Disney Fantasy Cat 5E

sbag

Mouseketeer
Can someone please tell me which rooms are Cat 5E on deck 5?
From the deck layout, i can see clearly which rooms are Cat 5E on decks 6,7,8,9,10.

Also, would you take a Cat 4C midship or Cat 5E GTY?

Thanks!

I can't speak for the whole floor - but we are staying in stateroom 5652 and that is a 5E.

We stayed in that room on the Dream (now going on the Fantasy) and loved it!! It is starboard aft (seahorse as opposed to Fish); extended balcony - great view of Castaway Cay from the verandah when you are pulling in (we eat breakfast out there on that day).

There are no more cat 5E cabins on deck 5. The extended veranda cabins that were 5E were reclassified as 4E. If your reservation is from before the switch, it shows the cabin as 5E, but it's not. We booked 5052 for next June and it's a 4E. We stayed in 5150 this past June and it was shown on the reservation as 5E because we booked it before the change.

HTH

pirate:

Thanks Lvaughn, that was the answer I was looking for.
From the deck plan layout, it looks like they are all Cat 4E, like you said. But on the Disney Cruise booking site, it says they have 5E on deck 5,6,7,8,9,10. They must not have updated this info.

I would take the current Cat 5E (not 4Es on deck 5) GTY over the 4C ANYDAY!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have a 5E booked in December, so I may be biased (although I have never sailed 5E before, so maybe not)

I would take the 5E GTY.... you can never be placed in a "lower" category than your GTY Booking, so either you will get a 5E or a 4#... No point in booking 4C when you might get a 4 anyway... unless the price is the same.

The advice everyone gives on here is to always book the lowest category that you will be happy with. That way, if you get the one that you booked, you will be a happy camper (or cruiser, as the case may be) and if you get an upgrade, *bonus*!

Just my opinion. No matter what you do, you're still on the Disney Ship, the happiest vessels on earth

Have a magical trip!

I admit! I am an aft extended balcony addict!! When I booked by March Fantasy cruise I booked a 5E GTY. I got it! I would have been so disappointed if I hadn't. Unless you are giving me a suite, I don't want an upgrade!!! There is nothing like seeing that beautiful sapphire blue wake at the back of the ship!!

Thanks for all the advice! The Cat 5E is long gone. I have a Cat 4C booked for the March 9 Fantasy eastern cruise. Can't wait!

sbag said:
Thanks for all the advice! The Cat 5E is long gone. I have a Cat 4C booked for the March 9 Fantasy eastern cruise. Can't wait!

Come check out our meet thread!!! I'll be in a 5E on that cruise 8)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I can't speak for the whole floor - but we are staying in stateroom 5652 and that is a 5E.

We stayed in that room on the Dream (now going on the Fantasy) and loved it!! It is starboard aft (seahorse as opposed to Fish); extended balcony - great view of Castaway Cay from the verandah when you are pulling in (we eat breakfast out there on that day).

Hi.

How did you get to pick your room? I booked a cat 5e on the fantasy for Jan 2014 and the only option for the cat 5e was a gty. I would really like a room on the corner, but I guess I have to wait until the rooms are assigned?? Please advsie. Thanks :)

Hi.

How did you get to pick your room? I booked a cat 5e on the fantasy for Jan 2014 and the only option for the cat 5e was a gty. I would really like a room on the corner, but I guess I have to wait until the rooms are assigned?? Please advsie. Thanks :)

When a category is close to selling out you won't get an option to choose your room. The people who picked their room numbers booked before the category got close to selling out. When you are in a GTY status that means you are guaranteed at LEAST that category (in your case, 5E) but you could be assigned a higher category. You will not be assigned a lesser category. That's where the word "guarantee" comes into play with the concept. :thumbsup2 You won't know what you got until the rooms are assigned which can be up to just a few weeks from sailing. I once booked a GTY but got assigned a room in a noisy location (beneath a night club). No way Jose! I paid for an upgrade, changed to a higher category, and picked my room in a quiet location. Others have been assigned fabulous rooms, even got rooms in higher categories which essentially is like getting a pixie dust gift! Hope that makes sense. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter