Disney Food Pictures...Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
quixotic value - i get totally annoyed when people ask questions and don't post pictures, but now i'm doing it! :rolleyes1 anyway, i have to ask you......did you (or whoever ordered it) like the tuna oscar at kona? i'm thinking about ordering it next time. also, what was your impression of mama melrose? it gets mixed reviews and we're eating there in april. thanks for the pics! :goodvibes

Le Cellier (lunch) - January 31, 2008

Yummy breadsticks. We should of just requested all pretzel bread!

IMG_0929.jpg

Shrimp Cocktail - with wasabi slaw and horseradish-chili sauce (best part about it was the wasabi slaw. We ordered this in 2006, was MUCH better back then.)

IMG_0930.jpg

Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich - on a toasted brioche roll with Black Diamond Cheddar Cheese and shallot mayonnaise. (Ordered without mayonnaise)

IMG_0932.jpg

Seared Salmon Salad - with frisee, poached pears, basmati rice, candied walnuts and bacon-sherry vinaigrette (Substituted with pecan-shallot vinaigrette and put on the side)

IMG_0933.jpg

Free mousse given to Dbf as a birthday surprise

IMG_0934.jpg

quixotic value - i get totally annoyed when people ask questions and don't post pictures, but now i'm doing it! :rolleyes1 anyway, i have to ask you......did you (or whoever ordered it) like the tuna oscar at kona? i'm thinking about ordering it next time. also, what was your impression of mama melrose? it gets mixed reviews and we're eating there in april. thanks for the pics! :goodvibes

Hi there! :wave:

I was the one who orderd the tuna oscar. It was delicious! However, you have to like tuna to get this. I ordered it rare, which is how I like it and it was just about room temperture in the middle. If you order it medium or especially well done, it will probably get a little tough on you. The wasabi sauce could of used more wasabi, but I am a spiciness-freak, I love anything spicy and I guess my taste buds have just degenerated. The crab tempura was pretty good, good sized pieces of crab. The tomatoes were delicious with the tuna and the sauce!! And the asparagus just capped it off. Over all, it was great, I recommend it!

Mama Melrose's was just okay. Dbf enjoyed his flatbread but he liked the one at Tony's much much better (he's a pizza/flatbread snob). The artisan breads and spreads were okay, the bread was cold... blegh. The spaghetti fra diavolo was pretty good. Definiately the best part was the shellfish. The spiciness wasn't there at all, although like I said, I'm a spiciness-freak. The cake was dry but good.

Overall, you will get a pretty nice meal but not the greatest. In my opinion, Hollywood Brown Derby and 50's Prime Time is better.

Later on the day, we really really really wanted some sticky toffee pudding so we walked up (with no ressies) at around 2:55 to...

Rose & Crown - January 31, 2008

Sticky toffee pudding!!!! The best dessert EVER!

IMG_0954.jpg

Tokyo Dining - January 31, 2008

This was Dbf's actual birthday dinner. He got the stomach flu about halfway through the day... poor guy!

Tofu Salad - Soft tofu with mixed greens. Choice of dressing: Ginger, Creamy Sesame, or Oriental (I picked ginger--yummmm)

IMG_0974.jpg

Grilled Breast of Chicken - Grilled chicken breast served with seasonal vegetables, steamed rice, and your choice of original Japanese sauce: teriyaki, ponzu or miso (He picked teriyaki. He also requested everything seperate since he wasn't feeling very well)

IMG_0975.jpg

Spicy Tuna Roll - Spicy tuna mix, cucumber, green onions and sesame seed

IMG_0976.jpg

Matsunoma Roll - Grilled eel on top of cucumber and egg omelet roll with eel sauce

IMG_0978.jpg

Free Chocolate Ginger Cake from the restaurant! It was pretty good... nice flavor and texture to it.

IMG_0980.jpg

Plaza Resaurant -February 2, 2008

The cool menu

IMG_1214-1.jpg

Ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise (don't ask why we took a picture of this :confused3 )

IMG_1234.jpg

Grilled Chicken Sandwich - grilled chicken breast topped with shaved ham and swiss cheese served on a flour-dusted Kaiser (ordered with sweet potato chips)

IMG_1236.jpg

Vegetarian Sandwich - fresh mozzarella, hummus, basil pesto, cucumber, roasted red pepper, vine-ripened tomato, and lettuce on a freshly baked foccaccia bread served with sweet potato chips

IMG_1237.jpg

Brownie Sundae - vanilla ice cream and a fudge brownie topped with hot fudge, whipped cream and a cherry (We got this with tollhouse cookie swirl instead of plain ol' vanilla)

IMG_1240.jpg

'50s Prime Time Cafe - February 3, 2008

Took this cool picture while we were waiting for our table. I just love the ambiance!

IMG_1284.jpg

Stacked Sandwich - Your choice of smoked turkey or ham on seven grain bread, lettuce, tomatoes, Swiss cheese and mayonnaise, served with a house salad or potato chips (he asked for no lettuce, tomatoes, and mayonnaise... also got with potato chips)

IMG_1292.jpg

Roasted Pepper - stuffed with whole grains and smoked ratatouille

IMG_1293.jpg

Dbf HATES pickles! Ew

IMG_1295.jpg

S'mores

IMG_1301.jpg

Well... thats it!! Any questions?

'50s Prime Time Cafe - February 3, 2008

S'mores

IMG_1301.jpg

Well... thats it!! Any questions?

Are the Smore's served warm...aka gooey marshmellows? We had a horrible experience in 2000 at 50's Prime Time, but those Smore's might have be going back just for dessert. :)

Here's some I took on our last trip (Nov. 2007):

Chef Mickey
P1000944.jpg

Desert was the best!
P1000950.jpg

Prime Time:
Apple Cobbler
P1000819.jpg

Angel Cake w/berries
P1000818.jpg

Brownie something or other (sorry can't remember)
P1000817.jpg

Pot Roast
P1000816.jpg

And more:
Sci-Fi
The Ribs
P1000696.jpg

Beef Salad
P1000695.jpg

ONion Rings
P1000694.jpg

Cheesecake Surprise
P1000698.jpg

LeCellier
Chocolate-on-Chocolate Whiskey Cake
P1000608.jpg

Are the Smore's served warm...aka gooey marshmellows? We had a horrible experience in 2000 at 50's Prime Time, but those Smore's might have be going back just for dessert. :)

While we got a bleh server (wasn't into the act at all) the s'mores were declared "awesome" by Dbf. He said that they were warm, just not really hot. They were pretty sticky but also very sweet. He wasn't able to finish it all.

50s prime time has some really yummy stuff....have no idea why I ordered meatloaf when I went:rotfl:

50s prime time has some really yummy stuff....have no idea why I ordered meatloaf when I went:rotfl:

The thing about 50's PTC is the fact the food is comfortable. They are not trying to be more than the restaurant is. We really love all the food here, and we seem to love the fried chicken, pot roast and meatloaf the best. Food like this is supposed to take you back to Mom's kitchen' and I think they succeed. Not fancy, just good food and good times!!

:thumbsup2

You can subscribe to this thread by selecting thread tools and then clicking on subscribe. Nice alternative to having to post to subscribe :thumbsup2

Still waiting for first pictures:rolleyes1

Subbing....I did click on tools/subscribe....didn't work for me:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter