**Disney Fantasy June 30th, 2012- EASTERN**

Has anyone else read the post about 18 year olds not being allowed in the teen club now? How many people on this thread have 18-20 year olds going on the cruise? I was under the impression that my son would be able to participate in the Vibe if he so chose. Now that looks like it is not possible. I am honestly considering that we may have to cancel. I don't want a bored 18 year old! I wonder if DCL will make a better effort in this age group. :mad:

I will have an 18 year old on the cruise and I am hoping he will be with the college aged kids. He will not be in high school anymore and startring Pre-dental in the fall. He is not going to want to hang out with a bunch of kids younger than he is. I have heard great things about the college group they have and I am in no way going to stop him from hanging out with his new college level peers. It is time for them to grow and learn and no where better than to meet people and make new friends than on a Disney Cruise.

My husband says I am worrying way too much about this, and I probably am! My son is very mellow and laid back and gets along with everybody. He is planning on studying environmental science or geology-hydrology in the fall.

He will be fine. The college group seems to organize itself make their own plans. A few years ago my daughter was in that group and met great people she still talks to on facebook. This year my son will be a week from turning 18 when we sail but he is so shy I doubt he would do either group anyway.

Merry Christmas everybody. :santa::santa: Soon we will be able to say we are going on a cruise "this year" instead of "next year"!

Merry Christmas everbody. :santa::santa: Soon we will be able to say we are going on a cruise "this year" instead of "next year"!

You just made my day!!!! I have a widget on my phone that is a Mickey head and it counts down the days... 189 to go!!!

WoW! Sounds like he is going to be a busy beaver in college too!! Mine is the quiet type until he gets to know people. Maybe ours will just hang out together a lot.

We bought our airfare tickets today to Orlando . . . Florida here we come!!!:banana: And tomorrow we will be taking our cruise this year!!! No, I am not excited in the least.:woohoo:

A new FE list will be coming soon. A few more people have been added. I have found someone on the boards that is helping me use a different spread sheet. I found that as I was making some FE's the other night, I wanted to know what everyones ages were and that took me a little time to figure it all out. There must be a different way to do all this and since this is my first time volunteering, I asked for help. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. I know that I will be giving out my cell number so people can text me if there are any room changes. Are we having a cruise meet? :scared:

Are we having a cruise meet? :scared:

We enjoyed our cruise meet the one time we did it on our Princess cruise. It was nice to walk around the ship and see people you recognized throughout the rest of the trip. We met up the first day before anyone can actually get into their cabins and that seemed to work well. Since this is a new ship we will have to try to read the threads to see where the best place is to meet once the Fantasy actually starts traveling in March. Or, if any of us have already taken the Dream they might have an idea.

Scottygirl:
Is your child graduating High School this year? There are several teens on the FE list that are graduating, so I know he will fit in fine in the college crowd. Do not worry about it. Everything will be ok. Is it just you and your child going? That's what we are doing.

Scottygirl:
Is your child graduating High School this year? There are several teens on the FE list that are graduating, so I know he will fit in fine in the college crowd. Do not worry about it. Everything will be ok. Is it just you and your child going? That's what we are doing.

Yes he is graduating this May. Our travelling party includes me, dh, ds17, ds15 and dd15. Part of my concerns about the Teen Club is that ds turns 18 right before the cruise and he won't be able to hang with his brother and sister, but he probably doesn't want to do that anyway! Hopefully we will have a cruise meet and some of the "older" teens can meet each other. :dance3:

Happy New Year everyone! Can't wait for our cruise THIS Year. I have been waiting for almost a year and a half to say that.

I would love to have a cruise meet. Also, we will be at WDW for the week prior to the cruise if anyone wants to meet up there as well.

Nana got the kids carry-on bags for the cruise for their birthdays (we all have end of the year birthdays in our household), and they are finally starting to understand that we are going on a big trip this year. :goodvibes

Did anyone watch the float out of our ship? I was thinking about getting up, but I was so tired, finally rolled out of bed around 6:30 our time, turned on the computer and I saw the final stage of the float out, heard the announcement and the fireworks!!! Saw some clips on YOUTUBE, can't wait to see her in person, she looks beautiful!!!!

Now that the New Year is here, I am starting to get more into the swing of things to plan for our trip. Have you guys looked at excursions? I am at a loss, not sure what we are going to do.

What excursions are you guys planning on?

I watched- she is a beauty!

I havent thought much about excursions. I am looking forward to a relaxing week so maybe just some beach visits. I figured I would start planning and thinking of specifics once reports from the first passengers come back...cant wait to read the trip reports!

I am really looking forward to those trip reports. for now I am reading up on some of the Dream TR. Those are fun to read!

Did anyone watch the float out of our ship? I was thinking about getting up, but I was so tired, finally rolled out of bed around 6:30 our time, turned on the computer and I saw the final stage of the float out, heard the announcement and the fireworks!!! Saw some clips on YOUTUBE, can't wait to see her in person, she looks beautiful!!!!

Now that the New Year is here, I am starting to get more into the swing of things to plan for our trip. Have you guys looked at excursions? I am at a loss, not sure what we are going to do.

What excursions are you guys planning on?

I just saw some pics of the float out - so pretty!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter