Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 2/21/15

That would work!!! What info do you need from me to participate? We are just so excited.

I will be happy to note the allergy to dairy, which includes chocolate. I will need your cabin number. In the past I think you needed 10 posts in order to PM. I see you have 3. In my information you will see how to send me an email. Just put candy exchange in the subject, and I will post here when I get it!

Bobbi

I have heard from the manufacturer of "my" exchange, no dairy is used.

Can chocolate be in the bag so long as she specifically doesn't eat it? If I were to join in, I was thinking about Goo-Goo Clusters.

I have a habit of buying bags of Smarties and just leaving them in every FE bag I can find. Don't know if that will happen this time (limited room in the Jeep since we have a third travel partner) but it might...

In case I have anyone over here I may have missed...
Last call for Pink Champagne Girls Tasting Signup!!
*Calling all Pink Champagne Girls!*

The PCG meets are a tradition started on the DIS, and have usually been limited to the gals. There has been enough interest though, so some of the guys are joining us as well, but they must follow the same "rules"! :cheer2:

The rules are: Everyone brings their own PINK to wear (dress, shirt, shorts, skirt, blouse, socks, etc) to the meet, and a tiara and/or feather boa are encouraged for the tasting.

DCL calls it a private champagne tasting, and ours will be held on Thursday, 2/26 at 2 pm in Ooh La La!
We have a MAX of 20 guests, and I need to finalize by FEB 6.
I will be sending DCL a list of names and stateroom numbers, and DCL will charge your stateroom account $30pp, whether you show up or not. (As an aside, if you have to back out for some reason, I will keep a list of wait-listers and you may be able to have them take your spot and work out $$ amongst yourselves...) We will have 5 or so different champagnes to taste and a Sommelier to explain the wines to us and serve us. We will just sit and sip and chat. Great fun!

If you are interested, please post here, or pm me to be added to the list THIS WEEK.

CHEERS!!
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Can chocolate be in the bag so long as she specifically doesn't eat it? If I were to join in, I was thinking about Goo-Goo Clusters.

I have a habit of buying bags of Smarties and just leaving them in every FE bag I can find. Don't know if that will happen this time (limited room in the Jeep since we have a third travel partner) but it might...

You are all so kind to accommodate allergies!!! There can be chocolate in the bag. She just can't eat it. Generally, she is pretty understanding about it. But, I would feel bad if 90% of what she got was chocolate.

Hi Song and Virginia! We are in the burbs too...and as Phil Connors famously said...."Blizzard, what blizzard? Its a few flakes!!" :laughing: Sorry, GHD marathon on AMC today, can't help myself. Hope you guys put your snow day to good use too!

Ha!! Yes, it has been lot of fun, though our snow blower gave out after blowing 5 times in 12 hours… Kids have been loving it, though!!

Checking to see if there is more interest. We give candy or snacks of local or regional interest, and we use Fish Extenders. Candy should be wrapped by the manufacturer for safety. We tell about the treats, usually by printing something from the Internet. I do keep groups small, so no one will have a sugar overload!
I will be sending the list of participants out via PM here around February 10-12.

Bobbi::yes::

We would love to join in the candy exchange! What a fun idea! Please let me know what info you need, and do we give bags for each family or each person? Sorry! I am new to all of this! :)

Hello! Would anyone have a 8-9ish year old daughter who might like to be an email pen pal with my daughter? Her name is Emily and she is in 3rd grade. Thank you for considering! :)

Last edited:
We would love to join in the candy exchange! What a fun idea! Please let me know what info you need, and do we give bags for each family or each person? Sorry! I am new to all of this! :)

OK! Welcome!
See if you can start a "conversation " with me. I will need your stateroom number, if there are allergies, and if you have children with you.
As far as what you give to each cabin...there is no "right or wrong" and gifts in the past have varied wildly. You nay be giving a bag of something that would give everyone in the cabin a few pieces, or, perhaps you are giving each person a "peanut chocolate" melt away pie that is a specialty of your area. We have gotten a bag of cotton candy from the area that claims to be the first....we have gotten 2 Astro Pops from California's space area. AGal from Brazil gave a around 10 pieces of "penny candy" treats and she described each one. FYI, I have an idea for the children in the group. This is not something we have ever done, we usually give "to family." So far, everyone seems to have a cabin but we. We booked OGT. I will close sign ups this weekend.

If you cannot start a conversation with me here on Disboards, and if you cannot get my most used e-mail address from my profile here, you can e-mail me at
Bobbiwozniak@lycos.com.
This is not my usual e-mail, but I will check it as long as the candy exchange is active.

Bobbi

You are all so kind to accommodate allergies!!! There can be chocolate in the bag. She just can't eat it. Generally, she is pretty understanding about it. But, I would feel bad if 90% of what she got was chocolate.

I understand and I will make note in the information I send out.

If you want to join, I need your stateroom number, allergy note and number of children.

What people give is up to them, the amount varies, but I do think everyone has always listened to special requests!

If you cannot reach me on the Disboards with your info, I have given my Candy Exchange e mail address above. I hope you will join our fun!

Bobbi

Candy Exchange

Cruisecrzy
Wdwjan
Tgropp
Bobbiwoz
Shuhei Tokyo
MouseketeersIL

I hope you decide to join us!:)

OK! Welcome!
See if you can start a "conversation " with me. I will need your stateroom number, if there are allergies, and if you have children with you.
As far as what you give to each cabin...there is no "right or wrong" and gifts in the past have varied wildly. You nay be giving a bag of something that would give everyone in the cabin a few pieces, or, perhaps you are giving each person a "peanut chocolate" melt away pie that is a specialty of your area. We have gotten a bag of cotton candy from the area that claims to be the first....we have gotten 2 Astro Pops from California's space area. AGal from Brazil gave a around 10 pieces of "penny candy" treats and she described each one. FYI, I have an idea for the children in the group. This is not something we have ever done, we usually give "to family." So far, everyone seems to have a cabin but we. We booked OGT. I will close sign ups this weekend.

If you cannot start a conversation with me here on Disboards, and if you cannot get my most used e-mail address from my profile here, you can e-mail me at
Bobbiwozniak@lycos.com.
This is not my usual e-mail, but I will check it as long as the candy exchange is active.

Bobbi

Great!! Thank you so much!! I think I can message you back…will see if it works!! :)

Oh my goodness! You are amazing! This is our first cruise and first fish extender, so I really need all the help I can get! :) I would love a copy of your spreadsheet - what a great idea!! :)
Thank you so much!!!!
Virginia
Hi! I would love a speac sheet.... And some intrusions on what to do.... I'm honestly clueless... Please help

My son and daughter are bringing theirs! (Although, my son has a hard time trading his, he never wants to give up any of his!)

Well, on my lanyard, I have one side of traders and one side of keepers. I like to meet and talk about collections as well. I have some in a case.

Have fun you Champagne lovers!

DH did a tequila tasting with some Disboarders on our WBPC cruise last May. if there's an organized group doing that, he would join in if there's room.

Is anyone thinking of doing the Paella cooking demo and dancing show afterwards in Puerto Rico?

I'm thinking about the paella, Bobbi, but I asked if anybody on the Dis had done it and nobody responded. If it's at Barrachina I'm in without question, but I don't know where they're doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter