Not open for further replies.
Ruben at the Plaza House

IMG_0036.jpg

Le Cellier:

New York Cheesecake To Go, couldn't finish it there
IMG_6892.jpg

Mushroom Filet-uber yummy!
IMG_6889.jpg

New York Strip Steak and Raspberry Chocolate Smoother, Dad couldn't wait to jump in on that steak

IMG_6890.jpg

Thanks Karlise! It looks like it would take a few hours to get to the
bottom of this Veggie Tower!!!!!!!

I think it may look a bit bigger than it is due to that huge mound of fried rice noodles. I'm not sure anyone actually eats those, it's more of a decoration. It was a FULL plate though!

Had to post the WONDERFUL pineapple coconut bread pudding with bananas foster sauce since there is a very possible chance that it will no longer be offered at 'Ohana :sad2: :sad2:

1315248726_fc112086b9.jpg

OMG!!! :thumbsup2 This looks absolutely heavenly!! I have got to get that on our trip! Ohanas here I come!!! ::yes::

I'm going to post a few from Memorial Day Wknd .... I don't seem to have photographed everything like I normally do, so I'll just have to post what I have! :confused3

Here's our lunch at the Rose & Crown - UK

We'll start with the appetizers - This is the Samosas (DH ordered). I found them to be quite spicy, but DH loved 'em!

DisneyMemorialDay2008124.jpg

Since the kids' meals all come with an "appetizer", DS got the potato leek soup:

DisneyMemorialDay2008127.jpg

And DD, being the ever healthy eater that she is, got the veggies & dip:

DisneyMemorialDay2008125.jpg

We also had bread & butter served (no charge):

DisneyMemorialDay2008122.jpg

Okay - I'll put the entrees in another post - due to size considerations! :thumbsup2

Okay --- Continuation of our lunch @ Rose & Crown - UK

I had the Ploughman's Lunch:

DisneyMemorialDay2008138.jpg

(I found this to be quite yummy - especially since I didn't want to eat a lot of HOT food on a HOT FL afternoon!) :sunny:

DH had the Shepherd's Pie:

DisneyMemorialDay2008134.jpg

DS had the child's portion of Shepherd's Pie:

DisneyMemorialDay2008136.jpg

(Now y'all just know my 8 yr old dove right in to those peas, don't you!?!) :rotfl2:

DD had the child' portion of Bangers & Mash:

DisneyMemorialDay2008135.jpg

(I must say, this was quite a lot of food for a child's meal. She didn't eat all of it, so we got a taste - YUMMY! :thumbsup2 )

Up next: The kids' desserts! :banana:

Yes, you just go up to the counter (in the middle) and there are forms you can fill out. First you choose what you want - rice krispy treat, marshmallows, pretzel rods, huge oreo, etc. Then you can pick what you want it rolled and dipped in. So many wonderful choices!!!

Enjoy ... and go soon since you're a local. I'm jealous. :goodvibes

Maybe this is where I'm confused- is this at MK or DTD? I was thinking of the candy shop at MK.

Finally ..... the moment you've all been waiting for ........... DESSERT! :rotfl:

We are still at the Rose & Crown - UK
Since the kids' meals come with dessert, both children opted for the ice cream sundae! :thumbsup2 They each insisted that I photograph Before, During and After, so we have multiple photos here for your (child's) enjoyment! ;)

This is DD's creation:

DisneyMemorialDay2008141.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay2008143.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay2008144.jpg

This is DS's creation:

DisneyMemorialDay2008140.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay2008142.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay2008147.jpg

This concludes our luncheon at the Rose & Crown. Thank you. popcorn::

You'll be there before I will. If you get any, make sure to come back and tell us what you think about it. I would love to be able to buy some and enjoy it back on our balcony at the WL while the DS's are falling alseep.

Will do, may stillbe a little tipsy but i will do my best :rotfl2:

In-Room Dining at the AKL!!

Taste of Boma - Rotisserie Chicken, Fish of the Day, and Afri-crusted Prime Rib served with Cornmeal Pap.
IMG_1327.jpg

Appetizer - Chilled Shrimp Cocktail
IMG_1326.jpg

Potato Soup
IMG_1332.jpg

Ham Sandwich
IMG_1329.jpg

Kids Chicken Strips
IMG_1328.jpg

Looks yummy, where can I find the in-room dining menu?

Thanks a bunch :thumbsup2

I'm going to post a few from Memorial Day Wknd .... I don't seem to have photographed everything like I normally do, so I'll just have to post what I have! :confused3

Here's our lunch at the Rose & Crown - UK

We'll start with the appetizers - This is the Samosas (DH ordered). I found them to be quite spicy, but DH loved 'em!

DisneyMemorialDay2008124.jpg

What is Samosas! I've never heard of it! Now Bangers & Mash was a staple groing up as was shepherds pie. It was a leftover meal, the sunday roast was ground up with onin and veggies and heated up witngravy and then leftover potatoes mashed up and put on top and baked. As Lamb is very popular in England it was often made with lamb! Thought you;d like a little background info!!

What is Samosas! I've never heard of it! Now Bangers & Mash was a staple groing up as was shepherds pie. It was a leftover meal, the sunday roast was ground up with onin and veggies and heated up witngravy and then leftover potatoes mashed up and put on top and baked. As Lamb is very popular in England it was often made with lamb! Thought you;d like a little background info!!

To answer your question, this is the description from the menus posted on allearsnet:
Samosas - Indian-inspired pockets stuffed with spiced vegetables served with greens and tamarind and mango sauces

I would describe it as something similar to a won-ton type pastry with SPICY filling! One of them had potatoes inside I think. I would have sworn the other has some sausage mixed with the veggies, but the description doesn't mention it. :confused3 It really was too spicy for me, so I only took 1 bite.

Also, that night, while in Adventureland at the MK, DH discovered Samosas at a quick service cart - I think it's the Egg Roll Wagon. He & DS are looking forward to some from the cart on our upcoming trip. They had some that night @ the MK & said they were delicious! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the background on Shepherd's Pie! We love this dish!!! :love: We've had it at both Raglan Road and Rose & Crown. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter