**Disney Fantasy June 30th, 2012- EASTERN**

So what is an 'FE'? :confused3

Is there a scheduled Meet & Greet on board? I haven't read through all the posts....

The FE is a like a gift exchange: you sign up and exchange gifts with the cabins that are participating, this is a bad explaination (hopefully someone will have a better one). The are a lot of fun specially if you have little ones or medium ones on big ones. Guess they are fun for all ages.

Regarding a meet & greet yes we have one set at 3:00 (where I can't remember I will have to look and let you know later).

Don't for get to check out the Facebook page.

this information came from another sight

Spoke to the cruise line about some other topic, and asked about 4th.

Took awhile but she came back with the following:
Characters will be in special costumes, Ship will be decorated with red/white/blue, she thinks special dinner for 4th, and some other on board activities.

But no fireworks per thier information-data base she had access to.

Not necessarily - the first return leaves at 1:30, it's about 30 minutes - that gives us an hour or so before we head to the ship for a 3:30 all aboard.
thanks

Count us in! We are so excited!

Connie, Dave, Joshua (DS-6) and Jack (DS-3)

WELCOME!!!!

Characters will be in special costumes, Ship will be decorated with red/white/blue, she thinks special dinner for 4th, and some other on board activities.

I have to admit that I am a bit disapointed in no fireworks. The rest sounds cool, but that would have been awesome.

Dissappointed too. I was hoping they would just move Pirates night and do fireworks then. They are still doing Fireworks on the 3rd right?

I really am having mixed feelings about this full ship. I am super excited that we were able to take advantage of the upgrade and now we have even more DIsmembers cruising with us, but I just am so anxious about being on a 7 day cruise with 3 full sea days and a FULL ship in the middle of the Caribbean in July! HOT, no pools space and lots of sun. OUCH!!

Eeekkkk!!!!! I am the last person in the world that would go to Disney parks in high season and now I am thinking about the crowds on board..........This is seriously affecting my "cruise high".

DCL veterans----- please tell me it will still be a good trip
:yay:

The FE is a like a gift exchange: you sign up and exchange gifts with the cabins that are participating, this is a bad explaination (hopefully someone will have a better one). The are a lot of fun specially if you have little ones or medium ones on big ones. Guess they are fun for all ages.

Regarding a meet & greet yes we have one set at 3:00 (where I can't remember I will have to look and let you know later).

Don't for get to check out the Facebook page.

What FB page is it? There are tons!

So what excursions are you guys doing?

This is what we plan to do for our excursions:

St Maarten: Tour with Bernards
St Thomas: Champagne Sail
Castaway Cay: nothing planned, just chill and enjoy;) We may rent bikes and snorkel but no set plan:thumbsup2

Welcome to all the new cruisers!!! So excited to have you all join us. It is so much fun to have so many Diser's onboard!!

I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows about the two DisMeets that we have scheduled!

The first is a Pre-Cruise DisMeet if you can make it on June 29th at POR-River Roost at 830pm to see Yeehaa Bob perform.

The second is a DisMeet onboard on the 30th at 3pm at Vista Cafe-Deck 4, midship.

Hope to see you there:)

Eeekkkk!!!!! I am the last person in the world that would go to Disney parks in high season and now I am thinking about the crowds on board..........This is seriously affecting my "cruise high".

DCL veterans----- please tell me it will still be a good trip
:yay:

I wouldn't worry too much. One of the reasons we decided to do a cruise this week instead of going to the parks (or the beach) is that there is a built-in limit to the number of guests. The ships are designed to accommodate the full capacity number of guests and Disney is absolutely on the cutting edge of managing crowds.

The last cruise that we went on was totally booked and the only time we had to wait in a long line was pictures for Disney characters. There were some shorter lines for embarkation and food at castaway cay, but other than that, it was totally smooth sailing!

You will have a blast!!!:thumbsup2

We are staying at Country Inn & Suites Friday night too. We are hoping to get there in time to watch The Dream leave from port on Friday. Monarch of the Seas is heading out on Friday, too. We want to be out there waving at those onboard. If anyone will be there then and would like to join us, we'd love to meet up. :wave:

One of my closest friends (another DISer!) is going to be sailing on the Dream that day, so wave to her! :wave2:

I wouldn't worry too much. One of the reasons we decided to do a cruise this week instead of going to the parks (or the beach) is that there is a built-in limit to the number of guests. The ships are designed to accommodate the full capacity number of guests and Disney is absolutely on the cutting edge of managing crowds.

The last cruise that we went on was totally booked and the only time we had to wait in a long line was pictures for Disney characters. There were some shorter lines for embarkation and food at castaway cay, but other than that, it was totally smooth sailing!

You will have a blast!!!:thumbsup2

We were on a sold out Wonder in March and the only time I noticed was during Formal night and everyone wanted their pictures taken with Minnie and Mickey.

Welcome! Did you want to join the FE exchange? If so can I please have your room number?:cool1:

Count us in on the FE. From reading the thread I see it's being broken up into groups. How many in each group? Our cabin is 9610.

Thanks! :cool1:

Did you want to join the FE exchange? If so can I please have your room number?:cool1:

Hey Tweet, Count us in for FE3. It's me, Lynda (50) and my husband Mike (52) in stateroom 10044. No kids. Just us old folks ready to have a WONDERFUL time!! :cool1:

No offense meant, but a sold out Wonder/Magic is a different beast than a sold out Dream/Fantasy.

And based on our last cruise on the Dream, they had an awful time (actually, just awful effort - horrible CM experiences.......) managing the non-sold out crowd.

I'm hoping, since the Fantasy is a longer cruise, and the CMs slightly more vested in keeping folks happy, that there will be better effort.

We're preparing for lines for characters (which honestly, we'll probably only do on special costume nights) and pretty much NO pool time unless they want to get up super early to do it (which they might. They're early risers).

The pools are so small - smaller than Wonder/Dream - they'll be people soup for sure.

We are in too! Our family will include myself, DH, DD13, DD11, DD10mo, DSil. I am pretty excited! We are newbies!

WELCOME!!!

Is your DD13 planning on going to the kids clubs the first night? My DD13 is going but of course hates the idea of going alone. I told her the first night is when everyone gets there, meets people and friends form, so she said she would go try it out the first night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter