Disney Fantasy 4E verandahs - all solid walls?

Seaera

Forever planning trips...
Hi all,
Do all of the category 4E rooms on Disney Fantasy have the solid wall verandah? If not, is there somewhere that lists which ones do and which don't? Would prefer one that doesn't if at all possible. Many thanks in advance! :goodvibes

I wasn't aware that any 4E rooms have whitewall verandahs. We were in a 4E on the Dream and ours was plexiglass.

The Fantasy does not have any solid wall verandahs. They have what is called "whitewall" verandahs, where the "wall" part is about shin-high and can easily be seen over, even when seated.

The Magic and Wonder have completely solid verandah walls in some staterooms; the Dream and Fantasy were built without them.

Phew! Thanks so much. I've been doing so much researching lately my brain has turned to mush. I read some stateroom reviews where a solid white verandah was mentioned and I took that to mean the whole wall was solid, which is what I wanted to avoid. Sounds like I'm safe. :)

Hmmm...I was just re-reading some reviews (the ones at the top of this page under stateroom room reports. Reviews for 5150 and 5650 both say that they have full metal walls. I think the one for 5150 even says you need to stand up to see. :confused3

Seaera said:
Hmmm...I was just re-reading some reviews (the ones at the top of this page under stateroom room reports. Reviews for 5150 and 5650 both say that they have full metal walls. I think the one for 5150 even says you need to stand up to see. :confused3

The room reports will be for all the ships if they are on a deck that both classes of ships have, which would be the case for deck 5. Make sure the reviews that have you worried are for the same class of ship that you are sailing on.

Magic/Wonder: full white wall
Dream/Fantasy: shin-height metal piece, remainder plexiglass

The 4e's on the Dream and Fantasy have an unobstructed standard railing with clear plexi.

If you look at the bottom of photo link, cabins forward of lifeboats are 1/4 of the 4e's. All 4e's have a large extended balcony.:thumbsup2

If you stand near rail, obviously folks above/next to you can see you.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u173/rsx78400/Disney Dream/outside2.jpg

ETA; fwiw the 7a cabins 5024 and 5524 are not private at all due to extended balcony next door in these 4e's.
Most folks assigned these two cabins are not the most pleased unless assigned at a deep discount through a *GT rate.

That report was for the Wonder (reread it). On the Wonder 5150 is at the very back of the ship (as it says in the report). 5150 on the Fantasy does not have a solid white wall verandah and is more mid-ship.

MJ

That report was for the Wonder (reread it). On the Wonder 5150 is at the very back of the ship (as it says in the report). 5150 on the Fantasy does not have a solid white wall verandah and is more mid-ship.

MJ

Aha! The lightbulb just went on. :) Because I had clicked on "Fantasy" after going there, I assumed all the rooms I was looking at were Fantasy rooms.
Thank you for pointing that out!

We were in 5150 on the Dream, it did not have a solid veranda, it was huge and you could see through the bars/plexiglass . It had 2 loungers and 2 chairs as well as a small table. Awesome!

Beware, the same room on the Fantasy though has had some noise issues. On the Dream we had some from increased foot traffic since it was so close to the kids club, but on the Fantasy there is also Pepe's door to listen to people knocking on...

That's on the Wonder. Even though you click on "Fantasy" in the first page it will show you reviews for all four ships. You have to make sure you are reading reviews for the correct category of ship.

I was on the Fantasy in October in Stateroom 5650. It is a category 4E regular room, (it is not an accessible room).
Here are pictures of the balcony
8169572194_03ce701e49_c.jpg

8169544641_0f46f49e0d_c.jpg

8169545079_c357cc6573_c.jpg

The only thing I would warn you about these balconies is if it is windy they may open the end panels (the ones with the rounded corner) so your balcony wouldn't be as private. You could walk the length of the cabins in that section. We were on the day after Sandy and the panels were open for 3 or 4 days. Not huge deal, but it is nice to be aware.

We did love the location of this room!

Last edited:
I just booked 5650 on the Disney Dream for April. Do you think the balcony is the same size and layout? Also, will they bring you a recliner chair if you ask for it? How was the noise factory from the kids club? It looks like the hallway is cut off and that you can't go directly to the kid's club from this room. Is that true?

I just booked 5650 on the Disney Dream for April. Do you think the balcony is the same size and layout? Also, will they bring you a recliner chair if you ask for it? How was the noise factory from the kids club? It looks like the hallway is cut off and that you can't go directly to the kid's club from this room. Is that true?

I would think it is the same on the Dream. In the hall outside the room the kids club was noisy inside the room I couldn't hear a peep. At the end of the hall was a staff door into the club.

I was on the Fantasy in October in Stateroom 5650.

The only thing I would warn you about these balconies is if it is windy they may open the end panels (the ones with the rounded corner) so your balcony wouldn't be as private. You could walk the length of the cabins in that section. We were on the day after Sandy and the panels were open for 3 or 4 days. Not huge deal, but it is nice to be aware.

Hi, would you recommend this room for family of 4?( DH, me, DS18 & DD8) we are on deck 10 1048(Deluxe Oceanview stateroonw/ verandah) and I was thinking this could be small for our family and thinking of switching to a Deluxe family w/ verandah and the cheapest rate I can is deck 5 and 565o\0 is still available. thanks.-

I was on the Fantasy in October in Stateroom 5650.

WOW. Great pics. The area looks wonderful and open. Thanks for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter