• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy, August 18, 2012 - Western Caribbean

WE have decided against the dolphin experience. BOO!!! However, I have don it with my older children and now am thinking my little girl will just not like it. Needs to be a little older and wanting to be in the water with such a larger creature.

So what are people doing??? Is there anything else but beach things?
Grand Cayman _ We are scuba diving on a family tour that takes kids
Costa Maya _ Maybe some beach called Tropical?
Cozumel_ Maybe a private beach called Nachi Cocom. But we don't really drink and its a lot of $$

Any ideas??? Anyone going to these places?

WE have decided against the dolphin experience. BOO!!! However, I have don it with my older children and now am thinking my little girl will just not like it. Needs to be a little older and wanting to be in the water with such a larger creature.

Cozumel_ Maybe a private beach called Nachi Cocom. But we don't really drink and its a lot of $$

We are doing the dolphin swim and then stuff on Castaway Cay and that is all we have scheduled. Just get off and shop around a bit but mostly just stay on the ship and relax. We went to Mexican Rivera in April and I didn't get off the ship once in 7 days although I had been there several times before. Didn't seem like there was too much fun stuff to do at these ports.

For Costa Maya, try the Tropicante. There are a few of us going there.

On Cozumel, look into Chankanab. We did that our first time there with our son (he was 4 1/2) and it was perfect. You can snorkel there (and they have the dolphins if you change your mind). :thumbsup2

Hello,

I will make a report(blog) of our vaction. We will also go to Memphis, Chattanooga and Atlanta. If you like you can read it on our blog, there's also a translate program on the site because it's in Dutch. You also can let send you a e-mail if there's a uptdate.

http://connie-vakantie.blogspot.nl

Hello all. Myself, my wife and 2 kids (boys 5 and 2) along with 6 family members (parents, sister, her husband and kids) will be making our maiden Disney voyage this Saturday on the Fantasy. My wife and I have been on 4 cruises including the Oasis of the Seas last year, but this is our first cruise with both kids.

I realize I'm a little late to the party but I wanted to see if anyone that was going to be on the boat with us was looking for something to do in Cozumel. If so, and you are a fan of the reality show "The Amazing Race" check out this link google amazing race Cozumel and check out their site.

We have been signed up for about 2 months now but recieved an E-mail this week that they're currently 4 people short of the minimum they require to run the race the day we're docked in Cozumel. I believe we're the only ship in port that day, so I guess they're having a hard time finding enough people.

It's gotten awesome reviews on Trip Advisor if you need any additional convincing. :-)

Hope to see you at the starting line!

Michael

Hi Michael,

We're tied up in Cozumel - have snorkeling trip planned but I just wanted to say hi - I'm traveling with my DH, sister, and my two boys (5 and 7). Not sure if you have been reading back, but this group is doing a meet n greet at 2:45 at the Vista Cafe on our sail out day Saturday.

We seem to be pretty active on facebook page - more than here. If you're on, send a note to the moderator of this board - Chris.

Jen

Hello,
We are late to join the group and have finally understood what all the
FE is about!!!
We will not try and do the FE this trip but at least we will be ready for the next cruise!
We are going to try and make the mingle on deck 4.
We have twin 12 year old daughters and a 17 year daughter old coming this trip .
Our 20 year old son will also be along.
Can't wait to meet all the people that have had such great ideas on this list.
Vanessa

Flying out tomorrow morning and still not done packing yet :hyper:! Happy travels everyone.

We leave tomorrow at the frightful hour of 4 am on our way to Disney All Star Music Resort for the day and night. Taking Disney Transportation to the cruise on Sat. morning everyone have a safe and wonderful trip to the ship!

Hello,
We are late to join the group and have finally understood what all the
FE is about!!!
We will not try and do the FE this trip but at least we will be ready for the next cruise!
We are going to try and make the mingle on deck 4.
We have twin 12 year old daughters and a 17 year daughter old coming this trip .
Our 20 year old son will also be along.
Can't wait to meet all the people that have had such great ideas on this list.
Vanessa

Welcome. I have 12 yo twin daughters too. I know there is another almost 12 yo boy/girl set. They should have a great time.

Hope everyone had a wonderful trip and arrived home safely. I just wanted to thank each and everyone who shared in the FE it was more fun than I expected. It was nice coming back to your cabin or waking up in the morning and finding your gifts.

Thank you again,
Corkie:love:

What an amazing week on the Fantasy my family enjoyed - truly a fantasy is so many ways. We are finding it a bit of a challenge to return to reality (thus I am on here and the family is going through trip pictures with again!).

I also wanted to say a huge thank you to all who participated in the FE: such variety, creativity, and just fun. Every single member of our family enjoyed the FE - both the giving and receiving!

We are also having a hard time getting back to reality. I hope all those who went to Disney World after the trip are having a great time.

The FE was a big favorite with my children. They were always looking for a little something and loved walking the ship looking for the rooms. Thank you to all who participated.

Anyone up for a ride on the Aquaduck?

Can't wait for our next cruise in 2014.

I'm still in denial.... Any minute now I'll wake up from this horrible nightmare and find myself back on that absolutely beautiful ship!! Yup... aaaaaany minute now.... :rolleyes1

The ship was amazing, the food delicious, the entertainment phenomenal, and the weather perfect (after we left PC, anyway). Long before the cruise I would say things like "maybe in a few years we'll have to try the Alaska cruise" and my mom would just poo-poo it off with a "this is a once and done thing" for her. Well, I am happy to report that, as we were getting packed up on Friday night, mom said "next time we'll have to...".:lmao: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter