Disney Fantasy stateroom 8164

MichellelovesMickey

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any information on this specific room? I cannot find very much info. We just booked it for a December 2015 Eastern Caribbean. We just stayed in 10662 two weeks ago and NEVER AGAIN will I do Deck 10.....while we loved the location and the deck was huge and I personally used it often, being woken up 7 mornings in a row at 5:30am by tables & deck chairs being dragged upstairs at Cabanas was not for me. THEN you think you can take a nap around 2-3, but nope thats cleanup time. The deck itself for Cabanas was above our bed!!!! Maybe other deck 10 rooms are not as bad. Anyway, there are NO 5E's available for next year so we booked 8164. I have stayed in 7620 on the Magic and LOVED it, but just wondered what this one would be like?

Not sure about your cabin on the Fantasy, but I was in 8186 on the Dream in August. I loved being on Deck 8. Very quiet and great location. I hope that you enjoy yours!

We stayed in 8660, which looks like it is directly across from 8162 (next to your cabin), so it should be pretty representative of your location. We did not experience engine vibrations or noise from decks around us. We loved the proximity to Cabanas. Your cabin may open up in front of the landing area for the aft elevators (like 8662 did next to us), but there was no mid-ship detective stop on that landing, so there was not a ton of people lingering and making noise.

We liked the location a lot and would book that area again.

Does anyone have any information on this specific room? I cannot find very much info. We just booked it for a December 2015 Eastern Caribbean. We just stayed in 10662 two weeks ago and NEVER AGAIN will I do Deck 10.....while we loved the location and the deck was huge and I personally used it often, being woken up 7 mornings in a row at 5:30am by tables & deck chairs being dragged upstairs at Cabanas was not for me. THEN you think you can take a nap around 2-3, but nope thats cleanup time. The deck itself for Cabanas was above our bed!!!! Maybe other deck 10 rooms are not as bad. Anyway, there are NO 5E's available for next year so we booked 8164. I have stayed in 7620 on the Magic and LOVED it, but just wondered what this one would be like?

We stayed in 8166 (next door to 8164) and we LOVED this room location. It is very quiet but yet close to the elevators...right around the corner but we never did have much noise or traffic going through b/c we were aft. It was a great location and the elevator comes right out at Cabanas! There was a tad bit of vibration but it never did bother us....we rebooked this same room for our 2016 cruise!:goodvibes

I just got assigned this room on the May 9th Fantasy and have been searching for info as well. I did find one review for this room on the Dream and it was a good review. I will try to remember to come back and post details after our cruise.

I have this cabin booked for later in the year and would love to read your views or see pictures when you return. Thank you

I am staying in this room on the May 2nd cruise. I also looked all over and couldn't find much of anything. When I get back I will try to post some pics and info. Hopefully that will help!

Noochez- We are OCD so we will leave it nice and clean for you :)

Thanks ptcbass!

I was able to find this regarding 8164. I was wondering how the balcony was and this definitely answered that question:
http://www.icruise.com/cabins/disney-cruises-cruises-disney-fantasy-cabin-8164.html

Yeah I seen that too. From looking at pics of the side of the ship I think it is one of the best 7A rooms. I will definitely post some pics. Unfortunately I probably can't do it till after your already in there. If I get a opportunity in San Juan I will try to.

I saw this as well. Unfortunately, it looks like they use the same picture for several category 7A cabins. I'm looking forward to seeing real pictures. Thanks

Yeah I noticed its the same pic for everything. They really shouldn't do that cause some have a lot more obstruction than others. All I had to go on was pics from the outside of the ship. Glad to help!! Hopefully by Wednesday of next week I can post.

I found reviews on 8662 (which is other side of the ship), reviews said very little obstruction. So I'm hopeful that it looks like the picture!!! Can't wait!!!

Here you go.... [GALLERY=]image.jpg [/GALLERY]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 126
Obstruction isn't bad at all! Love the room!! I will post more pics next week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 79
We just stayed in 10662 two weeks ago and NEVER AGAIN will I do Deck 10.....while we loved the location and the deck was huge and I personally used it often, being woken up 7 mornings in a row at 5:30am by tables & deck chairs being dragged upstairs at Cabanas was not for me. THEN you think you can take a nap around 2-3, but nope thats cleanup time. The deck itself for Cabanas was above our bed!!!!

Don't give up on deck 10 that quick. We have stayed in 10524 on the Fantasy and 10526 on the Dream and they were very quiet. Senses spa is above you in that area and we didn't hear any noise above us. Also there isn't very many rooms forward of you so you don't get as many kids running up and down the hall.

Thanks for posting the picture. Very happy to see the obstruction is quite minimal. Have a GREAT cruise.

Had a great cruise and the room was wonderful. Now that we have tried a verandah room I don't know that we would do a cruise without one. We used it several times a day every day. Any questions about 8164?

First and foremost, very happy to hear you had a great cruise. Next, thank you for posting the pictures last weekend. They were great to see. I had a category 7A on the Magic last year with similar obstruction and it didn't affect us at all.

This will be our first cruise on the Fantasy and I do have one more question regarding the room. Does the door open right in to the elevator lobby and what is the noise like?

I hear you about the veranda. I had one on my very first cruise years ago and can't imagine not having one.

Thank you in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter