• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy, August 18, 2012 - Western Caribbean

I have to admit, Im not on facebook. Feel a little left out. what's going on on that board? :scratchin;):blush:

Dont feel left out Corkie. I don't think there is anything happening there that isn't happenining here. I know I've been coming to both boards. Not that I'm online much....CAUSE I'M AT WALT DISNEY WORLD. :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Dont feel left out Corkie. I don't think there is anything happening there that isn't happenining here. I know I've been coming to both boards. Not that I'm online much....CAUSE I'M AT WALT DISNEY WORLD. :dance3::dance3::dance3:

I've been thinking about you Suzanne and hoping that you're having lovely weather! I'm totally jealous by the way - how is the World?

Here's the most recent list of the travelers in our cruise group. (This is NOT the FE list.) List is based on info that was shared by cruise thread members. If there is anything you want changed or removed, let me know.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/DISboard Cheat Sheet DRPBX.pdf?w=154a472d

Also, don't forget get to stop by the DIS Meet on 8/18 @ 2:45pm (until the muster drill) in the Vista Cafe. Come meet some of your fellow cruisers! Also good way for the kids to connect before they head into the clubs. :)

I've been thinking about you Suzanne and hoping that you're having lovely weather! I'm totally jealous by the way - how is the World?

Having a fantastic time. Its very hot, although when it rains it cools down a lot. There are a couple of times I've put a jacket on late in the afternoon. But the rest of the time its sweltering.

We've done a bit so far. We've been to each of the 4 parks. Also done the Wishes Dessert Party, Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose and dinner at T-Rex. Loved all of them. The kids have been on Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest. They love them. Mark (DH) not so much. The only one we got him on was Everest and he said never again. :rotfl2:

:mic:Second FE Exchange List (as of 8/7/12)

6012: Pete (Yensidfan) / Courtney (DD24) from FL

7086: Jane (Corkie) / Ray (DH) from NY celebrating 40th anniversary!!!

7068: Lisa (Cherokee2504) / Ray (DH) / Ray (DS8) / Symantha (DD4) from NY

7612: Paulette (psdepaulo) / Audney (DH) / Paulina (DD6.5) / Sebastian (DS3.5) from CA

8568: Karen (Blondee01) / DH / DD11 / DD10 from WI

9547: Chris (DVC_Chris) / Amanda (DW) / Lexi (DD1) from NY

10004: Amy (crabbymom90) / Jeff (DH) / Noah (DS8) / Abby (DD5) from PA

Please reply ASAP with any changes! Thanks!

:cool1:

Having a fantastic time. Its very hot, although when it rains it cools down a lot. There are a couple of times I've put a jacket on late in the afternoon. But the rest of the time its sweltering.

We've done a bit so far. We've been to each of the 4 parks. Also done the Wishes Dessert Party, Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose and dinner at T-Rex. Loved all of them. The kids have been on Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest. They love them. Mark (DH) not so much. The only one we got him on was Everest and he said never again. :rotfl2:

:lmao: DS loves, loves, loves Everest. I can go on it once..... maybe..... as long as it's been quite a while since I've last eaten anything. The first time I ever went on it I was kind of :sick: and had to sit for a spell afterwards. :rolleyes1

I'm glad you're all having a great time. See you real soon! :wave2:

I will never forget when my dad rode Everest for the first time...

"You didn't tell me it went backwards!"

Second FE Exchange List (as of 8/7/12, 9:20pm)

5160: Kimberly (staffieri) / DH / Becca (DD6) from CA

7612: Paulette (psdepaulo) / Audney (DH) / Paulina (DD6.5) / Sebastian (DS3.5) from CA

Please contact me ASAP with any changes!

crabbymom90 said:

Thanks so much for preparing! :)

crabbymom90 said:

So nice of you to organize the 2nd FE list!

Has anyopne heard anything about the Verizon Disney Parks app for android?

Wondering if it really works?

Thanks,
Mary

I will never forget when my dad rode Everest for the first time...

"You didn't tell me it went backwards!"

Our family loves Riding the last train car just for that reason. We also got a wish granted when my son said he could ride it all day. A CM heard him and granted him unlimited fast passes for the ride all day. We also got to tour the control room. Another great day at Disney!

We are leaving for Orlando in 2 days! I have been packing and hating every min. of that part. I just know I am going to forget something important.

Anyone checking the weather for our cruise week?

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one thinking about this! :thumbsup2 Unfortunately, I think it's still a little too early to tell. Hopefully they'll be able to start pinning our week down by Monday/Tuesday of next week.

Still too early for our week, but there is an area of interest in the Atlantic that they're putting at 50% chance of turning into something. Wonder if it will affect the Eastern cruise for next week. Wouldn't that be something that this week's Western goes east and next week's Eastern goes west.

Now this is only 50%, so anything can happen. It could turn north and go away in the Atlantic, it could stay south and go west and go into the Caribbean.

This time next week we should be able to see if anything will affect us.

We are leaving for Orlando in 2 days! I have been packing and hating every min. of that part. I just know I am going to forget something important.

Lucky you - I am not leaving until a week from Friday. My daughter and her family are leaving this Friday and she is packing too and keeps saying I know I am missing something. I told her to let me know and I will bring it. I am sure she has more than what she needs!!!!

Hey Karen, can I get your DH and DDs' names? I'll post 2nd FE list tomorrow. :coffee:

Amy

Sorry I am new at this. DH is Paul, and DD Olivia age 10 (one week shy of 11) and DD Aubrey 11. We are in cabin 8568.
Thanks for putting a second list together.

I am hoping the storm moves on and our weather will be great!

See you all soon!

Karen:yay:

Amy

Sorry I am new at this. DH is Paul, and DD Olivia age 10 (one week shy of 11) and DD Aubrey 11. We are in cabin 8568.
Thanks for putting a second list together.

I am hoping the storm moves on and our weather will be great!

See you all soon!

Karen:yay:

Thanks, Karen!

Second FE Exchange List (as of 8/8/12, 11:00pm)

8568: Karen (Blondee01) / Paul (DH) / Aubrey (DD11) / Olivia (DD10.5) from WI

I'm right there with ya! All week I've been going around the house grabbing this and that and the other thing and throwing it all into one specific area. We leave next Wednesday and I'm already :scared1:.

Just try to keep in mind that we're not going into the most remote village in Africa! Whatever we forget, there are stores nearby and on the ship (yes, pricey ;), but whatever you need will probably be available).

I read that little golden nugget somewhere here on the DIS (on this thread?) and I keep reciting it whenever I feel a bit overwhelmed. :dance3:

Have a great flight (drive?) and I'll see you soon!! :yay:

Still too early for our week, but there is an area of interest in the Atlantic that they're putting at 50% chance of turning into something. Wonder if it will affect the Eastern cruise for next week. Wouldn't that be something that this week's Western goes east and next week's Eastern goes west.

Now this is only 50%, so anything can happen. It could turn north and go away in the Atlantic, it could stay south and go west and go into the Caribbean.

This time next week we should be able to see if anything will affect us.

Is there a specific phone number or anything to find out if our sailing details/itinerary change? I will be away from home the whole week before the cruise.....not sure if I'll have wifi.....

Amy -

Any chance of adding a late-comer to FE group 2?

Family of 5 - DH, DD (7), DS (13), and DS (11). I am excited to see that there are other little girls for my daughter to play with. Hoping she will make friends so she'll want to go to Oceaneer's Lab. My boys will have each other in Edge!

We are in rooms - 5658 & 5660. If too late to add, I totally understand!

Thanks for all the great ideas on this thread. Off to pack!

Renee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter