loved it, and it was one of the best meals I had the entire week that I was on property. I totally recommend it and want to go back to Chefs simply because of this entree.

For dessert DH had: Puff choux with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce

This is a pretty standard flavor profile, vanilla ice cream puffs smothered in chocolate sauce, but DH ate it up and really enjoyed it. The "Happy Anniversary" wishes on the plate was a nice touch.

I had: Daily assortment of fresh sorbets, madeleine

This was very good. The sorbet came in three flavors: coconut, pineapple, and I can't remember the last one because I asked for a second scoop of pineapple instead. They are served with fresh berries and topped with a berry sauce and a medeleine cookie. It is refreshing after a heavy meal and very tasty.

All in all, I loved Les Chefs de France and had a wonderful time there. DH did enjoy it overall, and is excited to try a different entree. We are planning to go back on our next trip.

Dinner at Les Chefs de France For an appetizer we had: A la flamme Alsacienne (Alsace specialty Flatbread) with crème fraîche, onion and bacon. http://s102.photobucket.com/user/tmjd79/media/WDW Food/1ChefsFrance_zpsce784894.jpg.html This was really tasty and a great way to start. For the entree DH had: Plat de côtes de boeuf au Cabernet (Beef Short Ribs) braised in Cabernet with pasta (This is from November, but I think it's now served with polenta which sounds much better.) http://s102.photobucket.com/user/tmjd79/media/WDW Food/3ChefsFrance_zps077d496f.jpg.html He really liked the ribs, but said the pasta was bland. He did not finish his entree. I had: Canard aux cerises (Duck Breast with Cherries)- Duck breast and leg confit with cherries, sweet potatoe puree and patty pan squash. http://s102.photobucket.com/user/tmjd79/media/WDW Food/2ChefsFrance_zpse083a087.jpg.html This was amazing! I loved it, and it was one of the best meals I had the entire week that I was on property. I totally recommend it and want to go back to Chefs simply because of this entree. For dessert DH had: Puff choux with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce http://s102.photobucket.com/user/tmjd79/media/WDW Food/4ChefsFrance_zpsbe4cd56c.jpg.html This is a pretty standard flavor profile, vanilla ice cream puffs smothered in chocolate sauce, but DH ate it up and really enjoyed it. The "Happy Anniversary" wishes on the plate was a nice touch. I had: Daily assortment of fresh sorbets, madeleine http://s102.photobucket.com/user/tmjd79/media/WDW Food/5ChefsFrance_zps27e8015a.jpg.html This was very good. The sorbet came in three flavors: coconut, pineapple, and I can't remember the last one because I asked for a second scoop of pineapple instead. They are served with fresh berries and topped with a berry sauce and a medeleine cookie. It is refreshing after a heavy meal and very tasty. All in all, I loved Les Chefs de France and had a wonderful time there. DH did enjoy it overall, and is excited to try a different entree. We are planning to go back on our next trip.

How was the appetizer? We're going to Les Chefs for lunch on our trip next month, and I want to possibly order that flatbread as my lunch. I've tried the Croque Monsieur there as well as the quiche but never any of the flatbreads.

We ate at Chefs de France a few weeks ago in May and it was great. DH and I had the beef short ribs with polenta and it was wonderful; first time we had ever tried polenta. DD's had Mac and Chez and he duck plate. We are going back this December and DH picked Chefs again for his TS restaurant because of that plate.

How was the appetizer? We're going to Les Chefs for lunch on our trip next month, and I want to possibly order that flatbread as my lunch. I've tried the Croque Monsieur there as well as the quiche but never any of the flatbreads.

It was great, but you have to like onions. It is large for an appetizer, so it could definitely serve as a light lunch paired with a cup of French Onion Soup, or something like that. It depends on how hungry you are.

It was great, but you have to like onions. It is large for an appetizer, so it could definitely serve as a light lunch paired with a cup of French Onion Soup, or something like that. It depends on how hungry you are.

Thank you! I like onions as long as they're cooked.

I always say I'm going to take pictures of the food we order......and always forget! This time I'm going to try and remember::yes::

How was the Trifle Sinful? In the past it was served in a Mason Jar with the custard and Swiss Roll sliced and served in layers like a Trifle, but this looks like a sundae. So I'm just wondering if it was good?

My DW ordered this dish and absolutely LOVED it! She said it was so creamy and decadent. She didn't even try to steal a bite of my Ger's Bread and Butter pudding....and that's saying a LOT! :thumbsup2

Grand Antipasto Misto Platter (serves two):

Calamari:

Lasagne alla Bolognese:

Spaghetti with meatballs:

Ravioli di Ricotta:

Caprese Panini:

Mocha Tiramisu:

Torta di Nicciole "Cortemilia":

Torta di Ricotta:

Tutto Italia looks great! We have a dinner ADR there in a few weeks. We used to swear off Italian food on vacation because we are so picky about Italian food, but last time we figured let's try one of the Italy restaurants and we went to Via Napoli. It was amazingly delicious pizza, and I am a complete pizza snob! And DH loved their tiramisu, his favorite dessert in the world which he is also very picky about. So this time we decided to try Tutto Italia. I'm looking forward to trying the lasagne I think, unless I change my mind when we're there. But from the menu description, it is made the same way the lasagna was made when I went to Florence, Italy and that was without a doubt the best lasagna I ever ate...even though we make homemade lasagna at home a lot and I don't typically order it at a restaurant.

Tutto Italia looks great! We have a dinner ADR there in a few weeks. We used to swear off Italian food on vacation because we are so picky about Italian food, but last time we figured let's try one of the Italy restaurants and we went to Via Napoli. It was amazingly delicious pizza, and I am a complete pizza snob! And DH loved their tiramisu, his favorite dessert in the world which he is also very picky about. So this time we decided to try Tutto Italia. I'm looking forward to trying the lasagne I think, unless I change my mind when we're there. But from the menu description, it is made the same way the lasagna was made when I went to Florence, Italy and that was without a doubt the best lasagna I ever ate...even though we make homemade lasagna at home a lot and I don't typically order it at a restaurant.

Hi Bonnie! We loved Tutto Italia! I was originally going to order the Bistecca (NY strip) and DW was going to get the Lasagna...but when she decided to order the Ravioli instead, I changed to the Lasagna and I'm glad I did. It was awesome!

I'm doing a full trip report if you'd like to follow along! Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Alan

Slide1_zps16e7064d.jpg

Cheshire Cafe - Magic Kingdom
Queen of Hearts Strawberry Cake Cup
White Rabbit's White Chocolate Cake Cup
Frozen Lemonade
Frozen Raspberry Lemonade

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter