Disney Fantasy - May 28, 2016 - 7 Night Western Caribbean

Happy Saturday!
Since it is a rainy,yucky day here in TN I thought what better thing to do than pick some excursions.
We are going with Jewel beach break in Jamaica, Family beach day at Tiki beach in Grand Cayman, and Cozumel is still being decided. Castaway Cay we will spend the whole day on the beach. We tend to be one of the last families back. Only thing to decide is if I want to run the 5k. Any body else know what they are doing? Suggestions for Cozumel?

Also, I noticed I forgot to say our cabin number for the FE in my first post. We are in 8563.

Happy planning! We have at least made it to the year we get to cruise.

Kristan, Dewayne, and Kaleb

I LOVE the Playa Mia Beach excursion in Cozumel. The all inclusive package is great...and their mai tais are no joke. We had the greatest server while we lounged on the beach. He brought us anything and everything we needed! There is SO MUCH to do there, too (pools are nice and have slides, floating ocean playground, jetskis, parasailing, snorkeling...they have it all). We've also done Dolphinaris in Cozumel, which was cool, and the stingray excursion (not so great). I've not yet been to Nachi Cocum, but I hear it's great. It's one that you have to do on your own, though. Disney doesn't go there. It's also all inclusive.

In Grand Cayman we always to Tiki Beach. Did Rum Point once, which was nice, but it's a long trip over and back. When my little girl was younger, it was nice for the gentle surf. You lose a lot of time in the commute, though, and the cost of alcohol on Grand Cayman is ridiculous.

In Jamaica, I think we are just gonna hang at Margaritaville and check out the port. And Castaway Cay speaks for itself. We'll order a conch cooler ASAP and just take in the surroundings!

My husband is pretty set on seeing the Tulum ruins. My main concern is the ferry ride. I have read several accounts that it can be a really rough and many people turning green. My husband and son do not have sea sickness issues but I do. It's really the only thing my husband has requested to do on this vacation so I will take my meds and hope for the best.
Time to start thinking about FE gifts. I so love to plan vacations.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
138 days to go.

My husband is pretty set on seeing the Tulum ruins. My main concern is the ferry ride. I have read several accounts that it can be a really rough and many people turning green. My husband and son do not have sea sickness issues but I do. It's really the only thing my husband has requested to do on this vacation so I will take my meds and hope for the best.
Time to start thinking about FE gifts. I so love to plan vacations.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
138 days to go.
We went to tulum and we all got sick on the way over. Be prepared over 3\4 of folks on the ferry threw up. And the seas were calm that day. And i already had an ear patch sea sickness patch on.

Last edited:
I'm new to disboards and I'm still trying to figure out how it all works. I'm 17, traveling with my parents and younger sister (11). We are cruising to celebrate my graduation from high school and my mom's birthday! I created this to connect with others who will be on the same cruise and it looks like I came to the right place! I don't really understand what the fish extender is for, could someone please explain? Thanks :love:
I have a daughter who will be 17 too. Hopeto meet other teens at vibe. Fish extenders can be best explained via FE posts here or on pintrist. But basically you give a gift to each person on the list and they give you a gift. You hang a bag on the fish on your room door to receive the gifts.

We plan to do the horseback ride tour in Cozumel, The sea observer in Grand Cayman, the bobsled ride in Jamaica. Anyone else doing these?

We went to tulum and we all got sick on the way over. Be prepared over 3\4 of folks on the ferry threw up. And the seas were calm that day. And i already had an ear patch sea sickness patch on.

After showing my husband all the reviews on how many people get sick we have changed our plans. I am going to start researching hiring a private driver for the day. That way my husband can at least see San Gervasio ruins. Anybody have any recommendations for driver or other places we might want to see? Chocolate factory? Light house?

Kristan

Happy Saturday!
Since it is a rainy,yucky day here in TN I thought what better thing to do than pick some excursions.
We are going with Jewel beach break in Jamaica, Family beach day at Tiki beach in Grand Cayman, and Cozumel is still being decided. Castaway Cay we will spend the whole day on the beach. We tend to be one of the last families back. Only thing to decide is if I want to run the 5k. Any body else know what they are doing? Suggestions for Cozumel?

Also, I noticed I forgot to say our cabin number for the FE in my first post. We are in 8563.

Happy planning! We have at least made it to the year we get to cruise.

Kristan, Dewayne, and Kaleb
We are doing Xcaret excursion in Cozumel. Looks like an awesome day!!

This is our first cruise. My family would like to participate in FE.
We are Mary, Steve and our son Mike (8). We are in room 6501. Please include us on the list and thank you for volunteering to be in charge.

Just wanted to check in and let all know that we just moved this cruise to April 10 on the Magic. Unfortunately, I won't be able to organize the FE. :( You guys enjoy the Fantasy, she's a beautiful ship!

Hi all, my daughter (10) and I will be on this cruise. We are also doing the cruise right before this one, so a B2B. I was looking at booking a tour in Jamaica with Courtney Taylor Tours, which has great reviews on Trip Advisor, maybe to Blue Hole and Dunn River Falls. Would anyone else be interested?

Hi! We will be cruising and we will be doing the FE. We are going with a group and we have 4 cabins booked. There are 5 kids in our group ages ranging from just shy of 3-12 years old. We are so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter