Disney Food Pictures...Part IV!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to laugh about the part where the "onions weren't carmelized" - when I had the onion soup in August - I HAD NO onions!!! Broth, cheese and bread. Headbanger!! PS Figment is aDORable;)

I haven't gone thru this whole thread but has anyone eaten at Turf Club at SSR? Is it good? Any pics of stuff I should try? Eating there for the first time on 10/21.

Pictures from some of our previous trips, we usually go once per vacation and always enjoy it.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41357586&postcount=1635

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40066011&postcount=1419

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=39840540&postcount=1356

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34147267&postcount=201

We ate at The Turf Club a couple of years ago and it wasn't amazing but it was good. I'd go back again. I wish that I knew where my food picture were so that I could post them.

Thanks. It's got ok reviews on AllEars too. I think I'll we'll keep our ADR and give it a shot. I like trying at least one new restaurant each trip! ::yes::

Oh yes, I love the pic of Remy and Figment! The 'where did you come from/who do you think you are' look on Remy's face is hilarious! :rotfl:

Continuing with re-posting Figment Goes to the Flower & Garden (& Food) Festival...

Les Chefs de France (Epcot, Lunch)
For one of the last meals of the trip, Figment headed to France to say "hi" to Remy. The meals starts with a baguette and butter.

DSC_0045_1_zps981a7e91.jpg

For his appetizers, Figment had the Soupe a l'oignon gratinee (top) and the Bisque de homard (bottom). The onion soup broth and cheese topping has very good flavor, but Figment forgot that the onions aren't caramelized. They're cooked (soft), but not browned, so some of the flavor is missing and the onions themselves aren't that tasty. The bisque is very good and has pieces of lobster.

DSC_0040_1_zps48d9a639.jpg

DSC_0047_1_zpsc7b28460.jpg

While waiting for the entrees to arrive, Remy came by to say "hi". Figment always likes seeing Remy.

DSC_0063_1_zps3fd8408b.jpg

For his entree, Figment had the Plat de Cote de boeuf au cabernet avec pates. The short ribs are fork tender. The sauce is very good and goes well with the noddles.

DSC_0072_1_zpsa8796830.jpg

For dessert, Figment had the Biscuit sable Breton, compote de rhubarbe a l'orange, fraise fraiches, sorbet rhubarbe et fraise (top) and the Profiteroles au Chocolat (bottom). The strawberry dessert was very good; light and fluffy, with fresh strawberries. The profiteroles were very good. They were filled with ice cream and topped with chocolate sauce. These shells with tender on the inside, but still crisp on the outside. Very yummy!

DSC_0074_1_zps38bb2d10.jpg

DSC_0091_1_zps5faab493.jpg

Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian Resort, Dinner)
For the final dinner of the trip, Figment returned to Narcoossee's. Narcoossee's is still Figment's favorite restaurant in Disney World. The food is always excellent and the service is outstanding.

The meal starts with sourdough bread and butter dusted with sea salt.

DSC_0128_1_zps1de51880.jpg

DSC_0133_1_zps57b2feff.jpg

We got to know our server pretty well from our visits over the last few years, so he brought Figment his own drink!

DSC_0137_1_zps93d15884.jpg

For Figment's appetizer, he got the calamari. It was as good as usual, with crispy batter and tender calamari.

DSC_0145_1_zpsab9c3d04.jpg

For his entrees, he had the Steamed Main Lobster (top), the Butter-poached Maine Lobster Tail with Grilled Filet Mignon (middle), and the Crab Cakes with Grilled Filet Mignon (bottom). The lobster was really yummy and excellently prepared. The Filet Nignons were very good and the lobster tail and crab cakes were also really good. (Figment substituted the crab cakes for the lobster tail on one dish due to an allergy.) All of the entrees were excellent.

DSC_0166_1_zps2fa72020.jpg

DSC_0153_1_zpseb6fecf9.jpg

DSC_0161_1_zpsbc8e5939.jpg

Then it was time for dessert. Figment decided to have his favorites because this was the last night of the trip. So it was time for the Almond-crusted Cheesecake (top), Mango Sorbet with Fresh Berries (middle), and the Chocolate Torte (bottom). They were all very yummy.

DSC_0218_1_zps36aca517.jpg

DSC_0216_1_zpsa14a5a64.jpg

DSC_0226_1_zpsd9c279c9.jpg

Next time...snack and other goodies from WDW! And then (Figment is saying "finally!"), Figment's review of the Tables in Wonderland Great Movie Ride Dinner Event!

I'm getting a kick out of Figment the Food Critic. He is wonderful!! :rotfl2: :goodvibes

We just returned Friday and did the deluxe dining plan. We had a Signature Dinner every night but our two favorite meal we lunches on our arrival (Tutto Italia) and departure day ( Raglan Road). Sorry the photos are so large. I have never posted photos here before and I had trouble editing them.

Tutto Grand Antipasto Misto. This counts as 2 appetizers.
DSC00210_zps31a45332.jpg

Calamari Fritti. This is an appitiser but we had it as one off our entrees
DSC00211_zpsfd6ae95f.jpg

Lasagna alla Bolognese
DSC00214_zps5c581b18.jpg

Cannoli
DSC00220_zpseab1ef1a.jpg

Ricotta Cheesecake
DSC00217_zps4464c9fd.jpg

Raglan Road

Tart Art
DSC00261_zps2eaabc66.jpg

Kiss Before Shrimp
DSC00262_zpsbb45f5c7.jpg

Keen Eye for Shepherd's Pie- This is much larger then it looks
DSC00264_zpsdc2b2872.jpg

Fish & Chips
DSC00265_zps3ad53e64.jpg

Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding
DSC00272_zpsa285ccaa.jpg

Black Forest Kiss - One of best desserts on our trip
DSC00273_zpsafb5b96e.jpg

I had to laugh about the part where the "onions weren't carmelized" - when I had the onion soup in August - I HAD NO onions!!! Broth, cheese and bread. Headbanger!! PS Figment is aDORable;)

So you're saying you had French OnionLESS Soup? ;)

ok so today i only had time to upload a few things. mostly just the meals i had on the 1st day of my trip last week. im gonna get around to throwing up a food trip report later on for some reviews i think but for today i got these few things. i'll probably get the rest of them up later tommorow in multiple posts

Yak & Yeti Pot Stickers by Imsoscared, on Flickr

so this isnt on the menu but they were offering a grilled mahi mahi instead of the normal 1.

Grilled Mahi Mahi by Imsoscared, on Flickr

Sorbet Trio by Imsoscared, on Flickr

Lobster and something else amuse bouche from jiko by Imsoscared, on Flickr

Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin from Jiko by Imsoscared, on Flickr

sorbet amuse bouche from Jiko by Imsoscared, on Flickr

Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon with mac&cheese from Jiko by Imsoscared, on Flickr

Chocolate and Tea Safari from Jiko by Imsoscared, on Flickr

african margarita by Imsoscared, on Flickr

butterfinger cupcake from starring rolls by Imsoscared, on Flickr

So you're saying you had French OnionLESS Soup? ;)

Yep! You heard it here first, folks! It was like: nothing under the cheese...nothing under the bread....how the heck can one forget the freakin' ONIONS!!!! It's French ONION soup!!! Not even a sorry little shadow of one:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Voodoo Shrimp

b0vo.jpg

Cornbread with Jalepenos and Maple Butter

48nc.jpg

Jambalaya

6xu6.jpg

Lobster Mac & Cheese

1yzf.jpg

Key Lime Pie

r7tn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter