Disney Food Pictures...Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
foodghiradellisveryberrysundae.jpg
That looks soooo good!! Are those chocolate covered blue berries on top?

What is 'grits'?

OK, since you are from the UK I will be understanding about your lack of knowledge about one of the best southern side dishes in the land. ;) :lmao:

Grits are hominy (corn brined in a lye solution) that have been dried and ground into an extremely course meal that is boiled like polenta, they are prominently served in the southern US as a side dish. Grits can be served sweet (with butter sugar and milk) or savory (made with meat stock or have seasonings and/or cheeses added). Grits can present themselves at any meal since they have such a wide variety of flavoring options. Often grits are served like porridge, sometimes they are cooled and cut small cakes and fried, and more and more are being used as the starch component to many entrees. Hope that helps you out!!

:thumbsup2

What is 'grits'?

Girls Raised In The South

But seriously, get your heiney down to a Cracker Barrell, order up some with some country ham & biscuits, then add sugar/sweetener to 'em. Oh my gosh, SO good.

I think I know what I want for breakfast!

Are there grits anywhere at WDW??? Buffets??

I believe a number of the restaurants at WDW who offer breakfast have them available (including buffets)......many people like them in the morning with sugar and butter, but I like mine with a little salt, pepper, butter and a fried egg with a runny yolk......now I know what I want for breakfast tomorrow! :rotfl:

I also know Coral Reef offers a Blackened Catfish served on pepper-jack cheese grits topped with smoked tomato compote and balsamic vinegar.......this is one of my favorite dishes on WDW property too.

There are grits on the buffet at Cape May Cafe character breakfast and you can get them at POR.

The Coral Reef catfish and grits is my favorite food at WDW!!!! YUM.... wish I could recreate that one:thumbsup2

What is that? It looks liked rolled tortillas

Lefse is a thin like a tortilla, but it's potato based instead of corn or flour. You smear it in butter and sprinkle it with sugar for the traditional Norsk way of eating 'em. Not sure if Disney does it this way or not...:confused3 I would assume so!

OOOHHH.... don't be addingg sugar and milk to grits:confused3 Grits are best with butter and salt and maybe cheese:love:

OOOHHH.... don't be addingg sugar and milk to grits:confused3 Grits are best with butter and salt and maybe cheese:love:

I completely agree......them darn Yankees gotta go put sugar on em'!!! :lmao:
For me grits are better as a savory item.......that's how I learned to eat'em as a child in the south!

I also know Coral Reef offers a Blackened Catfish served on pepper-jack cheese grits topped with smoked tomato compote and balsamic vinegar.......this is one of my favorite dishes on WDW property too.
That's what I had the last time I was there - an excellent meal. :thumbsup2

I completely agree......them darn Yankees gotta go put sugar on em'!!! :lmao:
For me grits are better as a savory item.......that's how I learned to eat'em as a child in the south!

I used to do savory grits, but then I got the stomach flu the same night I had cheese grits, and let's just say that it's never been the same...:sick:

I used to do savory grits, but then I got the stomach flu the same night I had cheese grits, and let's just say that it's never been the same...:sick:

That's why I don't eat apples!!! They will just never be the same... and that was 32 years ago!!! I guess you just never get over it....:confused3

DH eats them with maple syrup
Aunt eats them with cream, butter and sugar
Uncle eats them with bacon and cheese
And I dont eat them at all, to me it is like having a mouthful of gritty dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter