Disney Food Pictures...Part V!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o26p2s3Vcv1rzxvpbo1_540.jpg

I have a bunch of pictures from June... lots happened since then so just getting around to organizing my photos now...

To start here is my first visit to Via Napoli, which I've wanted to try ever since it opened. This meal is definitely not my last!! During the meal I got up to use the restroom and was looking around at what people were eating at other tables - literally every plate looked better than the last. I cannot wait to return to Via Napoli!!!

Arancini appetizer and a cross section of what it looks like on the inside. I still daydream about these:

Lasagna Verde:

Pizza Margherita, delicious:

World Showcase Quick Service - one of my absolute favorite things on a Disney trip is eating all over World Showcase at the quick services. We share so that we can try lots of different things.

Kringla Bakeri, Norway - I think this was the ham and apple sandwich:

La Cantina, Mexico - fresh, hot churros (!!!!) and beef tacos:

Yorkshire County Fish Shop, UK - fish n' chips:

Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles, France - dinde BLT:

L'Artisan des Glaces, France - macaron ice cream sandwiches (chocolate and seasonal strawberry - both divine as always!!) and a scoop of milk chocolate and orange ice cream - it's chocolate with candied orange pieces throughout.

And finally, here are the pictures I'm the most excited to share. As a gift for my 30th birthday, my sister surprised me with a "Dine with an Imagineer" lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby. It was an INCREDIBLE experience - an intimate group of 10 (my sister and I, a young couple, a family with 3 teenage children and 1 solo diner) plus our wonderful imagineer in a private room at the Brown Derby with a gourmet 4-course meal served over a leisurely 2.5 hours full of inspirational and fascinating conversation. Our imagineer just happened to be one of the main people working on the brand new Frozen attraction in the Norway Pavilion which was opening the day after our lunch (and of course we got to ride it!!). Imagineer aside, strictly speaking of the food, this was by far the best meal I've ever had at Disney, and perhaps one of the best meals OF MY LIFE. I was so, so full by the end but I was going to be damned not to eat every last morsel of this meal.

first course - Zellwood Triple-Sweet Corn Bisque - rock shrimp beignets, chive oil, and sriracha (good GOD this was delicious!):

second course - Famous Cobb Salad - with finely chopped greens, turkey breast, egg, bacon, tomatoes, crumbled bleu cheese, avocado, chives and Cobb dressing:

third course - we had our choice of 3 entrees (one fish and one vegetarian, I believe) I chose Charred Filet of Beef - forest mushroom and white truffle oil mashed potatoes, sauteed rainbow carrots, haricot verts, red wine reduction (this is probably the best filet I've ever eaten):

fourth course - mini dessert sampler, including grapefruit cake, double vanilla bean crème brulee, and Chocolate Sphere with hazelnut praline chocolate and orange white chocolate mousse

and a close-up of the cute little chocolate derby hat:

back from a wonderful 2 weeks that included a RIDICULOUS amount a food (especially mac and cheese), so here are some of the many food pics, enjoy and drool! The first few are breakfast at Olivia's and then dinner at Homecoming (which was AMAZING)
GOPR1320.JPG GOPR1321.JPG GOPR1344.JPG GOPR1346.JPGGOPR1349.JPGGOPR1350.JPG

Jungle canteen grub GOPR1434.JPGGOPR1436.JPG GOPR1443.JPGGOPR1446.JPG

Last edited:
Frontera (the best meal of the holiday)
below is coctel rojo and guacamole with chips (verde)
GOPR1627.JPG

Shrimp Mojo de Ajo
GOPR1630.JPG

Shrimp Enchiladas Suizas (i still dream of this)
GOPR1629.JPG

Yak and Yeti
Tuna nachos (<3)
IMG_4422.JPG

Malaysian Seafood Curry
IMG_4423.JPG

Wantons
IMG_4424.JPG

Tiffins

bread before the meal
IMG_3957.JPG

octopus (incredible)
IMG_3958.JPG

Lobster popcorn soup
IMG_3960.JPG

Grilled head-on prawns
IMG_3962.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter