• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy Cruise - 7 Night Western Caribbean - Aug 6 2016

NaredoFam

Earning My Ears
:sail: WELCOME DISNEY FANTASY WESTERN CARIBBEAN CRUISERS! :sail:

I did not see a post in the Disney Meets Thread or Links Board so I am starting one!

I am going to make a few posts below this one that I can edit for important info, FE info, cruise meet info, etc.
So please be sure to always check the first 4 posts to this thread for updated info!

I am looking forward to getting to know each of you!

:welcome:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

This will be updated as needed :smickey:

*FISH EXTENDER final list went out on Friday 7/29/16. Corrections & Pixie Dust recipients are on the FINAL list.

*CRUISE MEET is tentatively set for SUNDAY (Day 2) 8/7/16 at 10am. Deck 11 midship at tables in front of Ice Cream area. Come and go! Let me know if we need to change this.

ALMOST THERE! WOO HOO!

Last edited:
FISH EXTENDER INFORMATION:

I will edit this to contain what a FE is & important info regarding the FEs here soon! STAY TUNED! :mickeyjum

PLEASE NOTE: For those that are wanting to join the FE...Sign ups have began. If you DO NOT have 10 posts on your DISBoard account could you please go to other fun areas and make posts (even just saying HI works). You must have 10 posts before you can PM (private message) me the info. Please note that it will take a few hours to allow PM access after your 10th post. Let me know if you have questions about this.

FE stands for FISH EXTENDER...:fish:
It is derived from the tradition that groups sign up to bring surprises to others on the same ship. The FISH comes from the golden fish outside standard room doors where the DCL crew leaves messages for your room.

I am providing two important links below that describe everything you need to know about FE & the policies from DISBoard.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics -http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. -http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

:fish:TO JOIN THIS FISH EXTENDER:fish:
***Private Message me the following information please***
Name of Each Individual wishing to participate and whether Male or Female, List Ages for all Children (for age appropriate gift giving). Also list each persons favorite color, character & candy (this does not guarantee anything just a guide for everyone). Also need ROOM # and Email.
***OPTIONAL: If you would like to use the Disney app on the ship & communicate with those in the group, please list the full name on your Disney reservation so we can search you and add.
***REMEMBER: You can all participate in your room or if you prefer only kids. Just make it noted so the spreadsheet shows accordingly. You can also do a bigger gift and give one to family and that is ok, too.

DEADLINE: CLOSED! I can add PIXIE DUST participants if someone comes late but this does NOT guarantee any gifts.

I have done 3 FEs so....Let me know if you have any questions!
Thank you!
Dennise

***I HAVE ANOTHER THREAD THAT HAS SOME OTHER INFO REGARDING FE...please use this link to get to that thread!***
http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...bbean-aug-6-2016.3446660/page-6#post-56109709

ADDITIONAL INFO:
PLEASE make sure you have something hung outside your door on the Fish outside your door so that everyone can leave your gifts. It is standard to have a pocket for each person if possible, but if not please have something. Gifts are at your discretion – just try to keep in mind…would I like this if I received it! You may do 1 larger gift per family or individual gifts. You may do your gift(s) on 1 day throughout the cruise [some do around day 2, 3, or 4 just to keep excitement during week]. You may do multiple days especially for smaller items…like a small gift on day 2 and candy day 4 or vice versa. Just have fun with it! I am excited about the size of the group because I have been in groups of 20-30 and it was more work than fun L You can label your items which are appreciated like TO: & FROM: but you are NOT required to. Look on page 2 of the list…I have a few notes. Hopefully the deck maps will help this be A LOT easier, too!

THANK YOU! LOOK SO FORWARD TO THIS! This is a GREAT group!!!!

Last edited:
CRUISE MEET INFO:

***UPDATE: Tentatively looking at a Cruise Meet on Tuesday morning (day 2) at 10am. I'm thinking Deck 11 at the tables right when you walk out onto the deck from the midship elevators on the port side (left) of the ship by the Ice Cream station. Any thoughts?
If anyone is interested in Cruise Meet this info will be posted here. :tigger:

OK I am open to Cruise Meet suggestions! Please PM me if you have one so I do not miss on the threads!

We can do 1 or 2 and we can just meet in a lobby are on a deck or we can meet somewhere else specific. I am open!

My thinking is meet on our At Sea days...Sunday 8/7 & Thursday 8/11 - thinking maybe at 9am-10pm? No one has to stay that long but we did that on our last Cruise Meet so it allowed people to come & go. We also connected to each other on the Disney Cruise App so we could meet up other times if we wanted to.

I am open to agreeing or suggestions! LOL :sail:
Dennise

Last edited:

Hey cruisers! It is obviously still a ways out from this cruise! I am still here...will check in periodically...once I start seeing some active posts I will start updating all the posts above and we can get real active. Can't wait to meet you all!

~Dennise

Welcome Tracy & Suleyka!
We are going on our 2nd cruise for New Years so this cruise will be our 3rd also!
I will probably start getting the ball rolling after the holidays! Hopefully we will get some more join in the meantime.
Dennise

Welcome Erica! We just got yesterday from the Disney Wonder's New Years cruise. So much fun!

For those that are wanting to join the FE...I will start sign ups soon (prob by Feb 1). If you DO NOT have 10 posts on your DISBoard account could you please go to other fun areas and make posts even just saying HI works. You must have 10 posts before you can PM (private message) me the info. Please note that it will take a few hours to allow PM access after your 10th post. Let me know if you have questions about this.

THANK YOU!
Dennise

Can't wait to go on our third cruise and celebrate my daughter's birthday. Would love to participate in Fish Extender. We had so much fun last time!!

Can you share your experience with the FIsh extenders ...Im interested Thanks

ISO Help with these boards and tickers. trying to find 2016 Aug 6th Fantasy cruisers

I have copied & pasted this but if you have more questions go to the main FORUM page and then click on WELCOME TO DIS and there are several posts with help on these things...

NEW POSTERS must have at least 10 posts in order to add an Avatar or Signature to their profiles. After your 10th post there is also a time delay before these options will be available (usually about 30-60 mintues)

When these features have been enabled you will be able to hover over your username in the upper right corner and see options for Avatar and Signature .

For assistance with these or any other Technical "how do I" questions please read the FAQ here on the Welcome Board >>***FAQ's***<< incl. AVATARS, SIGS, FINDING YOUR POSTS etc or post your questions to the Technical Support Board .

Please do not just post randomly to increase your post count. We have plenty of threads all over the boards that you can contribute to and be able to increase your post count.

Can you share your experience with the FIsh extenders ...Im interested Thanks

Not sure what info you wanted about Fish Extenders but I found this on another post and thought it might be beneficial for you...let me know what other questions you still have!

~~~~~~~~~~

Fish Extenders are handled on your Cruise Meet thread. If your group decides they want to have a FE group. Not all cruises do. Especially the short Dream cruises. Most of the time it's because they have a larger number of first time cruisers who feel they don't know how to handle it.

A little primer on FEs:
WHAT IS A FISH EXTENDER?
Outside your room onboard is a message holder, in most cases it's shaped like a fish:
fish-holder-wonder-2012-1408-100_7536-jpg.146870

Once a cruise meet thread is up an running, someone in the group will (should?) step up and say "I'll maintain the Fish Extender exchange list". That person is the center point for all those who want to participate in the exchange. The list can be as simple as DISnames/room number/number of guests or as involved as full names/room number/ages of guests/like & dislikes/allergies/favorite characters/whatever is deemed necessary to know to put together the gifts.

Then each room on the FE list (note this will not be everyone on the Cruise Meet thread for your specific cruise), makes a Fish Extender holder. This is basically an organizer-type hanging bag with separate pockets for each person in the room:
door-magnets-4-wonder-oct-2011-256-100_3589-1500-jpg.146871

They also make up gifts (either individual gifts or room gifts - whatever is decided by your group) to be delivered during the cruise.

One note about the gifts, some groups set up specific delivery dates, and specify "each person gets a gift" or "only one gift per room" or (even) maximum/minimum price ranges for gifts. Other groups just say "whatever", so people can choose what/how many gifts to give. Some give individual gifts, others only one gift per room, while others might do one for the adults and separate gifts for kids. Or only gift the kids.

HOW IS A FE GROUP ORGANIZED?
Setting up FE group

There's really no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private), or directly on the Cruise Meet thread, to confirm everyone on it is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped" at this time.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards.

Now, armed with this information, you can head over to your specific Cruise Meet thread and see if anyone's interested in setting one up.

FISH EXTENDER INFORMATION:

I will edit this to contain what a FE is & important info regarding the FEs here soon! STAY TUNED! :mickeyjum

PLEASE NOTE: For those that are wanting to join the FE...I will start sign ups soon (prob by Feb 1). If you DO NOT have 10 posts on your DISBoard account could you please go to other fun areas and make posts even just saying HI works. You must have 10 posts before you can PM (private message) me the info. Please note that it will take a few hours to allow PM access after your 10th post. Let me know if you have questions about this.
Ok, thanks for the info.

Welcome Erica! We just got yesterday from the Disney Wonder's New Years cruise. So much fun!

For those that are wanting to join the FE...I will start sign ups soon (prob by Feb 1). If you DO NOT have 10 posts on your DISBoard account could you please go to other fun areas and make posts even just saying HI works. You must have 10 posts before you can PM (private message) me the info. Please note that it will take a few hours to allow PM access after your 10th post. Let me know if you have questions about this.

THANK YOU!
Dennise
We had to change our cruise! My daughter starts high school and try outs for sports are this week.we were told if she does not show up no chance of playing. So if you can remove me from the cruise or tell me what to do I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Erica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter