Disney Florist Welcome Baskets?

MissMagnolia

DIS Veteran
Hi,
A previous poster - jakensydsmom - posted this on another site:

"I had the Disney florist make us a basket with autograph books, fat pens, a small Disney stuffed animal, mickey ears balloons and Disney themed snacks and had it delivered to our room for check as a surprise for the kids. They loved it!"

I was wondering if anyone else had done this and how to go about it - I posted the following but received no response:

How did you go about getting the basket for the room? The items you included are exactly what I would love to have waiting for my DD3 and DS6 when we arrive at Disney. Were you able to pick out the items ahead of time so you could see what they were or did you trust the CM to put it together? Our August trip is our DD's "way to go - mastering the potty" trip and I want it to be as special as I can because she's done an awesome job. BTW, we are staying at the BC (I didn't know if you contacted the resort directly or if there was a general Disney florist).

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I would love to know this too. Ferelpeg on the boards makes them. If you pm her she can tell you what costs are and such. I have read how awesome her baskets are. I would say contact her! :goodvibes

http://www.peggyssweetsandmore.com/

I am not sure if this is who you are talking about, but I have been on her website before. She does some pretty cool stuff. I heard about her on another post and everyone there was really happy with her work. I plan to send a basket to my kids when we go next spring.

lnh'smom said:
http://www.peggyssweetsandmore.com/

I am not sure if this is who you are talking about, but I have been on her website before. She does some pretty cool stuff. I heard about her on another post and everyone there was really happy with her work. I plan to send a basket to my kids when we go next spring.

She was talking about Peggy also --- Feralpeg is her screen name here on Dis. I agree she is great.

OP - If you have any specific questions about Disney Florist, I have used them before....they do a good job and you can put anything in the basket that you wish, however it is probably more cost effective and easier to contact Peg. Peg is a sweetheart to deal with. :goodvibes

Thanks for the gift basket idea stuff!! It probably wasn't your intention to get people to look into getting them, but I'm gonna work on talking my parents into getting me & my sisters one to share--3 of us, 3 plush toys per basket!! Thanks again!

I can definitely recommend Peggy (Feralpeg). :thumbsup2 She made up halloween gift bags with balloons for my boys and they were wonderful! She asked what they liked and I gave a price range. The bags included those light up spinner toys and coloring books. They were waiting at the desk when we checked in.
She did a great job customizing them and I was very happy with how they truned out. :)

Sorry! I didn't get cc'd on your question about the gift baskets! I arranged the basket through the concierge service. I told them what I wanted and they took care of everything (except the bill). It was so cute with the balloons tied to it and was in the room when we checked in. Perfect! I think you can also arrange it through 407-WDW-DINE and if not, they would surely give you the florist's number. Good luck!

jakensydsmom said:
Sorry! I didn't get cc'd on your question about the gift baskets! I arranged the basket through the concierge service. I told them what I wanted and they took care of everything (except the bill). It was so cute with the balloons tied to it and was in the room when we checked in. Perfect! I think you can also arrange it through 407-WDW-DINE and if not, they would surely give you the florist's number. Good luck!
Just wondering how much you paid. If you don't mind.

It was three years ago, so I'm not entirely sure, but knowing my spending thresholds, if I remember correctly I originally priced two baskets - one for each child - and they were about $35 each, so I think I did one combined basket and it was under $50. I really doubt I would have spent more than $50 on this.

I just got done setting up a very... uhm, complete, set of special surprises for my wife during our anniversary trip next week. One of which was a variety of items to be in the room when we arrive. Jennifer at the Disney Florist has done a wonderful job seeing to it that everthing is getting to where it needs to be, when it needs to be there.

The Disney Florist (407-827-3505), www.disneyflorist.com , not only has several nice things available, but can use anything in the parks (or available through Private Dining, etc.) to make up whatever you like and get it delivered wherever you need. They're great folks who have direct access to the folks "behind the scenes" so that special locations/times are not a problem.

Hope this helps.

Bob

MissMagnolia said:
Hi,
A previous poster - jakensydsmom - posted this on another site:

"I had the Disney florist make us a basket with autograph books, fat pens, a small Disney stuffed animal, mickey ears balloons and Disney themed snacks and had it delivered to our room for check as a surprise for the kids. They loved it!"

I was wondering if anyone else had done this and how to go about it - I posted the following but received no response:

How did you go about getting the basket for the room? The items you included are exactly what I would love to have waiting for my DD3 and DS6 when we arrive at Disney. Were you able to pick out the items ahead of time so you could see what they were or did you trust the CM to put it together? Our August trip is our DD's "way to go - mastering the potty" trip and I want it to be as special as I can because she's done an awesome job. BTW, we are staying at the BC (I didn't know if you contacted the resort directly or if there was a general Disney florist).

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I've never had a welcome basket delivered on our previous trips but I sure am this time, Peggy (Feralpeg) will be getting my order within a week or so, still trying to figure out what all to get, Mountain Dew will be a given ;) DH loves the Dew.

The hard part is keeping it secret, Paypal is so hard as it goes to our bankaccount and he would see what I've done :rolleyes1

Doh! And I love secret stuff :rolleyes: too! To see the look on their faces when we get to the room and the basket is there (if there is a runner to get it there before us)

How to do this!!!??? Argh for joint bankaccounts :rotfl2:

I also got a basket from Peggy and can't wait for my family to see it!

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate everyone's ideas. I am going to price out Disney Florist and Peggy and see which is more cost efficient. It looks like there is a flat $20.00 charge on top of the items for Peggy - if the cost that jakensydsmom is still close (a few years later) then disneyflorist might be better. Decisions, decisions. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter