Disney Fantasy Feb 15 Western Caribbean Latecomer Fish Extenders Group

WebsterFamily

Earning My Ears
Did you miss the sign up for the Fish Extender Exchange for the February 15th-February 22nd, 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean 7 Night Cruise? Join our latecomer fish extenders group!

Fish Extender (FE) - This is a fun "game" that is like a Secret Santa type idea. A Fish Extender (FE) itself is a pocket panel/bag you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then, as the cruise is underway, participants deliver little gifts to the others participating in the group by leaving them as a surprise in the fish extenders. Who doesn't love presents it's a ton of fun, not just for kids.

The deadline for this latecomer sign up is Friday, January 31st, 2014.

Guidelines for our fish extender:

1. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Saturday, February 15th until 4 PM on Friday, February 21st. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of February 22nd.

2. As far as the gifts... you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. It is the thought that counts. There are no strict rules regarding gifts (no minimum or maximum dollar value). Gifts can be homemade or storebought, Disney, non-Disney, totally up to you!

3. Please feel free to attach your DISboards name to your gift so we can know who to thank ☺

To take part in the FE, please private message WebsterFamily the following information or just post it in the thread below

-DISboard name
-stateroom number
-name of adults and children (gender and ages) in the cabin
-any other pertinent information i.e., celebrations, allergies, and anything else you want us to know
-your email address...I will email the final list to all participants.

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say whatever you are comfortable with.

After the sign up deadline of January 31st, I will complete the list and email all participants a copy. Then you’ll know how many FE gifts to prepare with the cabin number of where to deliver it.

Post questions to this thread! Thanks! :)

The Philpot family would love to join the latecomer fish extender group!
Pam 70
Keri 45
Katie 12
Gracie 12
Parker (boy)12

No allergies. Kids turn 12 on February 17 aboard the cruise!

Pam 70
Keri 45
Katie 12
Gracie 12
Parker (boy)12

So glad you can join our group! And we will be thrilled to make the birthday day special for your kids! Am I reading it right that they are triplets?

There are a couple of other families in the regular Disney Fantasy thread that expressed interest, so I think we should have a nice group.

I will add you to the list, and send out the complete compiled list when registration is closed on January 31st. You can message me at WebsterFamily through this forum with an email address so I can email the list to you, or alternatively I can post the list on this forum.

Laurie

Our family would like to join the latecomer fish extender group. We are in stateroom #6564 Our family members are: Andrew age 32 Shelli age 32 Hayleigh age 4 Madelyn age 2
There are no allergies in our family.

Pam 70
Keri 45
Katie 12
Gracie 12
Parker (boy)12

Hi Philpot family! When I went to put your family into the actual spreadsheet, I realized that I don't have your stateroom.

If you reply (or message me) with your stateroom, I can add you to the list (it might take a few days--my internet is down at home!!).

OR, you can add your family to the google doc at this link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...c1dFSnZuclBRV1FHaXZ0Z191Qnc&usp=sharing#gid=0

Some of the people in the first fish extenders group are doing both lists! :-)

Laurie

Our family would like to join the latecomer fish extender group. We are in stateroom #6564 Our family members are: Andrew age 32 Shelli age 32 Hayleigh age 4 Madelyn age 2
There are no allergies in our family.

So glad you can join our group! I added you to the list. If you need to make any changes, you can do so at our google doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...c1dFSnZuclBRV1FHaXZ0Z191Qnc&usp=sharing#gid=0

(Sorry for the delay--our home internet is down.)

You can message me with any questions (or reply to this post).

Laurie

Hi we would like to join too, YAY
CABIN # 6162
CABIN # 6164
In each cabin there is 1 adult and 1 teenager.

The Federico Family would love to join!!!!! We are a family of 6 in 2 (ouch) adjoining staterooms! Stateroom numbers 9032 & 9034 deck 9.
Mike 43
Rosa 40
Cynthia 13
Isabella 11
Michael 10
Sofia 8
I'm not sure if we will have two fish extenders or just one. The rooms are connecting !
We have no allergies! Thank you so much for organizing this!!!
My only question is: do we give gifts every day? Or just a few times? I'm excited to start preparing!!!
~Rosa

The Federico Family would love to join!!!!! We are a family of 6 in 2 (ouch) adjoining staterooms! Stateroom numbers 9032 & 9034 deck 9.
Mike 43
Rosa 40
Cynthia 13
Isabella 11
Michael 10
Sofia 8
I'm not sure if we will have two fish extenders or just one. The rooms are connecting !
We have no allergies! Thank you so much for organizing this!!!
My only question is: do we give gifts every day? Or just a few times? I'm excited to start preparing!!!
~Rosa

So glad you can join us! I just added your family. You can take a look at the list (and make any changes if necessary):

Here is some more info that another person on our cruise meet and greet discussion board posted:
"There aren't that many rules for the FE; the basic ones are that you give at least one gift to any other stateroom which is on the list, although some people give one per person, others give one for the adults and one for the children. You also need to make sure you Fish Extender is hung on the fish outside your cabin as soon as you can on arrival day, as quite a lot of folks like to deliver the gifts as soon as possible. Finally, all gifts need to be delivered by Thursday evening, to give people a chance to pack them before the luggage is left outside the cabins for collection on Friday. You can find more info on:- http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/meets.htm.
There is also a meet at The Vista Café at 3pm on 15th February, we would love to see you there."

Hope that helps!
Laurie

Is this forum exchanging with the families listed as 2nd List? Sorry that I'm a little confused! This is our first time participating and our first Cruise! Thank you!

Is this forum exchanging with the families listed as 2nd List? Sorry that I'm a little confused! This is our first time participating and our first Cruise! Thank you!

Thanks for asking the question! It is a little bit confusing.

Those of us that joined after Jan. 1st are the "2nd list." There was an earlier list with a Jan. 1st deadline, and some of those people are joining our list as well (those are the "both lists" people). So, everyone on our latecomer google doc are part of our group:

I hope that makes sense!
Laurie

Ok! Thanks! Just making sure we are also doing the families that aren't labeled 2nd list or both list too? There are a few with nothing! Just want to make sure that I don't forget anyone! Thanks for your patience!

I think I need to send my email to someone--but I don't know how to do this privately--anyone have instructions? This is for the latecomer fish extender group.

I think I need to send my email to someone--but I don't know how to do this privately--anyone have instructions? This is for the latecomer fish extender group.

No need to email (as long as you can access the document)--you are on the list, so you are set. Here is the final fish extenders document:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1acV3fAeUyRNkNWMzE1RU12cjg/edit

Post any other questions (or let me know if you can't open the document, and I can send you a private message with my email).

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter