Disney Fantasy Cruise!!!

disneyygal13

Earning My Ears
hey so my family and i are going on the disney fantasy cruise in a few weeks!! so excited, but have a question, i know it will be so wonderfully fun bc its disney (this is my first cruise) but i was just wondering about doing stuff for my age since I'm too old for the teen clubs but not old enough for the adult clubs...what happens here?!? what other things are available to do?!?

thankss!! :)

Not sure how old you are, but they do have meets called Club 18*21 for, well, people aged 18 through 21. They host activities and stuff and it allows you to meet other people that age that are on the ship.

I haven't been on a Disney cruise though, just researched, so sorry I can't help more!

I've been researching this for my brother who is in the same boat- though our cruise is in October... everything I've found says go to the college club social the first night and that will get you a group of people to hang out with from the get-go. Please do post more info upon your return so we can learn from your experiences! Have fun!

I've been on eight Disney cruises over the past 9 years, and the past three have been in my post-high school years. I was also on the maiden voyage of the Fantasy in March. DEFINITELY go to the Club 18*21 meet up on the first night. You'll meet the people you'll hang out with for the rest of the cruise there. The Cruise Staff (people in the red, white and blue polos during the day and the blue dress shirts at night) will be the people who supervise the 18*21 activities and your best friends throughout the cruise. Get to know them, get them to plan events for your age group and hang out with you, and you will have an amazing time! There is definitely a TON to do for people who are college-aged on DCL that no one really hears about. My most recent few cruises have been my favorite ones!

Have a great cruise!!!

There is definitely a TON to do for people who are college-aged on DCL that no one really hears about. My most recent few cruises have been my favorite ones!

princessemily21- can I ask you to list some of the planned activities they had on the fantasy for your age group? Was it all dance parties at night? Or did they have video game tournaments and snorkeling outings and such like the teen groups do? I'd REALLY appreciate it if you can spell it out for me, my mom is really nervous about my brother for our fall cruise on the fantasy!
TIA!!!

princessemily21- can I ask you to list some of the planned activities they had on the fantasy for your age group? Was it all dance parties at night? Or did they have video game tournaments and snorkeling outings and such like the teen groups do? I'd REALLY appreciate it if you can spell it out for me, my mom is really nervous about my brother for our fall cruise on the fantasy!
TIA!!!

Actually, the dance parties at night weren't the scheduled activities. Usually, we just show up at a common location and meet up with people and hang out from there. Most commonly, that is the nightclub (The Tube on the Fantasy) and usually, it turns into a dance party... at least for a little while.

I can pull out my navigators later and get a little more specific for you, but from memory, scheduled events were the "meet-up" on the first night, and then a few more hang outs after that. There was a DJ training session, a coffee hour, a pool party, Wii tournaments, and trivia nights in the pub. We were all at karaoke every night, so while they wanted to plan something for us there, they didn't have to schedule it, because they knew we would all just show up. The Cruise Staff wanted to plan something for us on Castaway Cay, and we told them not to bother... I can't remember why. We just chilled out on Serenity Bay together all day anyway. On past cruises (on the Magic, I remember, specifically), there were scheduled lunches for 18-21, but we didn't have those on the Fantasy.

All of it really depends on how well you get to know your cruise staff. They act as the "counselors" for the 18-21 group, but they also run all of the adult and family activities on board, so it's a busy group of people. They're all usually between the ages of 21 and like 27ish, so they're young and fun and they WANT to hang out with the college-aged people. They would ask us the day before if we wanted anything on the navigator the following day, and we would tell them, and they would schedule something. The best times we had though were meeting up and hanging out with the cruise staff between their shifts, or hanging out together around the ship after hours. It's an incredibly fun age to be on board, because for most people, there is this sudden outburst of freedom mixed with a lack of responsibility. You just have to remember to remain... sane and careful.

hey so my family and i are going on the disney fantasy cruise in a few weeks!! so excited, but have a question, i know it will be so wonderfully fun bc its disney (this is my first cruise) but i was just wondering about doing stuff for my age since I'm too old for the teen clubs but not old enough for the adult clubs...what happens here?!? what other things are available to do?!?

thankss!! :)

I've been on lots of Disney Cruises and believe me, there is a ton of things to do for all age groups. My suggestion would be to post this on the Disney Cruise line section of the disboards and then also look at all the navigators at the top of the page for current activities on the ships.
They are listed with the itinerary of each sailing. Have a fantastic time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter